autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire one step

How easy does it go on and off by hand? Does it stain plastic trim? Is it suitable for a new car?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire one step

Multiple threads on the same topic. Please keep questions streamlined to one thread...

BTW, welcome to AutoGeekOnline!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tim500 View Post
    How easy does it go on and off by hand? Does it stain plastic trim? Is it suitable for a new car?
    easy...provided the application is thin

no

I would say yes

Mike Phillips

Here's some info that I hope will clarify your decsioon as to what wax to get

A cleaner/wax, at least a high quality cleaner wax will do three things in one step. It will,

Compound
    Polish
    Wax

A NON-cleaning wax will only coat over the paint and leave behind protection.

So if you have paint that LOOKS great to your eyes in good light then use a non-cleaning wax or sealant.

If you see swirls, scratches water spots or oxidation the use a cleaner/wax.

Also - when using a non-cleaning wax you simply glide the product over the paint to leave a THIN layer and then remove.

To PROPERLY use a cleaner/wax YOU must provide the muscle and work the product over the surface in order for the abrasives and cleaners to so something i.e. something = remove defects to make the paint LOOK better.

Make sense?

I think I have about a half dozen articles on these topics and can share if you request.

Post Thanks / Like

Great information. How about Pinnacle black label using 2 steps polish then sealant vs Blackfire all in one? Any benefit to Pinnacle? Does the condition of the paint matter, i.e. does the polish vs the all in one clean up swirl marks as well?

Post Thanks / Like

I think I responded in one of the other threads: PBL Sealant will last 2x long at least, for double the effort (2 step polish and seal you mention). BF One Step has good abrasives and it’s hard to say whether your dedicated polish would correct better depending on paint condition and polish used. Let’s assume the dedicated polish and BF One Step correct the same if you maximize either one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I think I responded in one of the other threads: PBL Sealant will last 2x long at least, for double the effort (2 step polish and seal you mention). BF One Step has good abrasives and it’s hard to say whether your dedicated polish would correct better depending on paint condition and polish used. Let’s assume the dedicated polish and BF One Step correct the same if you maximize either one.
    Thank-you for the response. Would BF all in one protect enough for Souther Florida, with 2-3 applications a year and BF sealant spray in between. I would like to avoid two steps.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank-you for the response. Would BF all in one protect enough for Souther Florida, with 2-3 applications a year and BF sealant spray in between. I would like to avoid two steps.
    Mike P is in Southern FL and I believe he has seen 3 months out of it from a car he applied to. Using the spray Sealant inbetween could certainly extend that if you touch the car in the right way.

You could really-apply with a non-aggressive pad whenever you see degraded performance, or you could use a finishing Sealant at that time since the car probably doesn’t need to be polished so often.

Post Thanks / Like

don't most sealants like pinnacle black label require polishing first so they adhere to the paint?

Post Thanks / Like

don't most sealants like pinnacle black label require polishing first so they adhere to the paint?
    Yes, above I thought we were talking about BF One Step. PBL Sealant is best when put on a decon’d, polished surface, but it’s not extremely finicky and I’ve had it last 6 months on 1 year old paint that had never been polished or decon’d.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast