autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Logevity of Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant..

Curious to hear opinions from other users. I recently stopped using the Blackfire Wet Diamond sealant because it seemed after about 2 days or so, the vast majority of the initial shine, gloss and slickness diminished substantially.
    When I first apply it, the shine and slickness is unbelievable! Best of any product I have used. But then after just a couple of days, the shine and slickness are drastically reduced. So disappointing. I don't understand why this is. The surface was well prepped. It's not from washing either as I specifically avoid washing it immediately after applying. It sort of seems as if once it has thoroughly cured, the level of shine and slickness drops off a lot. I'm sure that there is still "protection" left behind, but would like to know if others experience a similar effect.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Logevity of Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant..

I used to get 4-6 months out of BFWD sealant here in NC climate. I have not used it on my own cars if about 2 years.

Post Thanks / Like

I've traditionally been a BF fan, but also WG and UPP fan in terms of sealants. Have been off and on here on the boards, but recently bought a new Granite Metallic Jeep and thought I'd jump back in here, and decided to use BF. Prep'd the car well and applied a couple coats. After a week or so, I was just not real happy with it and went with WG and quite pleased.

Frankly don't know if I messed up the BF install, but the WG is looking and lasting more to my liking. I rarely give the actual layer of sealant much opportunity as with each wash I treat it with it's sealant-spray-spritz. All the products used I have purchased brand new since getting the car, so that isn't the issue.

Again, I could have screwed up the BF install, or maybe not completely objective in my assessment since I cut my teeth, in detailing, with the WG line.

FWIW.

Post Thanks / Like

same issue with Blackfire..it was good initially but slickness was gone after few weeks..Now i use ultimate fast finish super easy and fast application..
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Ran

Post Thanks / Like

So, it seems others have indeed had similar experience. As I previously stated, I am sure that there is some "protection" that last for a while. Also, all products diminish with time and other environmental conditions.

Can anyone explain why there is such a great initial result, but then a sharp drop-off? Better yet, how could we extend the initial shine, gloss and slickness? I have tried boosting with their quick detailer, but it doesn't come close to the initial performance of the sealant? Any advice from Blackfire?

Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. Subscribed! Every time I use it, I top with BFMS so I can not comment on its durability alone. With the combo, 4 months is about tops for durability but I always use it more for the look rather than the durability.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

I was getting about 3 months but that's on a black car in FL. It was garaged at both work and home. Weekly washes and "boosted" with Pinnacle Crystal Mist after every wash.

Post Thanks / Like

My car is all black too. This may have something to do with it being so noticeable.

Post Thanks / Like

While I still love my black paint, especially right after a cut, buff, polish and LSP, I can run over to the mall or take the kids out to lunch and let it sit in the FL sun at high noon for an hour or more and it's incredibally HOT! You'll burn your hand if you touch it. I have to believe that has some affect on LSP durability.

Lovin' the heck out of my coating though.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you Paul. I live in Las Vegas where daytime temperatures in the summer reach 115 in the shade! Add another 12-14 in direct sunlight. I have measured 163 degree surface temp on the hood of my car using a laser device last summer.

While I kind of expect most any Carnuba based wax would not last long at all in such an environment, my hope was that a synthetic "sealant" would fare better.

On the upside, I have had pretty good luck with Blackfire's "BlackICE Montan Sealant Wax". It is pretty pricey, but does seem to perform pretty well particularly on black. My favorite LSP so far!

As we all know, prep is key. A well prepped car topped with BlackICE is the ultimate for me so far!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast