autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire ceramic coatings on Vinyl Stripes and plastic trim.

Hello all,

I am new to this site and forum and have a question on using Blackfire ceramic coating on my vehicles vinyl stripes and plastic trim. I just purchased a 2018 Durango GT (red) and had vinyl stripes put on. Since this car is new and will be kept outside under trees I wanted to ceramic coat it before it got to damaged. I bought the full Blackfire kit and figure on doing this in the next 2 weeks. I would assume that since the vehicle is new that I will just wash, clay, and use the polish included in the kit. I also have a 2004 Mercury Marauder (black) that is in bad need of a compounding, polish and coating. My question is can the ceramic coating be applied to the vinyl stripes and any plastic / rubber trim on either of my vehicles ? Can the coating also be applied to the black painted wheels from the factory ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire ceramic coatings on Vinyl Stripes and plastic trim.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan19063 View Post
    Hello all,

I am new to this site and forum and have a question on using Blackfire ceramic coating on my vehicles vinyl stripes and plastic trim. I just purchased a 2018 Durango GT (red) and had vinyl stripes put on. Since this car is new and will be kept outside under trees I wanted to ceramic coat it before it got to damaged. I bought the full Blackfire kit and figure on doing this in the next 2 weeks. I would assume that since the vehicle is new that I will just wash, clay, and use the polish included in the kit. I also have a 2004 Mercury Marauder (black) that is in bad need of a compounding, polish and coating. My question is can the ceramic coating be applied to the vinyl stripes and any plastic / rubber trim on either of my vehicles ? Can the coating also be applied to the black painted wheels from the factory ?
    Good morning. I find that the piano black not so much but porous they worked good on. Just my experience. And you can coat the stripes but it may alter the color slightly.

I just did this 2019 and simply used a matte sealant on them instead. I'm sure others will chime in as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Autogeekonline mobile app