autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire Crystal Seal

When applying BF Crystal Seal, besides the blue applicator pad that came with it, what else can one use to apply the product? The pad that came with it is worn out, so I am looking for a good alternative. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marczem View Post
    When applying BF Crystal Seal, besides the blue applicator pad that came with it, what else can one use to apply the product? The pad that came with it is worn out, so I am looking for a good alternative. Thanks.

The blue pad it comes with is a microfiber applicator pad - I have not had good results using other items. However, in reality, the applicator is just a short weave MF towel over a sponge. If you wanted to take a normal foam applicator and wrap it in a microfiber towel you accomplish the same thing.

However, I would not recommend a foam applicator without the MF wrap - it is more apt to mar the paint

Post Thanks / Like

You can get more here: Cruise Autogeek's collection of carefully selected applicator pads, brushes, & microfiber tools! wheel brush, tire brush, duster, pad, microfiber,

Or try Ultima Autospa Microfiber Applicator, applicator pad (default applicator for UPGP) or Extra Large Microfiber Applicator Pad.
    2011 Toyota Camry SE - Magnetic Gray Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

I use the original pads that came with it wrapped with a simliar short-nap virgin, new/never used MF Towel and had perfect results. No matter how I wash or clean them, using a non-virgin towel doesn't seem to work and leaves streaks that need buffed off. Not a big deal really but still.

Hope that helps.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I just applied the BFCS on my impreza and it looks wonderful! Could I use meguiars premium quik wax in between washes for maintenance? Or do I have to stick with a BF product Wet Diamond Polymer Spray?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by awdftw View Post
    I just applied the BFCS on my impreza and it looks wonderful! Could I use meguiars premium quik wax in between washes for maintenance? Or do I have to stick with a BF product Wet Diamond Polymer Spray?
    Personally I would and do stick with BFCS. Works great and protects very well.
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by awdftw View Post
    I would stick with the Polymer spray. It is really good and the product like other BF products a little goes a long way. I find it the perfect companion to maintaining crystal seal. It contains the same polymers as the CS so it keeps it topped off and looking sharp. I use it every other wash and the CS is going strong.

Post Thanks / Like

So my normal maintenance is a RW followed up with a drying with D156. Would the D156 not be necessary or not work well with the crystal seal?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parshooter View Post
    So my normal maintenance is a RW followed up with a drying with D156. Would the D156 not be necessary or not work well with the crystal seal?
    won't be necessary. I use Crystal Seal on my Black Vehicles at least once per month. Perhaps overkill but that's the Autogeek in me

Post Thanks / Like

D156 or UQW makes all LSPs look better and I'd never stop using either if that's what you have used before
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast