autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Where are the Marine 31 threads?

I have seen the Marine 31 forum mentioned in a lot of threads here in this forum as being the one to consult regarding gel coat-specific info. However, the Marine 31 forum has only 5 threads in it. Am I missing something? What forum should I read to get info specific to gel coat oxidation, heavier cutting compounds for gel coats, etc.?
    Thanks!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where are the Marine 31 threads?

Coach the Marine31 Boat Detailing Supplies site has a forum page Marine31 Boat Forum

Post Thanks / Like

Not here to bash marine 31 . I bought it for a boat project and had zero results with it ,even tried it on a oxidative rv finish with no luck,and that stuff is not cheap price wise.I got the job done with car care products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Not here to bash marine 31 . I bought it for a boat project and had zero results with it ,even tried it on a oxidative rv finish with no luck,and that stuff is not cheap price wise.I got the job done with car care products.

What Marine 31 products did you not like ?? I have been highly impressed with the whole line.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Steve View Post
    I have seen the Marine 31 forum mentioned in a lot of threads here in this forum as being the one to consult regarding gel coat-specific info. However, the Marine 31 forum has only 5 threads in it. Am I missing something? What forum should I read to get info specific to gel coat oxidation, heavier cutting compounds for gel coats, etc.?
    Thanks!
    Hey Steve, the Marine 31 sub forum is relatively new. The best resource for anything boat detailing related would be our Marine 31 discussion forum - www.marine31online.com

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    I'm surprised to hear this, considering you've been a part of several boat projects with Autogeek and Mike Phillips.

Did you give Mike or anyone else a call?

Pictures: 2000 Baja 232 Boss High Performance Extreme Makeover

Mike Phillips

I have seen the Marine 31 forum mentioned in a lot of threads here in this forum as being the one to consult regarding gel coat-specific info.

However, the Marine 31 forum has only 5 threads in it.
    5 threads? Where you looking? I just clicked over to the Marine 31 boat detailing forum and here are the current stats as of just a few minutes ago...

Members: 415
    Threads: 273
    Top Poster: Mike.Phillips@Marine31 (552)

Am I missing something?
    Maybe just looking in the wrong place. Below is the link to the forums page,

Forum Groups

that's the page that lists groups by topics. For example Boat Detailing 101 is a forum group for general boat detailing questions.

The Marine 31 boat detailing forum is laid out just like the AGO forum, which is laid out just like all forums that use vBulletin software.

What forum should I read to get info specific to gel coat oxidation, heavier cutting compounds for gel coats, etc.?

Thanks!
    That's the right forum as it's all about boat detailing. I answer questions on that forum for boat owners and boat detailers and I type out my answers in the same manner I type them out on AGO, that is normally they are in-depth and include pictures, links and videos. I've never been the one-line answer type guy.

You have two other options...

1. Post your questions here,

Boat & RV Detailing

2. Get a copy of my brand new book on boat detailing and read it from cover to cover. I go over pretty much everything in this book related to,

• Painted boat.
    • Gel-coat boats.
    • Aluminum boats.

I also cover working with,

• Rotary buffers
    • Flex 3401
    • Porter Cable
    • Cyclo
    • Rupes
    • The human hand

I break gel-coat boats into 4 categories depending upon the condition of the gel-coat and then go over multiple ways to detail them depending upon the tools you own and how many steps you want to do.

I even show how to do a 4-step restoration process working by hand. I don't know if I've ever seen or read of how to restore severely neglected oxidized gel-coat by hand using a 4-step or even a 3-step process in my entire life.

Hope that helps....

Mike Phillips

What forum should I read to get info specific to gel coat oxidation, heavier cutting compounds for gel coats, etc.?

Thanks!
    Three questions...

1. What are you working on?
    2. What condition is it in?
    3. What is your goal?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    I'm surprised to hear this, considering you've been a part of several boat projects with Autogeek and Mike Phillips.

Did you give Mike or anyone else a call?
    Too Funny

Post Thanks / Like

Was working on a severely faded boat I tried meguairs compound line and 3m products.Purchased the marine 31 compound and polish with no results.I ended up making my own compound and polishes in one bottle and got it done.Some of these big faded jobs I find there isn't a solo product to get it done.I used marine 31 on a jet ski with great results.

Post Thanks / Like

This is off topic, but Mike, the book links to "The Rupes" and "Marine 31 Boat Detailing" in your signature are not working. The others are. Just a heads up.