autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

BLACKFIRE Pro Ceramic Paint Coating Black Edition

Is this only for use on black vehicles are can it be used on lighter color vehicles also? I guess another question I have is can this be used on rims or is there something that is better than this for rims?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: BLACKFIRE Pro Ceramic Paint Coating Black Edition

It is a product you can use on any color of paint. I think "Black Edition" was added to the name to indicate it is more "special" than the other coating. I think Mike Phillips has a review of it here from when the product was first released.

For coating wheels, I think it would depend on the surface of the wheels themselves. I can't speak to powder coated or raw polished aluminum/alloy wheels, but I know I've used several paint coatings on OEM and aftermarket painted wheels with success.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire Pro Ceramic Paint Coating Black Edition can be applied to any color vehicle. The "Black Edition" coating is a professional 5 year coating.

This coating can be applied to wheels/rims. It's much easier removing the wheels from the vehicle, so you can properly prep the surface and apply the coating front & back.

BLACKFIRE Pro Ceramic Paint Coating Black Edition

Review & How-To: BLACKFIRE Pro Ceramic Paint Coating Black Edition
    Review & How-To: BLACKFIRE Pro Ceramic Paint Coating Black Edition

Post Thanks / Like

The BLACK EDITION works amazing on wheels! 3 layers put down on these

BLACKFIRE Pro Ceramic Paint Coating Black Edition-bfwheel-jpg BLACKFIRE Pro Ceramic Paint Coating Black Edition-bfwheel2-2-jpgBLACKFIRE Pro Ceramic Paint Coating Black Edition-bfwheel3-2-jpg
    Autogeek R&D
    andre@autogeek.net

5. Likes fly07sti liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I used it on a red truck and it came out great!

BLACKFIRE Pro Ceramic Paint Coating Black Edition-20210905_082433_hdr-jpg
    BLACKFIRE Pro Ceramic Paint Coating Black Edition-20210905_082504_hdr-1-jpg

7. Likes SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

OK. Important question (for me at least). i just tried the Blackfire Pro Ceramic Black Edition on my brand new Arctic Blue Metallic BMW M440i convertible. I used the Blackfire paint prep first and used and the applicator that Mike Phillips used in this video on how to ceramic coat your car (How to apply a ceramic coating to your car - BLACKFIRE Pro Ceramic Paint Coating Black Edition - YouTube). It was very clean - I had a cleaned it with Pinnacle waterless wash prior to starting the coating process. For a first try, I did half of the trunk lid, waited a couple of minutes, and wiped it off (I didn't really see the beading that is in the video). I then ran a new blue plush microfiber towel over the trunk lid and there was much more drag on the coated side than on the other and it really didn't look any better - just the opposite of what I would expect. What's going on?? Help!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LarryS View Post
    OK. Important question (for me at least). i just tried the Blackfire Pro Ceramic Black Edition on my brand new Arctic Blue Metallic BMW M440i convertible. I used the Blackfire paint prep first and used and the applicator that Mike Phillips used in this video on how to ceramic coat your car (How to apply a ceramic coating to your car - BLACKFIRE Pro Ceramic Paint Coating Black Edition - YouTube). It was very clean - I had a cleaned it with Pinnacle waterless wash prior to starting the coating process. For a first try, I did half of the trunk lid, waited a couple of minutes, and wiped it off (I didn't really see the beading that is in the video). I then ran a new blue plush microfiber towel over the trunk lid and there was much more drag on the coated side than on the other and it really didn't look any better - just the opposite of what I would expect. What's going on?? Help!!
    I don't have experience with this particular coating, but others like it. With some of these high-solids coatings, the surface finish actually ends up being "grabby" or "grippy" instead of super slick, especially during the curing period. It doesn't affect much other than feel however. After 24-48 hours, there should be a bit of a smoother feel to it and the gloss should also increase. If you want a bit more of that slick feeling, you can top it off with any of the ceramic detailer type products after the coating has fully cured.
    Colin Lang
    @DimensionalShine <- My Detailing IG Page

Post Thanks / Like

How long after you applied the coating did you notice it being grabby?

Like mentioned above the coatings will take 24-ish hours to do their immediate curing and some will continue to cure for several weeks afterwards. If you go back to feel the surface immediately after buffing it off it will be very grabby since it has only just started curing. Not like a sealant or wax where you can feel a difference immediately after buffing out.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LarryS View Post
    I have used this coating. The sweating effect is subtle compared to something like Gyeon Mohs Evo and Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light. You may miss it if you look away. It also depends on the temperature and humidity. Also if the coating was applied thin when cross hatching.

This coating is not slick if that is what you are looking for. It has the typical coating tacky feel to it.

You mention you use the pinnacle waterless wash. Did you panel wipe after using the waterless wash? You could be feeling the left over residue from the waterless wash if you did not use the panel wipe prior to applying the coating.