autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

black fire fire over ice application and cure time questions

Hi, I bough the fire over ice product package from black fire. I am trying to figure out how to apply and remove the wet diamond all paint protection which I assume is a sealant.

Do you apply by hand or machine and then wait how long till it dries?

Do you let it sit hazed for a period of time before you buff off?

Or do you wipe it off almost immediately and then let it sit untouched for any specified cure time period like 8 hrs or 12 hrs etc?

Then after cure time apply the wax?

Any help in the procedure and recomendations on doing this would be extremely helpful. Thanks in advance. I searched extensively but it only had bits and pieces of info and conflicting info in most cases.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: black fire fire over ice application and cure time questions

Todd said this 6 years ago at the other forum:

"In most conditions, BFWD should achieve 100% curing in under an hour. However in extreme climates combined with over application it could conceivably take 12-24 hours."

Post Thanks / Like

The sealant is real easy to apply. Just apply wait 10 minutes or so and wipe off. OR if you want to see if the sealant has cured you can do the finger swipe test on the sealant. If it comes off real easy with your finger, the sealant is ready to be removed. IMO you can go to the wax right away (some say wait 1 hour or so) as I have never experienced any issues doing that process. If you want to be extra safe, you could always wait 1 to 6 hours and let the sealant cure. It's an all in the family product IMO no need to do all the waiting, just a reasonable time should do.

As for the WAX (which I believe is Midnight Sun) it is known as a wipe on and wipe off wax or WOWO product. You apply the wax on a panel and then wait about 1 or 2 minutes and wipe off. You are not supposed to let the wax dry like a typical wax. Either way the combo you have are awesome.

I have used many Blackfire Products and IMO they are very top notch and I still use their products today.

You can apply BOTH products by DA or by hand (I prefer DA) and can't go wrong either way.

So I hoped I helped.

1. The sealant you can wait about 10 minutes or if it passes the finger swipe test.
    2. Midnight Sun Paste wax is a WOWO wax. Apply it to a panel, wait about 1 or 2 minutes and Wipe off. Do not let it dry or come to a haze.

When you are finished PICS PLEASE!!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    The sealant is real easy to apply. Just apply wait 10 minutes or so and wipe off. OR if you want to see if the sealant has cured you can do the finger swipe test on the sealant. If it comes off real easy with your finger, the sealant is ready to be removed. IMO you can go to the wax right away (some say wait 1 hour or so) as I have never experienced any issues doing that process. If you want to be extra safe, you could always wait 1 to 6 hours and let the sealant cure. It's an all in the family product IMO no need to do all the waiting, just a reasonable time should do.

As for the WAX (which I believe is Midnight Sun) it is known as a wipe on and wipe off wax or WOWO product. You apply the wax on a panel and then wait about 1 or 2 minutes and wipe off. You are not supposed to let the wax dry like a typical wax. Either way the combo you have are awesome.

I have used many Blackfire Products and IMO they are very top notch and I still use their products today.

You can apply BOTH products by DA or by hand (I prefer DA) and can't go wrong either way.

So I hoped I helped.

1. The sealant you can wait about 10 minutes or if it passes the finger swipe test.
    2. Midnight Sun Paste wax is a WOWO wax. Apply it to a panel, wait about 1 or 2 minutes and Wipe off. Do not let it dry or come to a haze.

I agree, on black plastic trim I think the BF trim and tire sealant is the best out of all the PBMG trim restore products. It darkens the trim up nice. The wolfgang and mckees also do a nice job but I like blackfire the best for trim. I also like the spray they have its great for a quick wipe down.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for the help. The car came out amazing. How do you post pics on here? Can you add them inline with the post or do I need to hotlink them to photobucket or the like?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pzp107 View Post
    Thank you all for the help. The car came out amazing. How do you post pics on here? Can you add them inline with the post or do I need to hotlink them to photobucket or the like?
    https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...r-message.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post

So I hoped I helped.

This is a really good summary on how to work with this combo.