autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures: 5th Autogeek Cars & Coffee with Dennis Gage

I talked to the owner of this Black Cobra, forget the year but he told me there were only two ever built with an automatic....

Mike Phillips

The paint on this 1934 Ford Victoria looks pretty good from this side of the car....

From this angle you can see someone has buffed the paint out using a rotary buffer and left holograms in the paint...

Kind of busy this week but going to see about having this car back next week to do some product testing...

Mike Phillips

Continued....

Here's another car that attended this last Saturday's Cars & Coffee....

We're going to have Bill back for an extreme makeover to share with all our local car guys what Autogeek is all about...

1991 Alfa Romeo Spider - Holograms from Hell

I couldn't make paint look this bad if you blindfolded me, tied one hand behind my back and made me buff this car with rocks and sand....

This is Bill and this is his 1991 Alfa Romeo Spider. Words cannot describe the pain my eyes felt when I finally had a chance to inspect the paint with the sun shining overhead.

This car will be back in the very near future for a redo....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mike.phillips@autogeek View Post

o.m.g.

Mike Phillips

The holograms just keep coming....

1964 1/2 Mustang - Holograms in new paint - Really?

Don Eddy is a local car guy and owner of a beautiful 1964 1/2 Mustang that has been in his family since it was purchased new. This last Saturday, Don attended our Cars & Coffee where I had a chance to take a fresh look at his Mustang.

Don was on the second season of our TV show, "What's in Autogeek's Garage" where we shared his Musting and Don's story along with my guest Sam Memmolo.

Since then, Don had the hood repainted by a local body shop and "yes" they did what most if not all body shops do, they buffed the new paint using ONLY a rotary buffer and probably a wool pad and left holograms in the paint.

The original single stage paint is suffering a little too from oxidation... so when we remove the holograms we'll also do some very light polishing to restore the clarity to the single stage paint so it more closely matches the new basecoat/clearcoat paint.

Wiper Scratch
    There's also a scratch in the windshield on the driver's side. We'll take care of this for Don too while his car is here.

IF you've ever read my article,

It's not that hard...

That's the article I wrote to show with pictures to all the big strong guys out there that are afraid to buff their car by machine that it's not only not that hard but with the help of Autogeek it's also very safe...

IF you've read the above article, then you've met Don Eddy as he's one of the guys I show in the article and he's buffing out a 1967 Carmaro...

Video and Pictures - Two 1967 Camaro's - Show Car Makeovers!

Don's been a good friend to everyone here at Autogeek and it will be a privilege to get his Mustang back up to Autogeek standards.

Mike Phillips

That's about it for pictures from last weekend's 5th Autogeek's Cars & Coffee....

Not only did we have a stellar turn-out of both cars and people but I've created enough work undoing other people's damage to keep busy for a while....

Here's two parting shots.... in case you ever wanted to see a close up of tire rubber after a 5-star burnout....

Here's some of Earl's tire...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Here's some of Earl's tire...
    I'm imagining Jackie Gleason's voice as Sheriff Buford T. Justice:

"now that could get expensive..."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I'm imagining Jackie Gleason's voice as Sheriff Buford T. Justice:

"now that could get expensive..."
    "There ain't NO WAY, NO WAAAY, that you come from my loins! The first thing I'm goin' do when I get home is punch your mama right in the mouth!"

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for an excellent Cars and Coffee event, Mike. The Autogeek team provided the crowd with the same courteous service that we get when we order products. The hospitality was gracious and appreciated. Your tech session on cleaning glass was informative and helpful. Your demonstration of the Master Blaster blew me away (no pun intended). Special thanks for the pics. I was pleasantly surprised to see your great shot of my BMW 128i. Not too shabby for a "white" finish, huh? Thanks, again, for a great Saturday morning.

Al Fortuna

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Pictures: 5th Autogeek Cars & Coffee with Dennis Gage

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    For me it's just the "idea" of a water cooled V8 in the front of the car. It's so opposite of what Porsche builds and what Porsche fans prefer. Call me a radical. To me it's the Porsche Hotrod.

The 928 is the "German Camaro", LOL! and Tony Montana's choice in Porsche too, he caused quite a ruckus down there over 30 years ago, I'm glad he wasn't driving a 911 for sure!

There's a reason Porsche fans prefer what Porsche used to build traditionally, a great example of the breed, something the 928 will never be:
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast