autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures: Autogeek’s Roadshow Class with PRAXIS Detailing in Auburn, Indiana

That '70 Boss 429 Mustang in Grabber Blue came out sweet !

White and black interior is icing on the cake, you don't see many of those.

I always liked the '70 better than the '69 as they went to the matte black hood scoop vs. body color scoop - black makes it stand out/look more menacing.

If it's all original/numbers-matching, that baby could be worth $300-400K ...

2. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures: Autogeek’s Roadshow Class with PRAXIS Detailing in Auburn, Indiana

Hey Mike,

What a great class in Auburn! I've always dabbled in detailing my own cars, but never was 100% confident in what I was doing. Attending this past weekend 2 day class really boosted my confidence.

Using the different tools and products was great, but for me, having you looking over my shoulder and letting me know what I was doing right and what I was about to do wrong was worth the price of admission.

Sharing your years of experience and all your tips and tricks was priceless. I'm sure I'll attend another class in a couple years just to stay up on products and new techniques and tools.

I know it's a lot of work for you to put these classes on outside of the Auto Geek shop, so thank you for taking the time and effort to do it.

Until next time,

Eric

4. Likes Mgshirey, Aaryn NZ, RamAirV1, SWETM liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, thanks to Mike Phillips & Mike Liebing for a lot of effort to teach us detailing! I am ready to come back. My garage is not air conditioned nor do I have the tool selection and product selection that was at this class. It was fun to meet each of you and work beside you on projects.

6. Likes Aaryn NZ, SWETM liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike:

Thank you for the GREAT class!

I was a little nervous going into this, thinking I would be a little behind everyone else, but you structured the class in a way that targeted everyone -- no matter what the skill.

There was a lot of information to pack into 2 days, but you did it, and didn't let any of us slack! You did a great job of explaining all of the tools and products used, as well as all the proper steps and I now have the confidence to do my own car soon!

Highly recommend for any level!

Thank you!

Jennifer Robertson

8. Likes Aaryn NZ, Mgshirey, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bsbiochem View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OCDetailing77 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Exertion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mgshirey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jenrobbie66 View Post

Wow! There’s some fantastic testimonies right there.

As most of you have just posted for the first time on the AGO Forum - Welcome!

Please do stick around & join in the fun. This class looked super cool, & as an alumni of one of Mikes classes myself I know you all were busy & took away a lot from this class as well. Congratulations to you all.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

10. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Mike Phillips

I just got back home from the Auburn, IN auto detailing class.

What a class and what I learned will make my job easier in my detailing business. The class is hands on and Mike is hands on the entire class.

We worked on six cars the first day from washing to finish seal. I was exhausted but it was so worth it.

We got to experience different buffers, pads, towels products and techniques.

The second day we continued detailing and got more experience on show car detailing along with engine and interior cleaning.
    Great summary Josh!

I watched you through out the entire 2-day class and what really stood out to me about you're style of detailing is you are extremely focused on the task at hand and that's a key strength when it comes to the craft of car detailing and the art of polishing paint.

Incredible class and worth every penny.

I can’t wait to attend the boat detailing class In February.

Thanks Mike for everything.

-Joshua L.M Fitzgerald

If you think our car detailing class is incredible - wait until you go through the boat detailing class. I'm happy to say, it's just as hands-on if not more hands-on because I bring in REALLY BIG BOATS! And they are in HORRIBLE condition when they arrive but when they leave, they look fabulous!

It takes time to go through the pictures and document a class like this one you took or any of my boat classes. I'm sorry to say I have not been able to get all the pictures up from this year's boat class but I did get them all up from the 2018 Boat Class.

Check out this thread as it will show you just how hands-on our boat class is....

Pictures: 2018 Boat Detailing Class at Autogeek with Mike Phillips

Here's the link to the 2019 Class, check out the boats,

Pictures & Comments 2019 Boat Detailing Class at Autogeek with Mike Phillips

Post Thanks / Like

I was a hobby detailer looking to learn the secrets of the industry and to remove the anxiety of ruining paint.

After attending the Auburn IN class I now have the confidence to work on any car. Mike gave us an assortment of tools and products to use hands on in the class. Mike gave the class 110% effort and he shared knowledge that is invaluable.

-Michael Velazquez

13. Likes Aaryn NZ, SWETM liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by MV2020 View Post

I was a hobby detailer looking to learn the secrets of the industry and to remove the anxiety of ruining paint.

After attending the Auburn IN class I now have the confidence to work on any car. Mike gave us an assortment of tools and products to use hands on in the class. Mike gave the class 110% effort and he shared knowledge that is invaluable.

-Michael Velazquez

Hi Michael,

Thank you for attending and for sharing your experience on our forum. Right now I'm adding the text to go with the picture here,

Post #17 of THIS thread - (the one you're eyeballs are looking at right now) - takes time to make all these pictures AND text magically show up.

This includes this picture of you working on the bad ass Mustang....

Michael decontaminating paint.

I'll keep working through the pictures until they are all up as this thread is going out in my next newsletter to show others EXACTLY what they get to do at one of our classes.

15. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Continuing with the pictures from this class.....

While one team was working on the 1969 Mustang Boss 429 the other team was working on the 1964 GTO.

Both teams using the same tools, pads and products as the first class covers simple, 8mm free spinning random orbital polishers. This is the foundation and after this first set of tools we move to long stroke orbital polishers and BUILD on this foundation.

Here's before...

My friend the Squirrel Finder Light....
    The difference between a swirl and squirrel

Ouch!

Step 1: Waterless Wash
    In this picture, I'm share the correct technique to use Pinnacle Waterless Wash with Carnauba to wash a car followed by the Mike Phillips technique for using a waterless wash.

Step 2: Mechanical Decontamination

Here's Jamie using a Medium Grade Nanoskin Towel to remove above surface bonded contaminants off the GTO.

Teamwork!

Step 3: Machine Compounding

Our Test Spot revealed this car to have softer paint than the 1969 Mustang so instead of cutting with the Burgundy Buff & Shine foam cutting pad the class used the blue light foam cutting pad with the Pinnacle Advanced Compound .

Here's Jamie CARFULLY edging with a Griot's 6" ROP and a Buff & Shine BLUE foam cutting pad

Two cars being detailed at the same time. Same tools, pads and products. PLENTY of room for everyone to get PLENTY of hands-on time.

Step 4: Machine Polishing

Here's Ronnie polishing the hood (after compounding), with Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish and a Buff & Shine Yellow Uro-Tech 6" Foam pad.

Teamwork!

That's Roger down on the ground. Rodger is a real go-getter!

Reminds me of me and an article I once wrote

If it has paint it gets polished - Mike Phillips

TJ on the trunk lid

Step 5: Machine applying Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax

Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax is normally applied by hand and works great but I like to show how to apply it by machine.

Inspecting your microfiber towel

How, why & when to inspect your microfiber towels when detailing cars

Step 6: Wax removal

Final Results!

Group Shot after the first two cars for this 2-day class!

17. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got any pics of the Goat's 389 engine ?

19. Likes RamAirV1 liked this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast