autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Boat Ceramic Reviews - Post Installation

With he recent introduction of marine specific gelcoat ceramic, I am curious to hear from folks that have used them and how they are holding up. I have already seen Mikes posts about his boat detailing classes and his 3D ceramic installation but I would like to hear from other folks on their thoughts from application to durability of some others like:

CarPro Nautik
    Gyeon Q2R

I have used CarPro UK3.0 on a couple of boats and have not had any complaints but neither of those two boats get much use and when they do its freshwater.

If you have experience with any ceramic coating in heavy saltwater use, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boat Ceramic Reviews - Post Installation

Quote Originally Posted by Trevine View Post
    With he recent introduction of marine specific gelcoat ceramic, I am curious to hear from folks that have used them and how they are holding up. I have already seen Mikes posts about his boat detailing classes and his 3D ceramic installation but I would like to hear from other folks on their thoughts from application to durability of some others like:

CarPro Nautik
    Gyeon Q2R

I have used CarPro UK3.0 on a couple of boats and have not had any complaints but neither of those two boats get much use and when they do its freshwater.

If you have experience with any ceramic coating in heavy saltwater use, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    I just met a boat owner who had his 72 viking sporty coated 2 plus years ago with ceramic pro, there was still plenty of coating left on the main house, as well as the hull. Vikings are notorious for having really bad gel.

Does anyone know the durability of the captains coating?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boat Ceramic Reviews - Post Installation

No Hijack at all.

I am looking for any experience I can find regardless of product. I typically prefer carpro products but they seem too proud to sell their Nautik to me.

I had to make a decision so I am going with the Gyeon Q2R gelcoat for this one so we will see but keep the info coming.

Quote Originally Posted by aplus View Post
    I just met a boat owner who had his 72 viking sporty coated 2 plus years ago with ceramic pro, there was still plenty of coating left on the main house, as well as the hull. Vikings are notorious for having really bad gel.

Does anyone know the durability of the captains coating?