autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Summer is here, and so are the Marine Care Products!

Summer is finally here, and if you're fortunate enough to have a boat to take out on the lake, we all know a clean boat equals a happy captain. 3M makes this possible with their extensive line-up of Boat & RV Care Products to keep your boat and RV looking new.

If your boat or RV has a neglected finish that's dull and oxidized, the 3M Marine Cleaner & Wax is an excellent one step solution to restoring the finish and keeping it protected. Easy on, easy off, with months of durable protection.

Now if your boat or RV is heavily oxidized and the surface is real chalky, you may need to use a more aggressive product. With the 3M Marine Restorer & Wax, you don't have to make it a complicated two step system involving a heavy cut cleaner and a separate wax, because it does both! It will effectively restore the dull, chalky finish to like new condition while also leaving down a durable coat of wax.

If you're after a perfect finish that will turn heads, the 3M Ultra Performance Paste Wax will do just that, and more. It's extremely easy to apply and will protect and beautify fiberglass surfaces for months. It will lock in the shine and protect the finish against the harsh elements while you're out on the water enjoying the sun.

To remove the black streaks from fiberglass and to eliminate nasty mildew stains, 3M has a solution for both with their Marine Mildew Strain Remover and Marine Black Streak Remover. Both of these products come in a convenient spray bottle and will effectively remove mildew stains and black streaks on a variety of surfaces.

Before you put the boat in the water, make sure your truck is running its best with the 3M Fuel System Tune-Up Kit. This kit includes everything you need to clean out those dirty fuel injectors, restore power loss, improve fuel economy, and protect the engine against carbon build up.

The kit is very easy to use and requires basic hand tools and a little bit of mechanical knowledge. If you can change an air filter, then you already have what it takes to use this kit.

Mothers has it covered for all of your metal polishing needs with their new PowerBall Mini MD and PowerMetal Scratch Removing Polish. These two products are designed to be used together to effectively remove light scratches in various types of metal surfaces. With the PowerBall Mini MD and the PowerMetal Scratch Removing Polish, you can be sure that all of your metal surfaces will have a brilliant shine.

To maintain the shine and protection use the Mothers Marine Spray Wax. Spray on and buff off for added protection to any high quality marine wax. To keep the vinyl surfaces clean and protected, use the Mothers Marine Vinyl & Rubber Care. This unique formula cleans and protects all marine vinyl surfaces in one quick, easy step.

If you prefer a vinyl protectant in aerosol form, Meguiar's has you covered with their new Vinyl & Plastic Coating. It can be used on exterior and interior plastic and vinyl surfaces to enhance and protect the finish.

Stay up to date with all the latest and greatest products on the What's New at Autogeek page!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Summer is here, and so are the Marine Care Products!

Cool stuff Nick! I wish I had a boat right now. Isn't PBMA comming out with a marine brand pretty soon?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ted S. View Post
    Cool stuff Nick! I wish I had a boat right now. Isn't PBMA comming out with a marine brand pretty soon?
    It's something that we're currently working on. As soon as we have more information, you guys will be the first to know.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad I have a boat now I can try out some of these new Marine products, well actually I might have to sweet talk Nick to try them out on my boat!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    Glad I have a boat now I can try out some of these new Marine products, well actually I might have to sweet talk Nick to try them out on my boat!
    So long as you provide food and a cold beverage, count me in!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    So long as you provide food and a cold beverage, count me in!
    I have all you can drink Nick

My boat awaits testing !!!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    I have all you can drink Nick

My boat awaits testing !!!!
    Sounds great! Maybe Meghan will let me snag a new DeWalt DWP849 to test out.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been eyeing the new 3m marine wax pictured above and link below for my CAR:

Can someone chime in as to whether or not there are abrasives in this wax?

I'm a fan of most 3m lsp's and am really interested in trying this on auto paint.

3M Marine Ultra Performance Paste Wax 09030, paste boat wax, marine wax, fiberglass wax, boat wax
    Rob

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rfinkle2 View Post
    I have been eyeing the new 3m marine wax pictured above and link below for my CAR:

Can someone chime in as to whether or not there are abrasives in this wax?

I'm a fan of most 3m lsp's and am really interested in trying this on auto paint.

3M Marine Ultra Performance Paste Wax 09030, paste boat wax, marine wax, fiberglass wax, boat wax
    That particular wax is non-abrasive. I would recommend using a wax designed specifically for automotive use for your car.

3M Perfect-It Show Car Paste Wax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    That particular wax is non-abrasive. I would recommend using a wax designed specifically for automotive use for your car.

3M Perfect-It Show Car Paste Wax

I have that already! (2 cans)
    Rob