autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire one step

how soon after applying Blackfire all in one can I happy bf sio2?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tim500 View Post
    how soon after applying Blackfire all in one can I happy bf sio2?
    Probably immediately, but an educated-sounding answer is 2-12 hours I would guess if it has the same polymers as BF sealant, which I think it does. Something like 90% of cross linking is done by 2 hours, and the remaining last bit will be done by 10 (I had this question long ago about wet diamond polymer cure times).

Post Thanks / Like

How much more correction does bf paint cleaner have than bf all in one?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tim500 View Post
    How much more correction does bf paint cleaner have than bf all in one?
    None. The paint cleaner doesn’t have abrasives. It only deep cleans the paint with chemicals, and fills some with the oils.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    None. The paint cleaner doesn’t have abrasives. It only deep cleans the paint with chemicals, and fills some with the oils.
    Will the oils fill in rock chips?

Post Thanks / Like

No, but you can build touch up paint in the rock chip hole high enough to be above the paint's surface, then sand smooth, and then compound/polish/seal. There's videos on YT re this method.
    I saw suggested was a polisher. I would just go ahead and invest in one, especially if you plan to take care of your car. It's not difficult, and your arm, shoulder, lower back, and right between your shoulder blades will thank you.
    Rock chips are easily fixed when you have a buffer and some supplies.
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09

Post Thanks / Like

how does one step compare to HD Speed All in One for removing swirl marks and water spots?

Post Thanks / Like

I cannot comment on HD Speed since I've never used it but I'm a Raving Fan of One Step. I completed my Black Pearl Acura (very soft clear coat) a few weeks ago that had significant marring from a previous product as well as plenty of swirls...it came out magnificent.

I also just finished my wife's White BMW X3 (Med-hard clear) that seemed liked it lived in the "tunnel of swirls", I knocked out about 80-90% of the swirls, I couldn't get the deeper scratches since I'm pretty new at detailing and I probably didn't have the talent and correct pads to go after the deeper scratches, probably needed MF pads and I'm not to that level yet. I'll be posting pics of her car this weekend if I have time.

As for the water marks, my Acura had tons of them on the hood and trunk lid, One Step eliminated all of them. The previous product didn't touch them at all on the previous try and it was a fairly aggressive product from what I've been told, that why I went back a week or two later to try to knock them out but instead marred the entire car!

Again, I'm a self admitted One Step cheerleader and never used HD Speed, but you won't go wrong using One Step.

Jay

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app

9. Likes ScottH liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have bf all in one and like it but need more correction due to water spots. Is hd speed more aggressive?

Post Thanks / Like

About water spots...my experience is there are water spots and then there are WATER SPOTS. I too loved BF One Step and have had great success with removing water spots with an orange LC CCS pad. It also excels at glossing paint...I love it. However, I just had a massive F250 jacked up to the sky, in dark brown and was covered in WATER SPOTS. BF One Step did not have enough bite to remove them, and I wasn’t upset about that, after all it’s an AIO. Had to use MC37 Aggressive cut compound and Griots Correcting Cream (see Show and Shine section from May).

But I don’t know of any AIO that would have taken down these WATER SPOTS. BF One Step is a great product and did a really good job at removing swirl marks with slow passes on yellow and orange pads.

ScottH

12. Thanks seanktm thanked for this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast