autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

First time car owner

Hey, so im a little late to the game of adulting but i finally own a car. Go me. Any way, i really want to make this car last, the paint is in great condition but winter is around the corner. I have been doing some research but its led me to more questions.

I bought klasse all in one and klasse sealant gloss. The way i understand what i have read is that first i need to wash the car with some car shampoo (meguires) then i am going to clay it to remove any extra stuff (mothers brand) then im going to add the klasse all in one, just one coat. After that i will be applying the klasse sealant gloss in two coats.Now my questions are how long do i have to wait between applying the all in one and the sealant gloss, if at all? I know im going to add two coats of sealant gloss 12 hours apart but do i have to let the second coat bond for another 12 hours like the first coat before removal or can i remove it right away and apply some carnauba car wax to finish the job.
    PLEASE HELP

My car is a dark blue 2009 pontiac G6

Post Thanks / Like

Re: First time car owner

Sounds like you've been doing your research! I also use the Klasse Twins. I applied them in the summer and again just recently in preparation for the winter.

You don't have to wait between applying the All-In-One and the Sealant Glaze (SG). You can apply it immediately after.

As for the use of carnauba wax on top, if I were to do that I would wait the additional 12 hours to allow the SG to fully cure. However, I feel as though the Klasse Twins provide enough protection that I wouldn't even bother with carnauba.

It sounds as though you live in an area that gets snow and in most cases road-salt, consider getting the car rust-proofed too.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm getting it undercoated as soon as I pick it up if that's what you mean by rust proofing. My biggest questions right now is what about the second coat of sealant glaze? Do I have to let it cure for another 12 hours just like the first coat or can I apply then wipe off like the all in one??

Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it

Post Thanks / Like

If you feel you must add the wax on top of the Klasse SG coats, then I would probably wait the 12 hours. As dreass already mentioned, the only benefit you'll see is cosmetic. Two coats of SG will easily get you through winter.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I am going to wait till after winter to do the whole additional wax thing. But i really need to know if the second coat of SG will need to be left on same as the first, for 12 hours. Just trying to plan accordingly as i dont have a garage and will be borrowing one for the purpose of detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Are you asking about buffing it off after applying?

You can buff it off right after applying, or let it sit for a couple of minutes while you do another panel or two. If you let Klasse SG sit for more than an hour I found it to be really hard to buff out. Curing time just means you don't top it with anything or wash it.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

So wait, let me get this straight. I apply the first coat of SG and let it sit for 15-40 min then buff it out. Then i just add nothing to it and dont wash it for 12 hours and that will still allow the SG to bond appropriately giving me full protection? Sorry if im asking the same question over and over, i appreciate the help

Post Thanks / Like

The 20-30 minutes should be more than enough time
    to wait before buffing. However 12Hr hold time
    before second coat of Klasse SG is a must.
    1 apply all in one
    2 apply Klasse SG
    3 wait 20-30 minutes buff off
    4 wait 12 Hr.
    5 apply second coat Klasse SG
    6 wait 20-30 minutes buff off

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh man! Thank you folks so much! This is super helpful.

i just have a couple more questions. First, what applicator should i use for the SG vs the All in one Vs carnauba wax or does it even matter?

Secondly, while during the curing process should i drive the car at all, risking it being snowed and or rained on or should i keep it in the garage for the 12 hours to ensure a perfect bond?