autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is this a joke? BF Pro APC is $70/gallon?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    You know my Mother use to say, "if you don't have something good to say, don't say anything".
    I agree with him, I cannot imagine it working $70 good, especially since $28 good seems good enough. I have gotten FLAK on here before for talking down product sold on here, or mentioning my positive experiences with other products that aren't. People always say "oh, well that's not sold here so you can't mention it."

I'm sorry, I thought this was a detailing forum, my bad.

If someone wants to spend $70 on that stuff, be my guest. At that dilution ratio though I can't see it working out for anyone, especially a business.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

2. Thanks A5IS thanked for this post
    Likes Flash Gordon, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is an outrage! I can't believe anybody would dare to... oh, wait a sec... I forgot that I could just not choose to buy it. Never mind.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

4. Thanks Marc08EX, Rod73 thanked for this post
    Likes Heisenberg, golliger, grisby, PaulMys, SWETM and 2 others liked this post
    Dislikes Flash Gordon disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    I agree with him, I cannot imagine it working $70 good, especially since $28 good seems good enough. I have gotten FLAK on here before for talking down product sold on here, or mentioning my positive experiences with other products that aren't. People always say "oh, well that's not sold here so you can't mention it."

I'm sorry, I thought this was a detailing forum, my bad.
    People say that because it's literally against the forum rules to promote other products. They're not just trying to rain on your parade or fanboying. This is an Autogeek-sponsored forum so you choose to abide by those rules when you sign up. It's nothing personal. Here is rule numero uno on the forum:

1. The AutogeekOnline discussion forum is exclusively sponsored by Autogeek.com. Product discussion should be limited to products that are available from Autogeek.com and PBMA's family of websites.

Links, videos or recommendations to competing products and companies that are not available through Autogeek.com will be moved to the Moderators forum and offenders will be warned or simply placed into the SELF-BANNED category of member groups on this forum.

6. Dislikes Flash Gordon disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    People say that because it's literally against the forum rules to promote other products. They're not just trying to rain on your parade or fanboying. This is an Autogeek-sponsored forum so you choose to abide by those rules when you sign up. It's nothing personal. Here is rule numero uno on the forum:
    Not to mention autogeek carries a pretty dang huge variety of products, almost anything I've ever decided to get was available from here.

8. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I get the rules but MY goodness...why can't anyone choose to express an opinion (even if it may be ~perceived~ as negative) without fear of being silenced by the Forum Police Troopers?

10. Thanks DBAILEY thanked for this post
    Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post
    I get the rules but MY goodness...why can't anyone choose to express an opinion (even if it may be ~perceived~ as negative) without fear of being silenced by the Forum Police Troopers?
    ^^^this..
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Ran

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post
    I don't think it's the negativity that's the problem. People have been plenty negative about products sold here. I know I have. The problems arise when you get into the "products not sold here" realm.

I think as long as the discussions remain cordial and not offensive in how they express their opinions, yet within the bounds of the TOU, things should carry on without issue.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

13. Likes oneheadlite, Angus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
    I can't imagine an APC being worth $70/gallon.
    I agree with you 100%

I work for one of the largest distributors of Jan San / MRO in the country and The Home Depot bought us two years ago. I have seen every type of cleaner, degreaser, carpet cleaner you name it. It's defintely not rocket science, the chemicals are all the same, the blends etc. I rep the top manufacturers in the country. SC Johnson, Spartan Chemical, Clorox, P & G etc. and regularly work with factory reps. Their is no way in the world I'm paying $70.00 for a gallon of all purpose cleaner. Even diluting that stuff 4-1 it's still pricey and then is it even effective. I sell health care grade disinfectants that are 256-1 and they aren't $70.00 a gallon. Disinfectants cost more to mfg. than apc, degreasers etc. It also doesn't hurt that I see true purchase costs of these types of products too. Say I sell an apc to my customers @ $10.00 per gallon at diltion ratio of 1oz per 32oz water = 32 gallons in use / $10.00 = .3125 per gallon!!

A couple hours ago I was out at St. Pete Beach at some resort properties showing them a new portable dilution control system. They would laugh you off the property if you showed up with an APC and told them it was $70.00 per gallon with a max 4/1 dilution ratio. This one property had 800 rooms and a huge outdoor resort
    property and beach area they maintain every day. They are pros, it's gotta work, be cheap and be user friendly.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

15. Likes PaulMys, Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would gladly pay $70 a gallon for a hyper-concentrated APC/degreaser. If you could diluted 3-4oz per gallon and create an APC that was incredibly effective at that dilution THAT would be worth it IMO. The fact that the recommended dilution is full strength for exterior cleaning and 4:1 for interior cleaning makes it terrible value. I'm pretty certainly curious to see what ingredients were added to the old formula to justify the $15 price jump. Or if it's an entirely new formula all together? Also, while it's still pretty unreal, the list price for the new Blackfire APC is actually $64.99 not $70.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    Also, while it's still pretty unreal, the list price for the new Blackfire APC is actually $64.99 not $70.
    Sale Price: $65.00
    You Save $5.98 (8%)
    Item ID: BF-450128-BTL
    Retail Value: $70.98

So it will jump to 70.98..
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Ran

18. Likes custmsprty liked this post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast