autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Mike Phillips

Roadshow Detailing Class in Auburn, Indiana - July 20th & 21st

Date: Saturday and Sunday, July 20th & 21st
    Time: 6:30am to 6:30pm

5634 Co Rd 11A
    Auburn, IN 46706

PRAXIS Detailing in Auburn, Indiana will be hosting a 2-day detailing class on Saturday, July 20th and Sunday July 21st.

Our host, Mike Liebing, owner of PRAXIS Detailing has his shop at the KRUSE Museum! And this is where you'll be doing hands-on training for 20+ hours over the course of the 2 days.

Here's a few pictures of the shop where the class will take place.

Our classes are unique in the industry as they are just about 98% on your feet, hands-on training. There simply are no chairs. If you learn better by sitting in a chair and listening to someone talk then you'll need to find a different class.

How to sign-up?

>Click here to sign-up online<

Or

Call Andre and sign-up over the phone

1-800-869-3011 x244

Hope to see you there!

PRAXIS Detailing

2. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Roadshow Detailing Class in Auburn, Indiana - July 20th & 21st

Sweet shop with some really nice memorabilia.

But I pity anyone who has to clean & detail those monster truck rims and tires !

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post

Sweet shop with some really nice memorabilia.
    I agree, nice clean shop. I know how to make it messy though.

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post

But I pity anyone who has to clean & detail those monster truck rims and tires !

Monster Trucks are a challenge, the key is great scaffolding....

Mike Phillips

***Update***

Last week to sign-up for this class.

Might be your last chance to attend a 2-day class too. Future classes may all be switched over to 1-day classes. They won't cost as much but you won't get to do as much "stuff". That's how it works.

I know from experience at my classes - everyone wants to do a LOT OF STUFF. Lots of stuff i.e. using lots of tool means lots of cars and this means lots of time. Time is money.

So if you've been looking at all the pictures and feedback for YEARS from all the classes Autogeek has put on since I came to work here 10 years ago and you've always wanted to attend one of these hands-on types of classes - then get signed up or miss out on these intense 2-day classes forever.

We'll always have the 3-day classes here at Autogeek and they are the BEST classes. But you also have to travel here, and incur all those expenses.

6. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

***Update***

Here are the cars for this class - currently - subject to change

2014 Lexus GS 350

2006 Mustang GT

2008 Ford Focus

2008 Dodge Avenger

Pontiac GTO

I think this is a 1965 or 1966 - I'm not a GTO expert so I could be wrong but very cool car plus it's BLACK

Some famous experimental race car

Big Block Boss 428 Mustang Fastback

This is a Playboy - that's all I know about it. Suppose to be very rare.

Chevy Suburban Streetrod

Ford Thunderbird

Be prepared

• Get a great night's sleep on Friday.
    • Wear work clothes and shoes.
    • You will be detailing 6 cars on Saturday and 4 cars on Sunday.
    • There are no chairs in this class.

Mike Phillips

***Update***

Yesterday I finished packing for the Auburn Roadshow Class hosted by PRAXIS Detailing at the Kruse Museum. We have 15 people signed up for this class. I need these head counts so I know what to pack. In our classes, there are no chairs. Instead there are TOOLS and PRODUCTS.

Each person get their own tool and all the pads, products and supplies needed to perform the job. If you look all over the web, you NEVER see pictures like these. They simply don't exist. Heck, you never see pictures from a class showing people on their FEET working on cars. You can find pictures of people sitting in chairs while someone talks.

First - Thank you Jeff Brown for calling me and asking me if I needed anything?

I said yes.

At our classes we do stuff and that means full bottles become empty bottles.

Jeff asked me to take inventory to see what I needed, I did and then sent him a bottle count for the BOSS Creams and BOOM - here they are.

Jeff and Griot's understand that the people that attend our classes get their HANDS ON Griot's products. That's a big deal. People will make up their own mind as to whether they like or don't like Griot's products but it starts with actually using them to buff our cars, not demo hoods and not sitting in a chair. The thing is though - they get to use Griot's tools, RUPES tools and FLEX tools and make up their own mind.

Rob at SONAX is also very good about contacting me and asking me what I need.

Packing for a Roadshow Class is a huge undertaking in that because we pack SO MUCH STUFF for you to use - it has to be packed tightly to get everything onto one pallet. For larger classes, 2 pallets. But space in a tote is VALUABLE.

There are at least 15 of all the major tools "sets" I teach in my classes. Again - everyone gets their own tool to use on the training cars. No one stands around with their hands in their pockets any our classes.

More liquids or as you would say, products. Liquids weigh a LOT. It's something most people don't see or think about when researching taking a detailing class. Besides these chemicals there are 4 more totes of nothing but liquids/products. There are 2 totes completely filled with buffing pads thank you Lake Country and Buff & Shine. There are 2 totes completely packed full with microfiber towels. Our classes are completely self-contained including the 15 ProLock 12 gauge extension cords.

13 Totes and 4 boxes

That's almost a complete Tote per person. Think about it. No other class provides so much for each person attending.

Thank you Grit Guard for the BRAND NEW Pad Washer to show everyone how to clean their pads.

Below are a Mytee Hot Water Extractor and a Grit Guard Universal Detailing Cart. In one of the totes is a Vapor Chief Steam Machine.

Here's one of my own thins I do. I tape a wire plier to the top of the top box.

Why?

To cut all the zip ties as we unload the totes and unpack them.

Here's Lucas our warehouse manager picking up the pallet from the Show Car Garage.

The pallet is weighed - there's no such thing as FREE SHIPPING no matter what all you guys think.

Try to find this picture for ANY other detailing classes. Free detailing classes mean you get what you pay for.

Lucas adding cardboard side reinforcements....

Wrapping the pallet for shipping....

Ready to ship.

Shipping companies need

1. Height
    2. Width
    3. Length
    4. Weight

79 inches tall - all tools, pads, towels and products

This pallet ships out today and is expected to arrive next Tuesday or Wednesday at the Kruse Museum.

My flight boards at 5:30am on Friday, July 19th. I get into Auburn at 10:30 and then pick up a rental car and head to PRAXIS Detailing to meet our host, Mike Liebing. After I arrive it will take about 6 hours to unpack all the totes and set-up the class. I normally need 10 to 12 banquet tables just to have space to place everything as we set-up. What? Do think we're going to set everything on the ground? Make everyone bend over to pick up a polisher? I'm the guy that wrote the article on inspecting microfiber towels - we don't put our clean towels on the ground. We need tables and lots of them to hold 1,500 pounds of STUFF!

I would add, each time I've taught a roadshow class, the host is always surprised at how many tables we need to hold everything. Most of the time we find a Party Rental Store to rent them. These are thing I'm sharing because I know most people have know idea of all the work behind-the-scenes that goes into setting up a class so you get a "First Class" experience.

9. Likes RamAirV1 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

FedEx has arrived!

This looks like a picture of the FedEx truck - it's not. It's a picture of the numbers on the truck and trailer.

Here's Lucas loading 1,500 pounds of detailing supplies onto the trailer.

Loaded and ready for the road trip to Auburn...

CYA

And here's the road trip...

Congratulations to everyone that signed up for this class - you're going to find out first hand that these classes are EXACTLY as advertised.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and remember, Mike Liebing and myself will be setting up on Friday, July 19th from about noon on, so if you're in the area, feel free to stop by and lend a hand.

Post Thanks / Like

... I’m going to start sounding like a broken record -

Another stunning facility for this class too. Hahaha, Mike, I’m sure you can make a mess of it. There’s going to be tools, products & students busily working away for two days but I bet there’s not going to be many chairs or at least much time to be sitting in them if they’re there. Hands on folks!

The countdown is on . . . Mere days away - Exciting.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Mike Phillips

This class sold out, so it's going to be a very busy class.

Really looking forward to working in such a nice shop and the Kruse Museum.

13. Likes RamAirV1, Thomkirby liked this post