autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Mike Phillips

Pictures: Autogeek's Roadshow Class at RUPES in Colorado - 2018

Pictures: Autogeek's Roadshow Class at RUPES in Colorado - 2018

Had a great group of guys at this 2-day class at RUPES Bigfoot Detailing Academy in Louisville, Colorado. Will share more pictures tomorrow but here's a few from setting up on Thursday to get this thread started.

2. Likes Diner liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures: Autogeek's Roadshow Class at RUPES in Colorado - 2018

More...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes Aaryn NZ, Diner liked this post
    Mike Phillips

More...

6. Likes Aaryn NZ, Diner liked this post
    Mike Phillips

More...

8. Likes Aaryn NZ, Diner liked this post
    Mike Phillips

More...

Here’s Jason going over the RUPES BigFoot family of tools...

10. Likes Aaryn NZ, Diner liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a pleasure to learn from Mike and Jason in the new Rupes facility. I learned about the Rupes brand, the system, and got hands on with a variety of tools, including pneumatic ones!

I’m a weekend warrior and work only on my own cars. One thing I’ve personally struggled with is the time it takes to wash and clay. After cleaning the wheels and tires, Mike suggested that we could do the chemical decontamination, foam on top of the chemical decontamination product, then wash and rinse, and then foam and clay with a clay mitt or towel. It was a great tip on combining steps to save time. (I hope I remember that correctly!)

We performed a few different test spots to dial in the correction. It showed the logic of the test spot and going from the least aggressive approach to a more aggressive approach to get the proper results. The class gave me tips and confidence to tackle some of the difficult areas and problem spots on my personal cars. It was amazing to see the transformation on the cars we detailed!

Mike believes and demonstrates the ‘keep is simple simon’ principle. As I like to take on projects as an excuse to buy new tools, Mike showed us we could get great results by hand - it just takes a little longer. Mike wants to share as much of his knowledge as possible and is eager for folks to be learning in a hands-on manner.

As much as I would like to install a wash bay in my garage with a commercial grade air system, I think I’m going to have to ‘settle’ for more pads and maybe a Nano iBrid for Christmas (or Halloween!!). All the goodies we received for attending, including 2 autographed books from Mike for future reference!, was a great bonus at the end of the class.

Thanks, Bill.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Broneida View Post

It was a pleasure to learn from Mike and Jason in the new Rupes facility. I learned about the Rupes brand, the system, and got hands on with a variety of tools, including pneumatic ones!

I’m a weekend warrior and work only on my own cars. One thing I’ve personally struggled with is the time it takes to wash and clay. After cleaning the wheels and tires, Mike suggested that we could do the chemical decontamination, foam on top of the chemical decontamination product, then wash and rinse, and then foam and clay with a clay mitt or towel. It was a great tip on combining steps to save time. (I hope I remember that correctly!)
    You got it correct. If it's a car I'm going to buff out, then

If a person is going to do headlights, glass polishing and engine detailing then this is the order.

Glass
    Headlights
    Engine
    Wheels and tires
    Chemical decontamination
    Foam and wash car then rinse
    Foam car and clay towel
    Rinse
    Dry
    Buff

Quote Originally Posted by Broneida View Post

We performed a few different test spots to dial in the correction. It showed the logic of the test spot and going from the least aggressive approach to a more aggressive approach to get the proper results. The class gave me tips and confidence to tackle some of the difficult areas and problem spots on my personal cars. It was amazing to see the transformation on the cars we detailed!

Mike believes and demonstrates the ‘keep is simple simon’ principle. As I like to take on projects as an excuse to buy new tools, Mike showed us we could get great results by hand - it just takes a little longer. Mike wants to share as much of his knowledge as possible and is eager for folks to be learning in a hands-on manner.

As much as I would like to install a wash bay in my garage with a commercial grade air system, I think I’m going to have to ‘settle’ for more pads and maybe a Nano iBrid for Christmas (or Halloween!!). All the goodies we received for attending, including 2 autographed books from Mike for future reference!, was a great bonus at the end of the class.

Thanks, Bill.

Thanks for taking the time to join our forum and share your experience. Out of all the guys that attended this class, only a few did this - I truly appreciate it. I wish the others could do so too... it's really not that hard...

Now that you're a member Bill, I hope to see you post any questions you have moving into the future.... I'll do my best to help you get the answers and the info you need. People think our "Customer Care" department is on the phones but this forum is also a part of customer cars.