autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bf spray sealant question

does this provide any protection or is it lost after the next wash or rain?

Post Thanks / Like

In my experience it prolongs the underlying BF polymer sealant or probably any other polymer sealant, gets rid of spots not removed by washing and leaves a shine similar to original base layer. Then every 6-8 months reapply a base layer and not worry about stripping everything down since you're using the same type product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mtndriver View Post
    In my experience it prolongs the underlying BF polymer sealant or probably any other polymer sealant, gets rid of spots not removed by washing and leaves a shine similar to original base layer. Then every 6-8 months reapply a base layer and not worry about stripping everything down since you're using the same type product.
    I have sonus ion as base and don’t know if this will work to prolong the ion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tim500 View Post
    I have sonus ion as base and don’t know if this will work to prolong the ion
    Ultima uses Polycharger in many of their products. If you want to spruce it up or use as a drying aid I would look at the Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate. 1/2oz into a 22oz bottle and fill the rest with destilled water. It's the dilution of waterless wash and QD and clay lube. You can dilute it to a rinseless wash too if you want. Since you have Sonüs ion and one of it's base is just Polycharger I think that it will play great with this. If I'm not wrong I think that Sonüs and Ultima and Four Star has the same owners or share the polycharger technology.

Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate, concentrated waterless auto wash, waterless car wash

Also Ultima Paint Guard Wash is a great car soap with Polycharger in it. I used this when I had Ultima Paint Guard Plus sealant on my car. Awesome lubrication and cleaning ability from it and added a little extra to the UPGP.

Ultima Paint Guard Wash, car shampoo, auto wash shampoo, car soap, lubricating car wash

Don't know if I would ad something extra on the ion sealant. As it's seems to be good on it's own. If you ad a more stout topper that's what the behavior you have then. Don't know how simualar the ion and UPGP is. But when I applyied UPGP I noticed that it was very static. I had the older solvent based Ultima Paint Guard Plus. The newer version is water based and claims to get a little higher gloss from it. And the benefit is when it got water based you can use it as a drying aid and also not so finicky if there is some water droplets or water coming from crevices. Then it's so easy to apply on dry paint which I recommend to use it instead of as a drying aid where you waste a lot more product. It's a true WOWA wipe on walk away product. With their awesome mf applicator sponge you just use a primer spray when you start. Then spray 1 spray per panel and bigger ones you do in 2 sections. I applyied it and when I feeled it where putting on it less I tested a little swipe on a side window to see if it had product left. Back to WOWA and when you have applyied UPGP you don't need to be wipe it off and just walk away to the next section LOL. So this you apply very fast and use very little of product. 4oz get you around 20 coats on a mid sized car. It can be worth to try out when your ion starts to degrade down the road.

Ultima Paint Guard Plus 4oz., paint sealant, liquid wax, car wax, paint sealer

And get some extra of these to apply UPGP and other products that you don't use much of product with and they are very soft and nice to work with. They are worth it.

Ultima Autospa Microfiber Applicator, applicator pad

Here you have the Four Star Ultimate Car Care products which also have Polycharger in some products.

Four Star Ultimate Car Care Products

I used different kind of QDs as toppers on the UPGP without any problems. Sonax BSD was one of them that I had the almost carnuaba glow look from UPGP and the crazy water behavior and self cleaning ability from BSD. Then washed with Paint Guard Plus Schampo and got a nice look and behavior from that combo. So if you want to alter the ion sealant I don't think you will have any problems with a SiO2 topper/sealant or any other topper. If you want to play around with other kind of protection products. I would go with Ultima Waterless Wash Plus as a QD or use as a rinseless wash or waterless wash if you do them. In the beginning of the ion sealant. Then after a while 4-6 months and you see it degrade in the behavior from it. I would play around with products you want to try out.

Sorry for highjacking the thread.

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Ultima uses Polycharger in many of their products. If you want to spruce it up or use as a drying aid I would look at the Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate. 1/2oz into a 22oz bottle and fill the rest with destilled water. It's the dilution of waterless wash and QD and clay lube. You can dilute it to a rinseless wash too if you want. Since you have Sonüs ion and one of it's base is just Polycharger I think that it will play great with this. If I'm not wrong I think that Sonüs and Ultima and Four Star has the same owners or share the polycharger technology.

Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate, concentrated waterless auto wash, waterless car wash

Also Ultima Paint Guard Wash is a great car soap with Polycharger in it. I used this when I had Ultima Paint Guard Plus sealant on my car. Awesome lubrication and cleaning ability from it and added a little extra to the UPGP.

Ultima Paint Guard Wash, car shampoo, auto wash shampoo, car soap, lubricating car wash

Don't know if I would ad something extra on the ion sealant. As it's seems to be good on it's own. If you ad a more stout topper that's what the behavior you have then. Don't know how simualar the ion and UPGP is. But when I applyied UPGP I noticed that it was very static. I had the older solvent based Ultima Paint Guard Plus. The newer version is water based and claims to get a little higher gloss from it. And the benefit is when it got water based you can use it as a drying aid and also not so finicky if there is some water droplets or water coming from crevices. Then it's so easy to apply on dry paint which I recommend to use it instead of as a drying aid where you waste a lot more product. It's a true WOWA wipe on walk away product. With their awesome mf applicator sponge you just use a primer spray when you start. Then spray 1 spray per panel and bigger ones you do in 2 sections. I applyied it and when I feeled it where putting on it less I tested a little swipe on a side window to see if it had product left. Back to WOWA and when you have applyied UPGP you don't need to be wipe it off and just walk away to the next section LOL. So this you apply very fast and use very little of product. 4oz get you around 20 coats on a mid sized car. It can be worth to try out when your ion starts to degrade down the road.

Ultima Paint Guard Plus 4oz., paint sealant, liquid wax, car wax, paint sealer

And get some extra of these to apply UPGP and other products that you don't use much of product with and they are very soft and nice to work with. They are worth it.

Ultima Autospa Microfiber Applicator, applicator pad

Here you have the Four Star Ultimate Car Care products which also have Polycharger in some products.

Four Star Ultimate Car Care Products

I used different kind of QDs as toppers on the UPGP without any problems. Sonax BSD was one of them that I had the almost carnuaba glow look from UPGP and the crazy water behavior and self cleaning ability from BSD. Then washed with Paint Guard Plus Schampo and got a nice look and behavior from that combo. So if you want to alter the ion sealant I don't think you will have any problems with a SiO2 topper/sealant or any other topper. If you want to play around with other kind of protection products. I would go with Ultima Waterless Wash Plus as a QD or use as a rinseless wash or waterless wash if you do them. In the beginning of the ion sealant. Then after a while 4-6 months and you see it degrade in the behavior from it. I would play around with products you want to try out.

Sorry for highjacking the thread.

/ Tony
    Thank you so much I will study your post tonight. Would blackfire synthetic spray wax be bad on top of ion?

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much I will study your post tonight. Would blackfire synthetic spray wax be bad on top of ion?
    It mentions it has Polycharger in it. Wondering if there are different kind of them maybe. Claims to have a lot of the tri-polymer Wet Diamond polymers which they have in some other Blackfire products. Also claims to have so much of them that they do great as a stand alone LSP. Which makes it to sound like strong spray wax. So it would be taking over the behavior from the ion sealant you have on your car now. And if you are prepared to alter the ion sealants behavior and looks it would'nt be any problems with the Blackfire Synthetic Spray Wax I think. Have no experience with with it. But most kind of these products play well on top of other sealants. There are very rare cases when you get products to not work together.

It's this you thinking of?

BLACKFIRE Deep Gloss Spray Sealant, spray wax, BLACKFIRE Synthetic Spray Wax, BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Polymer Spray

Think it would work good with the Blackfire SiO2 Sealant as well. Test it out on a spot on a side panel or the roof first time. And see how it applyies over the ion and works great and looks as you like.

Is it something that you are not satisfied with the Sonüs Ion?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    It mentions it has Polycharger in it. Wondering if there are different kind of them maybe. Claims to have a lot of the tri-polymer Wet Diamond polymers which they have in some other Blackfire products. Also claims to have so much of them that they do great as a stand alone LSP. Which makes it to sound like strong spray wax. So it would be taking over the behavior from the ion sealant you have on your car now. And if you are prepared to alter the ion sealants behavior and looks it would'nt be any problems with the Blackfire Synthetic Spray Wax I think. Have no experience with with it. But most kind of these products play well on top of other sealants. There are very rare cases when you get products to not work together.

It's this you thinking of?

BLACKFIRE Deep Gloss Spray Sealant, spray wax, BLACKFIRE Synthetic Spray Wax, BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Polymer Spray

Think it would work good with the Blackfire SiO2 Sealant as well. Test it out on a spot on a side panel or the roof first time. And see how it applyies over the ion and works great and looks as you like.

Is it something that you are not satisfied with the Sonüs Ion?
    I like the ion but want a maintenance product after car washing

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know much about Ion but I don't see any mention of SiO2 so assume it is some kind of other polymer coating. If it is SiO2 based I would recommend BF SiO2 Spray if you must top it. It still wouldn't be a bad choice in my opinion, but may not particularly add any synergistic components.

Assuming Ion is not SiO2 based, SWETM might be on to something with using polycharger, as Ion may have this included. I'm in agreement with him thinking that Sonus is in under the same family tree with Ultima and Four Star. Ultima Acrylic Spray Wax is another spray wax with polycharger.

If you don't want to change the Ion properties because you love the beading and gloss, stick with SWETM'S suggestion of using Ultima WW+, or Ultima Acrylic WW, both of which contain polychargers, are both great drying aids, will both add a nice gloss after washing, but neither mess too much with the charcteristics of the Ion. They are also both very economical with their dilution ratios.

9. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the ion but want a maintenance product after car washing
    I would go with Ultima Waterless Wash Plus concentrate and dilute it to QD/waterless wash and do a wipe down with it after the wash. As acuRAS82 mention it will not mess with the ion sealant. The Acrylic version has another kind of protection chemical in it. And though it would maybe not interfear much with the ion. I would start with the regualar UWW+ and after that down the road get something else if you want to experiment with something else.

11. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

^^I agree with SWETM.

13. Likes SWETM liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123