autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Director of Training Mike Phillips's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures: Autogeek’s Roadshow Class with PRAXIS Detailing in Auburn, Indiana

Continued....

FLEX Detailing Class

Next in this class it's time for the FLEX Power Tools Session. For the FLEX class we showcase SONAX compounds and polishes and Lake Country Force Hybrid Buffing Pads.

The cool thing out our classes is often times you'll be the first to get your hands on the newest tools being introduced to the market. For example, at this class I brought with me the new versions of the FLEX 3401.

NEW FLEX XCE 3401 Corded and Cordless Polishers!

Here's the NEW chassis design for the Corded and Cordless FLEX XCE 3401s

Note the ALUMINUM Head has been removed.

Production Design - Cordless FLEX XCE 3401

Here's the other new FLEX tool everyone has been waiting for! The FLEX XCE 10-8 125

This tool chassis is the same as the battery operated version. Note the aluminum shroud has been removed. This makes the tool lighter and reduces heat.

For the FLEX detailing class we're using two cars brought to the class by students attending the class.

2014 LEXUS GS 350

Here's Roger trying out the CBEAST! This is the new CORDLESS version of the FLEX XC 3401 VRG 8mm Gear-Driven Orbital Polisher.

Here's Mike and Ronnie working on the Lexus....

Mike is testing out the original FLEX 3401 aka the BEAST!

On the other side of the car Justin is testing out the Cordless 3401 aka the CBEAST!

Here's Mike, he started with the original 3401 and now he's using and also comparing it to the new cordless version, the CBEAST.

Here's Ronnie testing out the NEW corded version of the FLEX 3401, note the aluminum head is gone....

Here's Jamie testing out the original FLEX 3401

Now TJ is testing out the cordless BEAST....

Up on the front clip of the car, Mike is testing out the FLEX 3" Long Stroke Mini Polisher.

After compound the car using the gear-driven FLEX 3401 with SONAX CutMax and Lake Country pads the class then polished the paint using the FLEX Finisher, a 15mm free spinning random orbital polisher with SONAX EX 04-06 and Lake Country pads. Sorry, no pictures of this step.

Installing a Ceramic Coating
    For these two cars, the Lexus and the Corvette the class is going to install ceramic coatings. First they must chemically strip the paint. This is the extra step required for installing a coating that you normally don't have to do when applying a car wax or a synthetic sealant.

Here's Jamie installing BLACKFIRE Pro Ceramic Coating

Here's the results!

Mike Phillips
    Director of Training Autogeek & Marine 31
    IDA Board Member - Certified Detailer - Skills Validated Detailer - IDA Recognized Trainer
    Mike Phillips Facebook Page
    Twitter
    Instagram
    Mike Phillips Detail Files YouTube Playlist
    Sign-up for Mike's Tips & Techniques Newsletter

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures: Autogeek’s Roadshow Class with PRAXIS Detailing in Auburn, Indiana

Continued....

While one half of the class worked on the Lexus the other half of the class worked on the 2009 Corvette. Same tools, pads and products for both cars.

Here's Armando using the FLEX 3401....

At the back of the Corvette is Dan and Jackson...

Up front is Mike on the driver's side....

And Luis, the owner of the Corvette is on the passenger side...

After compound the car using the gear-driven FLEX 3401 with SONAX CutMax and Lake Country pads the class then polished the paint using the FLEX Finisher, a 15mm free spinning random orbital polisher with SONAX EX 04-06 and Lake Country pads.

Here you can see Luis, Mike and in the very back, Jackson have all switched over to the white foam polishing pad to use with the SONAX EX 04-06 for the polishing step.

Installing a Ceramic Coating
    For these two cars, the Lexus and the Corvette the class is going to install ceramic coatings. First they must chemically strip the paint. This is the extra step required for installing a coating that you normally don't have to do when applying a car wax or a synthetic sealant.

Here's Joshua checking out the BLACKFIRE Paint Prep...

Here's Jackson carefully chemically stripping the paint.

Here's Luis up front installing a ceramic coating...

At the back, Jackson is testing out the Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating.

And here are the results!

Mike Phillips
    IDA Board Member - Certified Detailer - Skills Validated Detailer - IDA Recognized Trainer
    Twitter
    Instagram

Post Thanks / Like

Continued....

And here's a group shot after finishing the FLEX Detailing Class

Nice work everyone!

Mike Phillips
    Twitter
    Instagram

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mgshirey View Post

Mike,

Thanks for the Auburn/Praxis class. I learned a lot of new information and reviewed information from your videos. The class was awesome.

As an educator, this class was 100% engagement 100% of the time! I really liked using a variety of machines, equipment and tons and tons of products.
    Thanks Mike,

I love getting feedback from others that are also in the teaching industry, means a lot to me.

I wish I had taken this class 10 years earlier. I probably would have purchased some different equipment. I appreciated being coached by Mike on using the equipment.
    To me, one of the best aspects of our car detailing classes, (both the roadshow and the classes here in Stuart, Florida), is that YOU get to use so many different tools from different companies.

It's not like that at other classes. At other classes, you only use ONE BRAND of tools and usually only ONE BRAND of pads and products.

Considering that some tools are between $400.00 and $600.00 for JUST the tool, plus you'll need to buy matching pads and products, a person can easily spend $1000.00 getting into their first machine.

No problem if you end up LOVING the machine. But I meet a lot of people that spend this much money and end up NOT like the machine.

By taking our class FIRST - you get TONS of hands-on time with so many tools that by the end of the class you know 100% for sure which tools, pads and product you want to start investing in. $$$$$

And - no regrets. Sure the class costs money but when you have the confidence as to where to spend your money after the class plus the EDUCATION and hands-on experience on how to use the tools and products you're going to spend your money on, that's the strong benefit from taking the class. --> No guessing, no regrets.

Plus you know what your doing. I'd even say you know more than most dealers as my classes are INTENSE BRAIN DUMPS by yours truly.

Furthermore, there was no pressure to buy a particular product and Mike shared that one must pick the products for the project and what we like to use.

Very valuable information.

Excellent class. I dreamed of attending the classes in Florida and this one was 30 minutes from my house.

Thanks for attending Mike, it was a pleasure to meet you and work with you on so many cool cars.

Mike Phillips
    Twitter
    Instagram

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456