autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Name That Tool & Win! New FLEX XFE Needs a Name!

Some of the responses in this thread are absolutely bonkers.

"How dare Autogeek put on this contest that is reliant on an outside party and then they don't adhere to MY personal schedule! I've got things to do! I'll never shop here again if this contest for a free polisher isn't run exactly how I think it should be!"

Just wow.

Mike Phillips

Time to step in and straighten a few things out....

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Time to step in and straighten a few things out....

Please do. I knew my post would get reported. Are you going to ban me?

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Some of the responses in this thread are absolutely bonkers.

"How dare Autogeek put on this contest that is reliant on an outside party and then they don't adhere to MY personal schedule! I've got things to do! I'll never shop here again if this contest for a free polisher isn't run exactly how I think it should be!"

Just wow.
    How about not being so immature? Have you ever considered that some of the members here are not all detailers? Some of us have careers outside of this forum that do not revolve around washing cars and waiting around as if there is nothing better to do. Nobody has said that they were never going to shop anywhere ever again. And I will stand up for what I said because I have been waiting to buy a polisher as an informed consumer and if one of those choices is going to be absent, then I will not allow that to effect my decision. That tool just will not be selected in favor of the ones that ARE available and have real world reviews now rather than an untested and unknown product. Sure the name may be known, but that does not mean that every tool they make is a homerun. And since when it is an outrage to hold anyone to their word?

Mike Phillips

First - After reading through some of the remarks made by a few forum members I have to say I shocked but not surprised.

Second - Flex is a top notch company and their history is nothing but stellar.

The last time Flex introduced a new tool, out of their kindness and willingness to give back to the AGO community, the enabled our forum membership the opportunity to come up with the name, (which they did), and then the winner was given the actual tool.

That's a fact that's documented on this forum.

After reading some of the remarks made by a few people on this forum I personally called Bob Eichelberg to ask him where the Flex company is at with the naming of the the tool.

Bob says he has submitted all the name suggestions from this thread and due to reasons of language and translation from American for use in both Germany and across the nations of Europe is that none of the names submitted so far work for global use.

The contest is still open and ongoing.

That said, there's some forum rules being broken in this thread and it's time for our Moderators to step in and clean it up.

I would highly recommend anyone with any negative comment they feel strongly about posting for the world to read to take a moment to read our forum rules and maybe

Push away from the keyboard

Here's the link to the forum rules...

Forum Rules

And the specific rule I see at least one forum member breaking is this one,

4. No bashing any company or their products.

Absolutely shocked.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conquistador View Post
    This thread is a joke. How about Nick step up and shed some light on the problem. Rather than keep string everyone out. If this is how Autogeek is run, I'll be purchasing my tools and supplies elsewhere
    Judging by your posting history and how you conduct yourself on our discussion forum, I'm certain you shop elsewhere already. I'm okay with that, because I certainly wouldn't want myself or any of my staff members to have to deal with your sour attitude over the phone. I'm thankful that characters like you are the exception and not the rule, otherwise I would dread coming into work every day. For every negative, condescending person like yourself, we have thousands of happy customers with good, honest intentions that post on our forum and shop from our site.

In the meantime, everyone else is hanging tight until FLEX decides which name translates best in German. When the official decision is made, I will create a new thread and announce the winner.

We don't ban anyone, you ban yourself.

Mike Phillips

For the record, no post was reported. Yet.

Also, I'm not technically a "moderator" on this forum we have people to enforce forum rules and I'll leave the cleaning up to them.

I'm just completely dismayed in what I see being said in this thread.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728