autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Enter to win Wolfgang Füzion Carnauba Polymer Estate Wax 3 oz. Mini

Am a member of this site and I like how everyone helps each other out and when I have questions you help me out right away
    and I want to give back to the site and give 1 Free Wolfgang Füzion Carnauba Polymer Estate Wax 3 oz. Mini

How to win tell me what got you in to detailing
    Winner will be picked on 1/6/2018

2. Likes The Guz, Oz_TCH, Dr Oldz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Enter to win Wolfgang Füzion Carnauba Polymer Estate Wax 3 oz. Mini

That is really Cool that you would do something like that Joe061990! And an Awesome product at that!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Enter to win Wolfgang Füzion Carnauba Polymer Estate Wax 3 oz. Mini

Very nice of you Joel!

Post Thanks / Like

Way cool bud! Keep on Rocking! Happy New Year!

Unfortunately, I am just a hobbyist! But either way awesome prize!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Very Generous of you Joe. Here's my story: When I was 18 and in college, a friend of mine started a detail shop that was in the same building as his friend's body shop. He needed help and I already worked at a car wash, so I agreed to help. He got connected with a local GM dealer and we had a pretty steady flow of used cars to detail. I think we did a interior cleaning, engine cleaning, wash and wax for about $35 or $40 per car. This was in 1991-92. My friend ended up leaving for another job and I took over the detail business myself. I made some money and learned that detailing was hard work, but it was rewarding because you could see results, even as a novice. I was using polisher (not orbital) on some pretty rough cars and I did achieve some results, but nobody every really showed me the proper method of machine polishing. I ran the business until the body shop owner decided to move out of state, so I lost my building. I was just about done with Jr. College, so no big deal. I moved out of state to finish college, got a job, had kids, etc. A few years ago, I got interested in detailing again. Somehow I stumbled across AutoGeek, and started watching Mike Phillips' videos. I realized that I had never really understood the correct way to wash, polish or wax a car. I think I've seen the majority of the videos on the sight. Now I use a two bucket wash system, clay, polish, wax correctly and use a PC 7424 with ease. I have a boat now and and getting into proper car of gel coats. Detailing is just a hobby for me now, but I think it will be a lifelong passion. I have learned so much for Mike and from so many others on this forum. I wish much success to you in your detailing endeavors! I have never used Wolfgang Füzion Carnauba Polymer Estate Wax, but I really hope to try it soon
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Simple - I bought a black car.

Sent from my iPad using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

I've always taken good care of my vehicles and just washed them regularly. A few years back I stumbled across Larry Kosilla's early detailing videos and learned everything I did was wrong and a whole new level of obsession opened up to me. Soon after I found detailing forums and communities like this and a new full-blown hobby was born. Hours and hours of reading, watching videos, and studying what others used lead to a cabinet full of products, a garage redone to accommodate better lighting and tools, and friends and neighbors wondering why my 10 year old car looks better than the day it was built. I haven't stopped learning since.

Post Thanks / Like

1993 bought a 1978 Ford Bronco (65,000 miles), it was a 6" lifted on 38" tire monster.I was a mere 15 yrs of age. It was someone else weekend show truck ( orange and copper, KC lights and a lot of chrome). religiously I washed and waxed, but always hated the swirls...asked a few body guys and started rubbing (blindly I might add). That led to a 66 Buick GS 400 ( My father and I restored), and currently several custom choppers, and a 70 buick GS 455.

I never did the burger flipping, always dealership porter or car care centers (full service carwashes) ect.

What has always drove me to perfection is the tailgate view of a TRUCK...if it is perfect, the rest must be taken care of. I hate looking at or having a swirled tailgate view.

recently ( last year or so), I found auto geek as I wanted to get back to detailing on the side...it has just about become a need to find a commercial building and go full time. I currently have my next 2 months booked with vehicles. I work with a lot of traveling contractors that don't have all necessary to clean nor care for their investments. So, this is where I came in...in the last several months I have had everything from boats, bikes, LIFTED trucks, Lifted Duallys and even 2 boats and a couple European exotics (learning curve, and site info)..I am always trying (offering a slight discount) different products with the explanation of such. to date, no one has been unhappy (most just see the shine and fell the slickness), but I watch closely and also try different techniques and what not.

I even have several loose body panels (various makes) that I do trials, scratch repair and the like.

Post Thanks / Like

Winner has been picked

11. Likes PCDetailer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Drumroll.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast