autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pricing question!? Need help!

Quote Originally Posted by comicartist27 View Post
    I provide my services in panama city Florida and surrounding areas. I was thinking the hourly rate but thought it may scare people off... I don't want to charge to high and scare them off but i don't want to charge so cheap either, I put a lot of hard work and passion into these boats and make them look brand new if not better. Reason I'm even asking is my last client said he felt that I undercharged and gave me a 100 tip lmao. I've also have been told I've been the only detailer around who would even touch dark colors so I'm assuming not a lot of detailers here know much or just don't want to do it? I just want my clients happy, but at the same time I feel like I should charge more. Just having a pricing issue lol I didn't know if charging by foot only was a mistake...
    Got to get hourly on boats.Otherwise you will loose.Depends on the market.Heck you can get 400.00 per car if you market yourself correctly and you will be able to walk at 43 years old.Boats suck and especially when in the water on a lift.They only go on one way.Lost a 400.00 flex from a idiot owner who didn't put the boat on right.And the dingy thing is impossible to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I believe I'll be charging hourly from now on lol. I do auto as well, but most are more in demand here in Florida where I'm at anyways. Majority of my business is boats and RVs. I get some automobiles every so often. But hell I was charging cheap on auto to. I'm DEFINITLY going higher. I was just trying to be fair and honestly didn't quite know what other detailers were charging. I thought I was higher than competition I believe I'm wrong lmao. Appreciate all the replies guys! Thanks for all the info and help!

Post Thanks / Like

I just did my first boat. Charged 300. It took 6 hours of non stop work and I tore up the guts on my Flex 3401. When I told the guy the price he said "are you sure? Is that enough?" I mean what can you say at that point??
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

Post Thanks / Like

Lol. Their a pain in the ass but I love it lol. Boats are my favorite thing to do. Their more challenging and when your done they look beautiful!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't Touch a boat for under 60a Foot. If It's trashed i'll charge More. Boat People Know exactly What their In for when They call us. Don't sell yourself short.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12