autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

A big thank you to Mike Phillips

I want to thank Mike Phillips. I was trying to help a friend with his boat. I cleaned the boat and started to use Meguiars Premium Marine Wax. I did not like the way the product looked when I was taking it off. (I work by hand.). So not being close to computer and not having internet on my cell phone. I gave a shout out to Mike.

He was in a meeting but when he came out of his meeting he called me right away. He recommended I use Meguiars Cleaner/Wax. He said it should remove the oxidation which is what I was seeing. He also recommended that working by hand on such a large object to take plenty of breaks. He said that when you start you are all gung ho and have a lot of energy. But by the time you get half way done you lose all that momentum. He also recommended using an old wash cloth to put the product on instead of a foam applicator. Mike said, "It will help with applying the product."

I really appreciate Mike taking the time out of his busy day to help a novice like me. I learned a lot just by talking to him for 5 minutes.

Mike, I will make it up to you some day when I make the trip across to the other side.

I will also try to post some pics but the boat right now is in the shade.

That’s the way race people are. If they think anybody’s got money, we’re all hookers.”
    - Kyle Petty

Mike Phillips

Re: A big thank you to Mike Phillips

Hi Matt,

Always happy to help buddy...

Thanks for the kind words and looking forward to hearing how your boat detailing project turns out...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A big thank you to Mike Phillips

Mike, I really do appreciate your help but I can not get good pics. It really turned out great. You can not tell by the pics. The sun is facing right at you in the morning. In the afternoon it is in the shade. Here are some pics of the boat. My daughter went over and took some. I didn't have time so she did it for me. The freind was really happy he said, "Wow, the water reflects off the boat now."

That’s the way race people are. If they think anybody’s got money, we’re all hookers.”
    - Kyle Petty