autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detail Fest 2019 - BIG NEWS!

So which Barrett-Jackson ticket will you need to buy to attend detail fest?

Post Thanks / Like

Good question. Is there a registration fee to show my car there? Do I pay to enter BJ and the autogeek show as well? How much will it cost? Where do we check in? Which gate do we go to? What time do we get there? Anything else we should know?

Post Thanks / Like

You can show your car as long as you are willing to sell it. There wont be a car show for detail fest from my understanding. Also, I do not beleive there will be any separate tickets, entrance into the auction also grants entrance to the detail fest tent.

4. Dislikes Flash Gordon disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    You can show your car as long as you are willing to sell it. There wont be a car show for detail fest from my understanding. Also, I do not beleive there will be any separate tickets, entrance into the auction also grants entrance to the detail fest tent.
    If that is true that there will not be any car show for Autogeek and you have to pay 40 bucks to get in,sounds like a come on for BJ.I have been going to the detail fest since 2008 but i think i'll have to pass,it's a shame.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdemonbfg View Post
    If that is true that there will not be any car show for Autogeek and you have to pay 40 bucks to get in,sounds like a come on for BJ.I have been going to the detail fest since 2008 but i think i'll have to pass,it's a shame.
    It's about the marketing of AG to a new customer base, the BJ car collector customer base and building the AG brand.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    It's about the marketing of AG to a new customer base, the BJ car collector customer base and building the AG brand.
    If that is the case the cars and coffee at the outlet mall is more of what i used to see at AG and most likely where i 'll go.I went to it and there were so many cars there, i had to take a rest,lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you have to sell your car. I have so many questions as well as comments. Just how many cars can detailfest at BJ is allowed. Way back when, when detailfest was at Autogeek, held in the front grassy area, there would be well over a hundred cars. Is there enough room at BJ for these same numbers? What also concerns me is that you are mixing two entirely different events. The people who typically like to spend an easy afternoon at a nice car show are sometimes not the same people who would attend an event as overwhelming as BJ. And for the people who like to attend both Detailfest and BJ...we typically like one or the other. If I am at detailfest, I like to spend time cleaning the car in the morning, then sitting down for a while and watching and talking to the people that walk by....have a snack and drink, then wander about and see the other cars there and talk to the other owners. It's a full day. BJ is also a full day doing entirely different things. How do you combine them and have the time for both. For me...I can't see how I could do it.

Finally, detailfest was free to the lookers and pretty darn cheap for the show cars. Now, I have to spend $80 for me and the wife to go and do what exactly? It's just too much. Too much to do, to much involved...and most of all...too much money. Not to mention, have you seen the traffic trying to get into BJ? The cops only make it worse, as they think they are helping people get into the even, but they only cause more trouble. Trying to get my show car into BJ would be exhausting.

If Autogeek wants presence at BJ...then by all means go for it. They are perfect for the market of people who attend that show. But to combine the two seems odd. How about you have detailfest on a different date, and then have your tent setup and a few of your favorite cars at BJ.

Maybe I'm too pessimistic...but I will be surprised if the detailfest thing will be as successful as in the past when combine with BJ. For me, I'm going to pass. Which is sad, as I LOVED detailfest...was my favorite show of the year. I loved when it was outside (and not indoors at the convention center), and was the only thing going on for the day. I guess we'll see how it ends up. I wish Autogeek the best, but I do hope they go back to their roots and what made detailfest so successful in the past. We'll see what they do next year.

9. Likes axel06, cyberdemonbfg, mc2hill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is going to be my first Detail Fest, I do ,Ike the fact that it is running together with Barret Jackson. I hope it is the same as far as all the vendors for detailing products and tools. I am definitely mainly intersex in just DF, and it being my first time I hope it is all of what I have always enjoyed hearing about for the last few years, I just could never make the time but I had it planned that I was definitely going this year! So hope to see everyone I have met on the forums and finally get to meet all the staff of Auto Geek!

Post Thanks / Like

Indy, the last few years Detail Fest hasnt been free for the lookers. I think it was $10 or so for entrance. As far as I know, Detail Fest will not have a car show within Barrett Jackson. However, any collector car auction is a car show in itself. There will literally be probably 750-1000 cars on display at the auction for people to look at. Only difference is, they are all for sale (or have been sold). Barrett Jackson is an event, there is plenty to do and see inside the auction grounds including ride and drives usually from Ford, GM, and Dodge. The big three or at least Ford and GM also usually have new car displays there as well. Adding an additional tent for detailing is just one more thing to do at the auction.

Yeah, detail fest will never be the same, not sure it is really a fest anymore. But times change.

BTW, the field in front of Autogeek HQ is no more, its been built with more warehouses.

It is kinda sad though, there would be a ton of excitement about DF on this forum about now, and there is hardly a peep. I hope it works out well for all involved. Ill be coming. First time in many years Ive been to the BJ auction.

12. Likes custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont really care about the BJ auction but what vendors will be at DF? Thats the part i liked being about to see what new products were out get a nice convention discounts, talk with the product owner.... WHat am i missing is this just another auction (florida has plenty anyways mecum etc...) I agree seems to taint the special organic vibe that DF brought the table. Im on the fence and i live close....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast