autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire one step

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    About water spots...my experience is there are water spots and then there are WATER SPOTS. I too loved BF One Step and have had great success with removing water spots with an orange LC CCS pad. It also excels at glossing paint...I love it. However, I just had a massive F250 jacked up to the sky, in dark brown and was covered in WATER SPOTS. BF One Step did not have enough bite to remove them, and I wasn’t upset about that, after all it’s an AIO. Had to use MC37 Aggressive cut compound and Griots Correcting Cream (see Show and Shine section from May).

But I don’t know of any AIO that would have taken down these WATER SPOTS. BF One Step is a great product and did a really good job at removing swirl marks with slow passes on yellow and orange pads.

ScottH
    Thank you for the great response. How does hd fast compare to bf with swirl marks?

Post Thanks / Like

what I don't understand is how I got water spots on my paint. I had used BF all in one and wash weekly. All I can think of is water got on it and the sun baked it in.

Post Thanks / Like

Tim I don’t use HD Speed so I can’t say. I predominately use BF One Step, MCKees 360 and Griot’s Finishing Sealant as my AIO’s. I would say BF has the most cut of the three. 360 is hard to beat for durability as I have seen it last 9 months on a friend’s car that is absolutely neglected. Next time I do his car I will use BF One Step because his car is an excellent ‘test bed’ for durability. It is washed ONCE a year ... when it comes to my place. Griot’s Finishing Sealant has the least cut of the three but is an absolute pleasure to work with. Endless working time, smells great and leaves a brilliant shine. It also has the least durability of the three, but I slouch in this department either. You can’t go wrong with any of these 3 IMHO.

ScottH

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tim500 View Post
    what I don't understand is how I got water spots on my paint. I had used BF all in one and wash weekly. All I can think of is water got on it and the sun baked it in.
    Tim what color is the car? Were your water spots true water spots or dirt that formed around water beads and dried (those come off easy)

ScottH

Post Thanks / Like

black car. I think they are water spots. they weren't there last week and I noticed them after I washed my car this week. I read that Chemical Guys VSS Swirl and Scratch Remover is good for removing water spots, is that true?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tim500 View Post
    black car. I think they are water spots. they weren't there last week and I noticed them after I washed my car this week. I read that Chemical Guys VSS Swirl and Scratch Remover is good for removing water spots, is that true?
    Most any abrasive containing polish will remove water spots. Try removing first with a non-abrasive cleaner to save your clear coat.

Post Thanks / Like

can water spots be removed by hand or does it need to be done with a buffer?

Post Thanks / Like

Tim depends how long they have been there. Fresh water spots can be removed by hand - McKees has a product called Water Spot Remover. I use it and it works and from the smell of it - it contains vinegar and no abrasives - which as someone rightly said above should be your first method. If that doesn’t work, yes you can try a product with mild abrasives like an AIO. Although not their primary intended application, I have removed spots using a fine glaze and jeweling wax.

As with removal of any defects - start mild and get more aggressive as necessary

ScottH

9. Likes Thomkirby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally got it out with machine buffing. I have owned and waxed cars for over 20 years and never had water spots stain my cars. I have used liquid glass to Meguiars. I am starting to think that Blackfire just doesn't provide the protection.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345