autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire Pro Black Edition - First Timer's Experience

Quote Originally Posted by KevinWarren View Post
    So here's some pictures. These are 2 months after application of BLACKFIRE PRO BLACK edition. I did notice an additional high spot on the side of the bed that I'll have to fix. Posting here so that if anybody's curious as to what a high spot can look like, here's one example.
    I have not topped it.

I contact washed the truck today for the first time since coating. I noticed the hood had a couple spots that seems to not bead as well but after washing, they went away and the truck is beading super good and I could feel the slickness when drying. The hood and the roof collected the most dust (though not much for Oklahoma) so I figure the coating was just contaminated and needed a good cleaning.

Still very happy.

Attachment 74309
    Attachment 74310
    Attachment 74300
    Attachment 74301
    Attachment 74302
    Attachment 74303
    Attachment 74304

Here's a picture of a high spot I'll need to fix
    Attachment 74305
    Beading pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Beading picture 2.5 months after application.

This is during a light rain shower. The truck was pretty dusty before the rain. After about 30 minutes of rain, I used ONR on the truck while it was raining and let the rain do the rinsing.

Truck last washed before today was about 3 weeks ago. It mostly sat in the driveway in full sun collecting dust but did see 3 days of 20 minute commute while I was working on my wife's car. This was the first rain in those 3 weeks. Truck had a few bugs but was mostly super dusty on the hood and roof. Rain washed the grit away and I used ONR very lightly while it was sprinkling to get the sticky stuff and let the heavier rain do the rinsing for me.

Blackfire Pro Black Edition - First Timer's Experience-20210930_094551_hdr-jpg

3. Likes crg001, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Truck looks amazing!

When it comes to toppers, I've had a really nice time with Griot's Ceramic Speed Shine on top of an older coating. It's super slick and doesn't streak as much as some other products, and is much lighter than the 3-in-1.
    Colin Lang
    @DimensionalShine <- My Detailing IG Page

5. Thanks KevinWarren thanked for this post
    Likes KevinWarren liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I appreciate that. I'll check it out. I haven't topped the truck yet. I did put Griots 3=in-1 on the wifes car a couple weeks ago so I could do a side by side. I hadn't considered speed shine. May be a good compromise that lets me top the truck but with something as you say, lighter.

I kind of like the idea of being able to get back to the 'virgin' coating relatively easily. 3-in-1 may be too durable for me

7. Likes crg001 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KevinWarren View Post
    Thanks. I appreciate that. I'll check it out. I haven't topped the truck yet. I did put Griots 3=in-1 on the wifes car a couple weeks ago so I could do a side by side. I hadn't considered speed shine. May be a good compromise that lets me top the truck but with something as you say, lighter.

I kind of like the idea of being able to get back to the 'virgin' coating relatively easily. 3-in-1 may be too durable for me
    3-1 works fine as a topper and i found that it didn’t affect water behavior. Try it on a panel to see what you think, i think you’ll like it.

Polymers in these types of products are design to cross link to paint. Coatings are design to keep things from adhering to paint. It won’t be as durable as it would be on paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12