autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detail Fest 2019 - BIG NEWS!

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdemonbfg View Post
    If that is true that there will not be any car show for Autogeek and you have to pay 40 bucks to get in,sounds like a come on for BJ.I have been going to the detail fest since 2008 but i think i'll have to pass,it's a shame.
    I went today to Detail Fest. It is not Detail Fest as I know it. I even went last year at the convention center. AG barely has a presence. I was very disappointed to say the least. I still enjoyed the auction and seeing all of the cars but that is a separate event for me. I attend DF every year and I have even participated in the pre-event
    detailing contest. I'm sorry to see that things have changed so much. AG, if you are listening I think most of your fans will like the old way better.

2. Thanks cyberdemonbfg thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see you guys at Mohegan Sun in Connecticut in June. Last year I visited the Meguiars, Adams and Mother's booths. I scored a free Meguiars bucket.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I went today to Detail Fest. It is not Detail Fest as I know it. I even went last year at the convention center. AG barely has a presence. I was very disappointed to say the least. I still enjoyed the auction and seeing all of the cars but that is a separate event for me. I attend DF every year and I have even participated in the pre-event
    detailing contest. I'm sorry to see that things have changed so much. AG, if you are listening I think most of your fans will like the old way better.
    It's a new day, new ownership, different agenda. It's about getting a return on your investment and growing your business. And the way you do that is targeting new markets and new customers. More people will walk through that show in 4 days than walked through the first 5-8 detail fests. That's just the reality of it. Just like when Bob sold the business. He started McKee's and most likely had a deal in the contract for few years that AG would carry and distribute his private label products. Once that time frame is up they will most likely be gone from AG.

Why else would he be building a whole new facility:

New Home for McKee's 37, Coming Soon!
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

5. Likes PaulMys, DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    It's a new day, new ownership, different agenda. It's about getting a return on your investment and growing your business. And the way you do that is targeting new markets and new customers. More people will walk through that show in 4 days than walked through the first 5-8 detail fests. That's just the reality of it. Just like when Bob sold the business. He started McKee's and most likely had a deal in the contract for few years that AG would carry and distribute his private label products. Once that time frame is up they will most likely be gone from AG.

Why else would he be building a whole new facility:

New Home for McKee's 37, Coming Soon!
    What you said is true but it doesn't mean i have to like it.Don't get me wrong,i hope their business does well but as the above poster said,AG had barely a presence there.I want to see a car show not an auction.I'm a member of Mecum,if i want to see an auction,i'll watch it live on the internet for free.As i mentioned before,the Cars and Coffee at the Palm Beach Outlet Mall is one heck of a car show and it's free.It's more of what AG use to be.Next one is May 5th.

Cars & Coffee Palm Beach
    Last edited by cyberdemonbfg; 04-13-2019 at 12:18 AM. Reason: sp

7. Likes panthershark, DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. I learned about Detailfest on Competition Ready and it looked amazing! I decided to attend Detailfest last year and it was a disappointment, very little cars. There were some good product manufactures there with knowledgeable staff, but nothing compared to what was portrayed on TV. Hopefully the new ownership is reading this and starts to respect the hard earned money of their customers, since some customers come from all over the country, and world, to attend and support AG.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

9. Likes cyberdemonbfg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As a Detail Fest veteran from the 6th Annual, yeah a lot has changed. What started out as a casual gathering among detail enthusiasts grew into a huge event. At the time, Autogeek was fortunate to have a huge grass lot and lots of open space near its facility to handle the crowds and a car show. That green lot and much of the land around Autogeek has now been or is being developed which made the move to an alternate venue a requirement. While it wasnt totally the same at the convention center, it still had most of the elements of the original detail fest. Obviously this year was completely different.

It was a cool event as many of Autogeeks top brands were there, and it gave many of us who have made friends from these events a chance to hang out, talk shop, and just have a good time once a year. But times change and the priorities of the company do as well.

As far as Bob building a new location for Mckee's...well, he owns the space Mckees is currently in and still owns the space Autogeek is in. They are his tenants. I think there is only limited space to grow in the current Mckees location, and the new building will give them more space and a parking lot to have events and such. Autogeek might also need that space to continue to expand

11. Likes DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    As a Detail Fest veteran from the 6th Annual, yeah a lot has changed. What started out as a casual gathering among detail enthusiasts grew into a huge event. At the time, Autogeek was fortunate to have a huge grass lot and lots of open space near its facility to handle the crowds and a car show. That green lot and much of the land around Autogeek has now been or is being developed which made the move to an alternate venue a requirement. While it wasnt totally the same at the convention center, it still had most of the elements of the original detail fest. Obviously this year was completely different.

It was a cool event as many of Autogeeks top brands were there, and it gave many of us who have made friends from these events a chance to hang out, talk shop, and just have a good time once a year. But times change and the priorities of the company do as well.

As far as Bob building a new location for Mckee's...well, he owns the space Mckees is currently in and still owns the space Autogeek is in. They are his tenants. I think there is only limited space to grow in the current Mckees location, and the new building will give them more space and a parking lot to have events and such. Autogeek might also need that space to continue to expand
    I have been attending DF for about that long too. For the interactions with the vendors, I would now recommend Mobile Tech Expo. Auto Geek has a booth there, along with most of the vendors that attend DF (Rupes, Meguiars, Lake Country, Buff & Shine, etc.).

Post Thanks / Like

I have been away too long. No more Detail Fest. That's a shame.
    I used to love attending them back in 06 and next 5 after.
    I just bought I new Hemi truck, I thought I would be back again. Oh well, A.G. was fun while it lasted. Now it's just another storefront,
    albeit, does contain a great forum, which I am now heading to.
    Last edited by julian; 04-28-2019 at 09:58 AM. Reason: omited something.
    enjoy life while you can

Post Thanks / Like

I've never been to a Detail Fest but it seems the previous ones were enjoyed by all, so how did this new version end up doing because the above guy seems pretty bummed out about it and I bet he speaks for many out there.

I do appreciate the forum greatly as it's my only social media outlet and I've met a couple people here and enjoy going back and forth with them about cars and detailing. One member has actually become apart of yearly Tail of the Dragon run and he's a great person that I'm glad I've crossed paths with in life.

I never knew alot about DF but when I'd see pics in the past it was lines to meet people on TV, buying products from vendors which is great and also the classes, certainly some enjoy this as well. I always wondered if there was a section where you'd clean your own car and help others out, kinda like a way to bond with your peers.

ThoughtsDetail Fest 2019 - BIG NEWS!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to be a party pooper, but I miss the old Autogeek. While I am still a loyal customer, it just isn’t the same anymore. It used to be about that one on one type of place where you felt like you really knew the people you were doing business with and got to share your passion with your peers. Yes times change, but I fear the almighty dollar has taken the throne. I haven’t got the slightest idea who works at Autogeek anymore, other than Mike and Meghan. Is Jason still there? Dwayne, Nick, Yancy, Bob, and others have moved on to other ventures. Who am I dealing with? Packer #xxxxxxxx. Whoopty doo. I suppose Detail Fest is dead. Unfortunate, because I loved the ones I got to go to. Meeting guys like Joe Fernandez, Renny Doyle, Todd Helme, Bob Eichelberg, David Ghodoussi, Richard from Solution Finish, PJ from Dodo Juice, and so many others was an absolute blast. Heck, winning a trip to Autogeek back in 2010 (Win a trip to Autogeek and Show Car Garage!) was an experience I’ll never forget. Anybody else feel the same way, or am I just a sentimental sap?
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

16. Likes Guyb, DETAILROOKIE liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast