autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Mike Phillips

Packing for the Roadshow Detailing Class in California at 3D in Santa Clarita

Packing for the Roadshow Detailing Class in California at 3D in Santa Clarita

Most people don't have any idea what it really takes to hold a hands-on detailing class away from our corporate headquarters here in Stuart, Florida.

So I like to show what it takes because it takes a LOT. When I look for pictures showing ANY class anywhere with anyone, I can't find them, at least not like the volume of pictures shared on this forum showing real people and all of them with polishers in their hands working on cool cars.

And when we announce a class in your state, if you've always wanted to attend our 3-day class here in Stuart but didn't have the budget to,

1. Airline tickets
    2. Hotel
    3. Rental car
    4. meals on the road
    5. Pay for the 3-day class

Then here's your chance to save a ton of money and that means clear your schedule and get to the class in your state. Otherwise, the roadshow program will end and we'll just go back to our regular classes here.

Before I can pack up for the California class I need to un-pack 2 pallets from the New Jersey class arrived this morning, that is today, July 2nd, 2018. We're talking 2 pallets, over 5 feet tall that weigh in around 2000 pounds!

All the dirty towels, wash mitts, drying towels and buffing pads need to be washed and dried and then re-packed so we have time to get them 3000 miles across the United States for the 3D class.

I took some behind-the-scenes pictures to show exactly what it takes to put on an off-site class with our Roadshow Detailing Classes. You won't find pictures like these anywhere...

Here's the 2 full pallets just back from New Jersey

This is just ONE box of dirty laundry from the New Jersey class. Before washing I sort everything out by color and type of towel.

Here's the first load

I also just placed an order for 2 more gallons of BLACKFIRE Microfiber Detergent to make sure I have enough detergent to get through all the laundry.

You can see the water is dirty even into just a minute or two of the wash process, these towels were used for the session on how to correctly use a rinseless wash at the New Jersey roadshow class.

There are still a few spaces left for this class and then it's sold out.

Call Andre to get signed-up. We won't be back to California until sometime in 2019

1-800-869-3011 x244

2. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes Diner liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: Packing for the Roadshow Detailing Class in California at 3D in Santa Clarita

***Update***

One pallet unloaded. Starting on the second pallet.

2nd and 3rd wash loads done, prepping for #4

4. Likes Diner liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: Packing for the Roadshow Detailing Class in California at 3D in Santa Clarita

More....

Here's the 4th load of laundry, more Gold Plush Jr. 16" x 16" towels, we use a LOT of these for wiping off compounds and polishes and of course when you detail 12 cars in 2 days you wipe off a lot of compound and polish.

And I took this shot from the corner of the garage, you can see one empty pallet in front of where I'm standing and then stuff and more stuff getting un-packed, then sorted and ultimately re-packed for California.

More tomorrow...

6. Likes Diner liked this post
    Mike Phillips

More....

Came in early this morning, the California Roadshow Class pallets must go out today to be in California in time for the class.

While I'm unpacking and re-packing I'm also keeping laundry going. This load was from last night, towels have been washed and through the spin cycle,

This load was just started...

After washing and drying, the towels are staged in the garage, folded and sorted into the correct group so they are ready to pack.

Here's the points, when you sign-up for one of our classes, you're going to be using a lot of towels because you're going to be using a lot of tools - not sitting in a chair listening to someone talk.

Time to unpack the blue totes and then get the tools staged and ready to re-pack.

Stay tuned...

8. Likes Diner liked this post
    Mike Phillips

More...

Yep.... laundry at 6:10am and no end in sight....

Next up - buffing pads...

10. Likes Diner liked this post
    Mike Phillips

More....

This is a load of microfiber gloves. Everyone that attends one of our classes gets to learn via experience the value of wearing microfiber gloves when doing show car detailing. Because people put their hands into the gloves I wash them with BF microfiber detergent and add a little Lysol disinfectant to the load to kill germs.

It's shortly after 9:00am and I've finished unloading both pallets from the New Jersey Roadshow Class.

Here's the FLEX tools, (takes two 8' tables to hold them all), being staged to re-pack for the California Roadshow Class. Everyone gets a tool. There is never anyone standing around with empty hands because there's not enough tools.

Andre says there's only 3 spaces left for the Friday class and 3 spaces left for the Saturday class at 3D's Training Center in Canyon Country, California. We won't be back to California until sometime in 2019 so now is the time to get to one of our classes.

Or you're always welcome to attend our 3-day class coming up in September here in Stuart, Florida

Autogeek's 3-Day Boot Camp Detailing Class - September 28th, 29th and 30th

Either class, you'll want to get a good night's sleep the night before. I never worry about people getting a good night's sleep the night after a class.

12. Likes Diner liked this post
    Mike Phillips

more....

Easy to start the washer and dryer.... harder to do all the folding...

More tools for the California Roadshow Class

14. Likes Diner liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Continued....

This is my last post before leaving for the 4th of July holiday.

Started at 5:00am this morning, picking up where I left off on Monday after the pallets from New Jersey arrived to Autogeek.

• Did a ton of laundry.
    • Unpacked everything
    • Sorted and re-packed for the California 3D Roadshow Class

Last few pictures of tools after staging for the totes...

Pallet is wrapped and ready to ship. Gets picked up on Thursday, couldn't get it ready due to laundry by 3:00pm today. Fingers are crossed the pallet arrives by Wednesday, if not Wednesday then Thursday.

Class starts officially at 7:30am.

If you're reading this and you have received a number of e-mails from me, then you know I recommend arriving around 7:00am so you have time to,

Park your car
    Sign-in
    Get your name tag
    Enjoy some coffee and donuts
    Be ready to GO! at 7:30am

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, we did dirty a lot of towels in NJ. That was a great class.

Mike Phillips

Continued...

Heres all the tools, towels and buffing pads palletized and ready to ship.

Pallet dimensions – 5’ 5” tall x 48” wide x 40” deep

Weight = 1,056 pounds

Freight class = 250

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk