autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire SiO2 vs Coating Booster

I've been using BF SIO2 since the beginning of May. Unlike Reload never had an issue with streaking. Just like others can't get it to streak. Spray the microfiber then a spray or two on the panel and wipe away. Flip the microfiber and go over again. Longest I've had it on is about a month and paint still feels slick. So easy to put on that's about how long I can go before I get the urge to reapply. Currently have it on wife's and daughters suvs with no coating underneath. This is one of my favorites so far.

2. Likes acuRAS82, glfnaz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone applying this while the car is still wet? I know it's been suggested that Mckee's 10 min can be applied this way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailZeus View Post
    Anyone applying this while the car is still wet? I know it's been suggested that Mckee's 10 min can be applied this way.
    We got some rain here this week, so I'll be washing a few cars this weekend. I'll try it as a drying aid and post about it.

5. Thanks DetailZeus thanked for this post
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got my chance to use the Blackfire Coating Booster on 5-month-old coated windows. Easy to use, wipe on, wipe off. As others have noted, it has a QD type feel. Not very thick.

It should rain here Monday and Tuesday, so I’ll see if there is any improvement. Windows were still beading good at last rainfall, but maybe slightly reduced from when the coating was applied in February. Either way I’m not sure if there is room for much improvement anyways.

Post Thanks / Like

I used the Blackfire Coating Booster on my White Tahoe earlier. While there's many good things to say, there was a notable difficulty using the product, and fear the product may be defective in some way.

I began on the roof. Not getting even 1/4th of the way through applying, the sprayer head quit with maybe 1/2 dozen sprays. Hell. So back in the house, and grab the other Blackfire Sprayer Head, as I also bought the SiO2 Spray, and continued on. And the same thing happened. After 8-10 sprays at most, that Sprayer Head quit too. Dammit!

So, back in the house again, grabbed a brand new translucent white Sprayer head that came with some Carpro goodie. That worked OK until the very end and that one as well clogged, and stopped working.

What I noted and could see, was a brownish color accumulating inside the Carpro Sprayer Head, and as well on the very Tip of the Sprayer. I wiped the Tip, had to squeeze quite hard a few times, then it freed, and the look of the product on the MF Towel looked like little strands of what looked like little pieces of brown Tobacco. Hmmm, not good.

When I finished, what I did was first again shake the product vigorously, then I poured a few ounces into a clear glass. The appearance looked like basically most run of the mill detailer sprays such as Meguairs in the red bottle, a thin milky white color. But after letting it sit for a period of 30 seconds I did note a slight brownish film at the top of the glass. I did not note any particulates in the product, so this has me stumped as to what's happening?

I tried to salvage the two Blackfire Sprayer Heads in a glass of clear hot water to no avail. I was able to rescue the Carpro Sprayer Head that it worked again properly.

The product appeared to work nicely, left a nice feel, and I did slightly note a little slight haze-clouding on glass and chrome which was quickly removed with another clean dry MF Towel.

The product has a very nice manly smell, like a high end cologne. I thought the product smelled very similar to Michael Kors.

All in all, seems like a nice product, but the clogging of sprayer heads every time I'll go to use this product does have me concerned, and am now wondering if the product is defective in some way?
    I'm sure not liking the idea of needing a slew of Sprayer Heads on hand every time I use this product.

I might call AGeek, and make note of this quality with them soon and see what they say?

8. Thanks Diner, rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    I used the Blackfire Coating Booster on my White Tahoe earlier. While there's many good things to say, there was a notable difficulty using the product, and fear the product may be defective in some way.

I began on the roof. Not getting even 1/4th of the way through applying, the sprayer head quit with maybe 1/2 dozen sprays. Hell. So back in the house, and grab the other Blackfire Sprayer Head, as I also bought the SiO2 Spray, and continued on. And the same thing happened. After 8-10 sprays at most, that Sprayer Head quit too. Dammit!

So, back in the house again, grabbed a brand new translucent white Sprayer head that came with some Carpro goodie. That worked OK until the very end and that one as well clogged, and stopped working.

What I noted and could see, was a brownish color accumulating inside the Carpro Sprayer Head, and as well on the very Tip of the Sprayer. I wiped the Tip, had to squeeze quite hard a few times, then it freed, and the look of the product on the MF Towel looked like little strands of what looked like little pieces of brown Tobacco. Hmmm, not good.

When I finished, what I did was first again shake the product vigorously, then I poured a few ounces into a clear glass. The appearance looked like basically most run of the mill detailer sprays such as Meguairs in the red bottle, a thin milky white color. But after letting it sit for a period of 30 seconds I did note a slight brownish film at the top of the glass. I did not note any particulates in the product, so this has me stumped as to what's happening?

I tried to salvage the two Blackfire Sprayer Heads in a glass of clear hot water to no avail. I was able to rescue the Carpro Sprayer Head that it worked again properly.

The product appeared to work nicely, left a nice feel, and I did slightly note a little slight haze-clouding on glass and chrome which was quickly removed with another clean dry MF Towel.

The product has a very nice manly smell, like a high end cologne. I thought the product smelled very similar to Michael Kors.

All in all, seems like a nice product, but the clogging of sprayer heads every time I'll go to use this product does have me concerned, and am now wondering if the product is defective in some way?
    I'm sure not liking the idea of needing a slew of Sprayer Heads on hand every time I use this product.

I might call AGeek, and make note of this quality with them soon and see what they say?
    I'd contact Nick directly via phone or DM. He might want that bottle of product returned for analysis.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm. I got a large bottle and a sample. I only tried the sample. Perhaps, I’ll reapply tonight with the 32oz bottle to see if it has any similar clogging issues. Thanks for the heads up, MarkD.

Post Thanks / Like

One other odd quality I noted with this product that I didn't mention in my last post is this.

As I then scraped away this brownish stuck on debris from the tip of the Carpro Sprayer Head with my fingernail, and then squeezed like the dickens, it then finally let loose and sprayed once onto the Black MF Towel.

This little "Tobacco Shred like" deposit that was left and was about the size of little brown Ants on the towel did not then dissolve into the towel when I rubbed it, nor was it coming off the towel when using a fingernail to try removing it. It was like stuck to the towel. Hmmm, strange stuff indeed.

I just earlier emailed AGeek with this information I have posted about this product. Hopefully Nick, or another AGeek employee will see my comments here and in email and comment and/or contact me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Hmm. I got a large bottle and a sample. I only tried the sample. Perhaps, I’ll reapply tonight with the 32oz bottle to see if it has any similar clogging issues. Thanks for the heads up, MarkD.
    I was able to put another coat of Booster on my windows with the 32oz bottle. Thankfully, I didn’t have any issues. I used more than would be needed, about 15 or so big sprays, using the sprayer that came with the bottle on Thursday.

I also did not notice the smell until today. Very nice, cologne fragrance. Just as MarkD mentioned.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    One other odd quality I noted with this product that I didn't mention in my last post is this.

As I then scraped away this brownish stuck on debris from the tip of the Carpro Sprayer Head with my fingernail, and then squeezed like the dickens, it then finally let loose and sprayed once onto the Black MF Towel.

This little "Tobacco Shred like" deposit that was left and was about the size of little brown Ants on the towel did not then dissolve into the towel when I rubbed it, nor was it coming off the towel when using a fingernail to try removing it. It was like stuck to the towel. Hmmm, strange stuff indeed.

I just earlier emailed AGeek with this information I have posted about this product. Hopefully Nick, or another AGeek employee will see my comments here and in email and comment and/or contact me
    Some pictures of this would’ve made the post 10x better. It’s not like we all don’t have smartphones.Blackfire SiO2 vs Coating Booster

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast