autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

Pictures from Autogeek Roadshow Class at 3D in Santa Clarita, California 2018

Pictures from Autogeek Roadshow Class at 3D in Santa Clarita, California 2018

Awesome hands-on class!

We detailed 12 cars in three days and used just about every tool and 3D product under the California sun!

And when I say UNDER THE SUN - it was 106 degrees during both days of the class!

Here's a few pictures from this class...

Note the car in the background, this is the first 2 cars...

This makes 4 cars - still Friday....

And this would be 6 cars detailed the first day....

Here's 7 and 8 this would be Saturday morning.... look at the GLOSS coming off the Camaro...

Here's the 9th and 10th cars...

And here's the 11th and 12th cars detailed in 2 days!

There was virtually ZERO Butt Time in this class because people learn best by DOING not SITTING in a chair!

This is Tunch, the owner of 3D as well as the head Chemist!

Random shots of the class while I'm explaining why to do a Test Spot and then showing how to do a Test Spot and then turning the class loose!

More pictures to come!

When you see an Autogeek Roadshow Class coming within a few hundred miles of your hometown, remember this thread and remember these are truly hands-on learning classes, not sitting in chair while someone talks classes.

Get signed up. Or I'm good with you travelling to Stuart, Florida and taking our super intense 3-day class here at the Show Car Garage!

Info on ALL our classes including our Boat Detailing Class in the link below

>>> Class info - Click here <<<[/COLOR]

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures from Autogeek Roadshow Class at 3D in Santa Clarita, California 2018

Hey Mike, are there more pics?!?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures from Autogeek Roadshow Class at 3D in Santa Clarita, California 2018

Wow 106 degrees. Was the studio air conditioned?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mike!

Kudos for a fantastic class that showed techniques, allowed us to get hands-on time with all kinds of product and equipment, AND made my car look fantastic. Your clear explanations and patience with questions made this a fantastic experience that I recommend to anyone who is interested in making their car(s) look terrific.

I especially liked the way you stressed the different levels of detailing, depending on what the car owner wanted (for those who were detailing for others), and your explanation of the pros and cons of different equipment.

I was wondering whether or not to trade in my P-C for a different model but being able to try the others plus your invaluable tips made me appreciate that I can do more with it.

I learned my lesson and have purchased more quality microfiber towels and I will remember to keep them separated according to their function.

Thanks again for sharing your time and expertise!

5. Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by wksworld View Post

Hey Mike!

Kudos for a fantastic class that showed techniques, allowed us to get hands-on time with all kinds of product and equipment, AND made my car look fantastic. Your clear explanations and patience with questions made this a fantastic experience that I recommend to anyone who is interested in making their car(s) look terrific.

I especially liked the way you stressed the different levels of detailing, depending on what the car owner wanted (for those who were detailing for others), and your explanation of the pros and cons of different equipment.

I was wondering whether or not to trade in my P-C for a different model but being able to try the others plus your invaluable tips made me appreciate that I can do more with it.

I learned my lesson and have purchased more quality microfiber towels and I will remember to keep them separated according to their function.

Thanks again for sharing your time and expertise!

It was all my pleasure.... I love showing the art of polishing paint and the craft of detailing cars.

And as you learned, the PC or Porter Cable is a very capable tool with the right pads, products and technique and you can never have enough microfiber towels.

:dblthumbs2:

Post Thanks / Like

Good ol' Tunch...seems like a smart guy with a good sense of humor...wish he had known more about forums before he got into that business for a while. Oh well, all's well that ends well.

Post Thanks / Like

really upset i had to miss this class but this was in my territory

and yeah doing this work in 100 plus degress is not fun espessially when you cant get shade most the time.

it would have been ablast to use everything in a nice AC room.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post

really upset i had to miss this class but this was in my territory
    I wish you could have made it too.... it was truly a great hands-on learning class.

and yeah doing this work in 100 plus degress is not fun espessially when you cant get shade most the time.
    We washed 3 cars on Saturday and man it was hot outside - even early in the morning.

it would have been ablast to use everything in a nice AC room.
    Tell you what.... we tested their AC system to its full potential will all the people/body heat in that class.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I wish you could have made it too.... it was truly a great hands-on learning class.

We washed 3 cars on Saturday and man it was hot outside - even early in the morning.

Tell you what.... we tested their AC system to its full potential will all the people/body heat in that class.

Mike, do you have any more photos from the class? Looking for the photos we took accepting prizes and certs and anything else you might have!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by nickyreno View Post

Mike, do you have any more photos from the class?

Looking for the photos we took accepting prizes and certs and anything else you might have!

Yes.

The hardest thing about these classes is processing the pictures and making them magically showing up on a forum. It's easy with Facebook, you just use your thumb.

There's a lot more steps and it's very time consuming. Heck I have pictures from ALL the classes I've taught this year except the boat class that I still have to process and upload.

All I can do is "try" to get to them. Behind the scenes, I have to set up for classes, test products and write reviews, etc., etc., etc.

Not complaining at all but if you read this forum enough you will notice hardly anyone adds pictures "inserted" into their threads and posts, most people just attach thumbnails.

Also - since you attended this class, could you do me a favor? Could you post our feedback about it?

If you read through this thread, there's only ONE person that has shared their feedback and if you remember back to the class, wouldn't you agree with what he wrote? That is it was VERY HANDS-ON?

After some brief introductions we folded up the folding chairs and never got them out again both days.

I'll try to get to more pictures and if you could, tell people what you experienced at the 2-day class.

Thank you!