autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire SiO2 vs Coating Booster

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Some pictures of this would’ve made the post 10x better. It’s not like we all don’t have smartphones.Blackfire SiO2 vs Coating Booster
    Yes, it's perhaps easy for some, but in truth, I do not have a smart phone. I use just a cheap little flip phone, it does have a cam but never use it. But I do have a decent Nikon Digital Camera and could try taking some pics.

All the pics in the world though won't help much unless I get the AGeek folks to personally look into this issue, and can hopefully come up with an explanation.

Could it have been two bad Blackfire Sprayer Heads? Well maybe, but also sort of odd that a brand new Carpro sourced Sprayer Head did the same thing, just took a bit longer to eventually also clog up and cease spraying.

That, and this brown residue I'm seeing in-on the Sprayer Heads, and on the towel.

After doing the truck in this high humidity I was soaking wet with sweat out there this morning, my tolerance to heat and humidity seems to become worse and worse. With so much sweat running into my eyes this morning, they're still burning and bothering me right now at 9pm, like somebody threw acid in them.

All I was thinking about was completing this job at hand ASAP, run for cover somewhere cooler, and then down a bunch of Gatorade

Post Thanks / Like

Update:
    This morning I did a Tire Rotation on the Tahoe.

A couple days ago, I filled a cleaned out brand new LA's Awesome APC Pint Bottle with about 8oz of the Blackfire Coating Booster.

The current Wheels on the Truck were originally coated with Carpro CQuartz DLX in and out about 11 months ago, and I've maintained them ever since with Carpro Reload.

So, today, the wheels and tires were cleaned in and out, Barrels and Faces of the Wheels done with the BF Coating Booster and used Blackfire Multi Surface Protectant on the Tires, diluted 1-1.

And not a clog out of the LA's Sprayer Head, not even a slight hiccup. So, with that said, it does appear that I coincidentally went through 3 bad Sprayer Heads in a row, 2 BF's and 1 Carpro. It wouldn't be the first time I've gotten some faulty Carpro Sprayer Heads, have had it happen before with them.

I've never have had much in the way of BF Products to truthfully comment whether their supplied Sprayer Heads are less than stellar in this regard.

So with that all being said, it appears the BF Coating Booster was not at fault.

And not the first time that I've used BF Multi-Surface Protectant on the Tahoe's BFG All Terrains, it's a really nice product, I've found that it holds up very well, does not wash off, and gives a very nice look.

As for contacting AG about a few bad sprayer heads, I don't think it's worth the hassles to bother these folks over something this minor.

Post Thanks / Like

MarkD, how did you decide on the Booster vs the SiO2 Spray? Just curious.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    MarkD, how did you decide on the Booster vs the SiO2 Spray? Just curious.
    I actually have bought both products and have them both on hand, but I have not yet tried-used the SiO2 Spray just yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Those lata bottles are solid. Right now I'm using one for a IPA mix and another for a bleach mixture I use around the pool

Sent from my Z982 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how, but perhaps the A-Geek Folks read some of my comments, and they contacted me.

And just earlier they sent a shipping confirmation that they're sending me out a few High Output Chemical Resistant Sprayer Heads! That was pretty cool of them to do. Thank you very much!

I can't say how many cruddy Sprayer Heads I've gone through over the years from various products bought from various places. That I've gotten in a habit when using up some home cleaning product-etc, that I many times unscrew the Sprayer Heads, and stash them in a box if they work OK.

I'll give these a try that they're sending me, and if I like them, I'll probably order a bunch of them on my next order.

I still have not yet tried the SiO2 Spray, but looking forward to trying it when I have the chance.

Post Thanks / Like

I used the Coating Booster this weekend and thought I'd add my thoughts to the discussion.

I recieved the Coating Booster in a sample bottle. I didn't suffer any of the application problems with clogging or strange brown particulates. The sprayer on the sample bottle was sub-par, but being a sample bottle I wasn't expecting much. Application outdoors on a overcast summer morning was simple. I applied it both directy to the surface and to a towel to be spread around, and it seemed to work both ways with no streaking.

I have to say I was a little underwhelmed. The product was applied to a clean car wearing McKee's 37 v1 Coating which was applied last fall. I didn't notice any reall difference in gloss or surface feel. This morning, when looking at the water behavior immediatly after a hard rain, I didn't notice any difference from before the coating booster was applied. In short, I'm not sure exactly what the coating booster actually did...if anything at all.

Since I have it on hand, I'll apply it again a couple times before winter hits just to see if it will actually extend the life of the coating, but I'm not sure I'll be able to tell the difference.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

8. Thanks DetailZeus thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    I have the BF SIO2 spray. I am surprised it hasn't gotten more love here. For boosting a coating I've used Cure, Reload, and Quartz Max. I have no need for those anymore. BF SIO2 is so simple. Spray about 3 places on 1/2 the hood, wipe it back / forth & up / down, and it just disappears into the paint. Disclaimer: I'm not a pro, just a weekend detailer of 5 family cars.
    I'm in the same boat, 4 cars and lots of family & friends. Stop by O'Reillys and grab a Viking Monster microfiber pad. Two sprays of BF SI02 to prime it and it works great for a fast and even laydown.

Blackfire SiO2 vs Coating Booster-viking-953100_monster-pad-jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123