autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire pro ceramic

Good Afternoon..

I need some advice/help.. I used Blackfire pro ceramic to ceramic coat my mom's car and starting on my car.. There are streaks left over on the cars like I missed buffing them off. .however I did buff the the area.. not sure if the coating flashed off too fast or if something else happened..

Any advice would be appreciated... On mom's car I coated a section then immediately wiped it off to avoid the streaks that just wont come off.. Id did the same on mine but still have streaks that look like I missed buffing wax off(and no its not wax) I am in Louisiana and its hot and humid..

Thanks
    Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire pro ceramic

You are going to have to polish and re-coat. Those are high spots from not wiping off completely or waiting too long to wipe.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks but the coating is supposed to have a 5 min working time correct and bead up when its ready to be buffed off according to the video but it wasn’t even on there 30 seconds. I did an small cross hatch then buffed right off.

Post Thanks / Like

How old is your coating bottle? An old bottle will cure much faster and give you less time to level.
    Bruno Soares

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s about 7-9 months old. I just bought a new bottle and will use that on the rest of my car and see if that makes a difference. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I have noticed the same with flash time and noticed Depending on the air temperature and humidity it flashes differently. Most of the time it was 45 seconds to 1.5 minutes, no longer or high spots form ( on a fresh bottle). I now start off by timing the flash time on a small panel. I always, wash, clay, lightly polish, paint prep spray to remove residual stuff ( oils, waxes,etc)
    2022 Carrera S & Honda CRV Hybrid
    2015 Lexus IS 350, 2016 Ford F-150
    Cobalt 242 (8.1 L block, Volvo outdrive)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by turboboiti View Post
    Thanks but the coating is supposed to have a 5 min working time correct and bead up when its ready to be buffed off according to the video but it wasn’t even on there 30 seconds. I did an small cross hatch then buffed right off.
    Temperature and humidity can have the flash time behave differently. I used it as well and saw very little sweat effect of it.

How many towels did you use? And what type?

Proper lighting is key.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s hot and humid here in New Orleans.. the air is almost soup its got so much humidity.. I may sweet talk friends into letting me use their garage that has a window ac unit to finish coating my car and the new one we have coming.. :-)

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I used very soft microfiber towels that aren’t from the big packs Ive seen. I figured those weren’t as soft than the ones I had picked up to use.. I was doing small areas at a time trying to ensure I could see everything with a small led flashlight..shrug.. I am hoping its just the remaining of the bottle that was old was the issue.. crossing fingers.. I just wanted to get my car’s front coated at least for our trip this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

I typically use the Edgeless green polishing towels (cobra) or similar , and typically 1 per panel, folded twice so always flipping towel side ( about10, that get thrown in a bucket of water as I go). And as mentioned proper light, so important. I always coat in a garage and leave inside to manufacturers recommendation
    2022 Carrera S & Honda CRV Hybrid
    2015 Lexus IS 350, 2016 Ford F-150
    Cobalt 242 (8.1 L block, Volvo outdrive)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast