autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire one step

what would be better BF one step and BF SiO2 Spray vs PBL sealant?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tim500 View Post
    what would be better BF one step and BF SiO2 Spray vs PBL sealant?
    You’re asking some difficult questions given I can’t see your paint or know your preferred amount of effort and results... but I’ll take my best shot using assumptions from your earlier posts in case it is helpful in any way:

You’re a new member to this forum, I’m guessing this may be your first foray into these types/qualities of products. I think your vehicle is in decent shape based on another thread, but not brand new or perfect.

I think the route of BF combo is best for beginning. It’s less effort than a detailed two step. Do the One Step with orange or white pads. I’m sure the resulting surface will please you, even though there may be some swirls that you are OK with. Top every month or two with SiO2 Spray. Note in my early post to you I assumed you were talking about BF Synthetic Spray (non-SiO2). The SiO2 Spray will last much longer, it’s synergistic with One Step and will bead and shine lovely. You can keep applying the SiO2 Spray (assuming you like it) after every 2-4 washes/weeks and probably have non-stop protection until 9-12 months when you can decide if you want to re-polish/coat with One Step to refresh the finish.

Or at the time you think the finish needs a refresh and you’re ready to correct with more perfection in mind, this is the time when you can grab the proper swirl remover or finishing polish, do a two step carefully, taking as much time as you need, then seal it with a top notch finishing protection like PBL Sealant, which will last 6 months on its own and is resin-based, so I’m sure BF SiO2 would play well with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    You’re asking some difficult questions given I can’t see your paint or know your preferred amount of effort and results... but I’ll take my best shot using assumptions from your earlier posts in case it is helpful in any way:

You’re a new member to this forum, I’m guessing this may be your first foray into these types/qualities of products. I think your vehicle is in decent shape based on another thread, but not brand new or perfect.

I think the route of BF combo is best for beginning. It’s less effort than a detailed two step. Do the One Step with orange or white pads. I’m sure the resulting surface will please you, even though there may be some swirls that you are OK with. Top every month or two with SiO2 Spray. Note in my early post to you I assumed you were talking about BF Synthetic Spray (non-SiO2). The SiO2 Spray will last much longer, it’s synergistic with One Step and will bead and shine lovely. You can keep applying the SiO2 Spray (assuming you like it) after every 2-4 washes/weeks and probably have non-stop protection until 9-12 months when you can decide if you want to re-polish/coat with One Step to refresh the finish.

Or at the time you think the finish needs a refresh and you’re ready to correct with more perfection in mind, this is the time when you can grab the proper swirl remover or finishing polish, do a two step carefully, taking as much time as you need, then seal it with a top notch finishing protection like PBL Sealant, which will last 6 months on its own and is resin-based, so I’m sure BF SiO2 would play well with it.
    Thank you for the response and attention to detail that you put in it applying your knowledge to my situation. I appreciate it. I was looking for an easy product with fewest steps. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Great product but applying it (or any abrasive) by hand is just not worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was easy to apply by hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tim500 View Post
    I thought it was easy to apply by hand.
    Applying an AIO by hand can be tough, but if you only want it to do some basic paint cleaning and not correction, it’s doable.

Post Thanks / Like

How can it be tough? Please explain? Hard to remove? I have used AIO that were hard to get off.

Post Thanks / Like

Not hard to get off, but an AIO is at its best when you can work the product awhile so the abrasives can do their thing. Working it by hand is a major workout, but if you just do a quick work in without expecting any correction it should still clean the paint and leave the protection, the pant will look improved I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Tim: Do yourself the biggest favor in the world if you are seriously wanting to correct your paint........

Invest in a machine polisher. Working by hand is not only physically taxing, it also will just not produce anywhere near the results of machine polishing.

I bought my truck brand new, and did it by hand for two years. When I started noticing a few more swirls/spots that would just not go away by hand, I bought the Porter Cable polisher.

After the first 5-10 minutes of using it, I was actually calling myself a dumb a$$ for working by hand for those 2 years.

The investment is well worth it, and something you will have for many, many years.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

are they hard to use? can it damage paint if not done correctly?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast