autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detail Fest 2019 - BIG NEWS!

I've never been to a Detail Fest but back in the day I was part of an online forum called CEG Contour Enthusiast Group and we had a yearly show called Spring Zing. There were activities, autoX or road coarse racing and sometimes guest speakers. That said, the best part of these weekends were THE PEOPLE! No offense to those who bust their butts to put on a show like Detail Fest but the only thing I'd care about would be putting a face to a screen name and talking shop with them. I know if I ever go to one of these things that's my main objective, well maybe to buy some products and maybe even help clean someone's car evenDetail Fest 2019 - BIG NEWS!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Detail Fest was the best! Such a great time! Hopefully it will return again!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

3. Likes Klasse Act, Guyb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shane731 View Post
    I hate to be a party pooper, but I miss the old Autogeek. While I am still a loyal customer, it just isn’t the same anymore. It used to be about that one on one type of place where you felt like you really knew the people you were doing business with and got to share your passion with your peers. Yes times change, but I fear the almighty dollar has taken the throne. I haven’t got the slightest idea who works at Autogeek anymore, other than Mike and Meghan. Is Jason still there? Dwayne, Nick, Yancy, Bob, and others have moved on to other ventures. Who am I dealing with? Packer #xxxxxxxx. Whoopty doo. I suppose Detail Fest is dead. Unfortunate, because I loved the ones I got to go to. Meeting guys like Joe Fernandez, Renny Doyle, Todd Helme, Bob Eichelberg, David Ghodoussi, Richard from Solution Finish, PJ from Dodo Juice, and so many others was an absolute blast. Heck, winning a trip to Autogeek back in 2010 (Win a trip to Autogeek and Show Car Garage!) was an experience I’ll never forget. Anybody else feel the same way, or am I just a sentimental sap?
    I feel the same way.I went to them from 2008 to 2018 and enjoyed them all but the people i talked to,that went to the 2019 DF was disappointed.Well i sold my Corvette recently and purchased a motorcycle,so i guess it won't matter much to me anymore either way.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Shane731 View Post

I hate to be a party pooper, but I miss the old Autogeek.

I suppose Detail Fest is dead.

I don't know if Detail Fest is 100% dead, it's just we lost use of the HUGE grass field out in front of the Autogeek building where we used to hold Detail Fest.

For those that had never been to a Detail Fest show AT Autogeek, here's an arial view photos showing the huge grass field to the right of the Autogeek building.

Here's two aerial views from a drone Yancy took pictures of a Saturday Cars & Coffee car show. You can see how far the grass field extended in width and depth. It as huge and empty and worked PERFECT for a car show.

And here's a picture I just stepped outside and took. There's a BUILDING where the field used to be and this is why we had to move Detail Fest.

Autogeek tried holding Detail Fest at the Palm Beach Convention Center and after that the Palm Beach Fairgrounds (timed with the Barrett-Jackson auction) and neither were a good fit or worked well for Autogeek, our vendors, our car owners nor the attendees.

But there's always the future.

6. Likes cyberdemonbfg liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Also just to note, when I saw this thread brought back from the dead my first suspicion was a Spammer had posted to it.

So glad to see that wasn't the case.

8. Likes cyberdemonbfg, RiverDog, badfiveo liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234