autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire One Step Longevity

I applied Blackfire One Step yesterday to my F-150. Wanted to get some protection on the paint for our Upcoming Indiana winter.

I used the synthetic clay towel with Sonax Glass Cleaner as my lubricant. Works really good as a dual purpose product. It lubrucates and also cleans the paint as your removing bonded contamiinates.

I only used Blackfire one step. No topper. The truck sits outside 24/7....365.

What length of time can I expect for the product to maintain beading and protection? It will be too cold outside to apply a booster after washes.

Craig

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire One Step Longevity

You will get about 2 months going into the winter. Try a spray sealant if you can. TW hybrid spray ceramic will be a good economical choice, that gives you the protection you need

Post Thanks / Like

I just did One Step on my 2016 F150 back in Sept but topped it with Colinite 476. Looking fie
    2022 Carrera S & Honda CRV Hybrid
    2015 Lexus IS 350, 2016 Ford F-150
    Cobalt 242 (8.1 L block, Volvo outdrive)

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigv View Post
    I applied Blackfire One Step yesterday to my F-150. Wanted to get some protection on the paint for our Upcoming Indiana winter.

I used the synthetic clay towel with Sonax Glass Cleaner as my lubricant. Works really good as a dual purpose product. It lubrucates and also cleans the paint as your removing bonded contamiinates.

I only used Blackfire one step. No topper. The truck sits outside 24/7....365.

What length of time can I expect for the product to maintain beading and protection? It will be too cold outside to apply a booster after washes.

Craig
    Did you apply the blackfire like a wax or did you actually buff the car out with it on a machine? Idk if it will last a whole winter but you can definitely top it at some point if you really want to. All you need is a temp above 32 for a couple hours. That's easy if you watch the weather. I'm in new england and I washed my car every week through 2 winters only having to skip 2 weeks in 2 years because of temperature. And that was weekends only.

It easily gets over 32 plenty of times in the mid day even in January February. My only recommendation is to fill the wash buckets with warm water. I learned that one the hard way

Mike Phillips

Most one-steps last about 3 months DEPENDING on how the paint is touched i.e. how it's touched when it's washed, dried or wiped.

Also, it's normally the horizontal surfaces where any brand of wax, sealant and even coating wears the fastest. Anytime you wash and dry the truck, (or cars), simply fire-up your polisher and buzz over the horizontal surfaces. BLACKFIRE is so easy to use and wipe-off it makes it easy to use for regular maintenance.

7. Likes eevilweevil liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I buffed the truck with a Griots G15 and a 5” ORANGE polishing pad. 1 inch per second arm speed and around 4 section passes. Dam it looked good!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd top it with something Craig.

As Marky said above, 476 will do wonders & it is my go-to.

But there are literally a hundred+ options.

Any good LSP sold here on AG would be better than relying on an AIO as a stand-alone.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

10. Likes Rsurfer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been nine days since I started this thread. It's a nice 50 degree day here in Indy so it is my last chance to get a topper on the F-150 before winter.

I decide to try Griot's new ceramic spray and see how it does. It became available to the buying public today. I have the luxury of being 20 minutes from Griot's product R&D/packaging/warehouse/shipping facilities on the west side of Indy. After buying the Ceramic 3 in 1 spray I came home and proceeded to apply it. I had wash the vehicle that morning so it was off to the races getting it laid down.

When you spray the product on the panel it stays in place. It does not instantly run down the panel. A good thing.

I use the two towel method. I use a short nap microfiber to spread the product all over the panel and then a medium nap edgeless towel to buff to a shine. No real issues doing it. You can see a haziness on the paint from the product being applied which told me I had good coverage.

Wipe off and buffing reminded me of Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer. A little grabby but not as grabby as BSD. The overall removal experience was good. No unusually difficult process. Pretty staight forward.

The panels were not crazy slick to the touch but more like "butter smooth". Prolly not much silicone in the recipe. I like that. I am into appearance or look and protection and longevity.

My vehicle is white so making the paint dazzle is very difficult. I would say that results are very good. The paint is quite sparklingly. Noticeably more shine than when I began the process.

So far I am pleased. I am going to use it as a booster so if I can get around 3 months out of it I will be happy.

12. Thanks Thomkirby, Diner thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I easily get 3 months of durability out of the Blackfire One Step by itself here in South Florida. I like topping the Blackfire One Step with the new Blackfire BlackICE Hybrid Liquid Wax. It's an awesome combo.

BLACKFIRE One Step, BLACKFIRE Total Polish & Seal, polish and wax, cleaner wax, car polish
    BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Liquid Wax

14. Likes craigv liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markymapo View Post
    I just did One Step on my 2016 F150 back in Sept but topped it with Colinite 476. Looking fie
    That is the plan with Pop's 2010 Toyota Yaris. That car loves Collinite! I may try the powerlock=/845 combo on it.