autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

2019 Autogeek Roadshow Calendar

2019 Autogeek Roadshow Calendar

These dates will be scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis.

If you want to host an Autogeek Roadshow Detailing Class at your facility, contact me as soon as you can confirm a date.

Contact

1-800-869-3011 x206

mike.phillips@Autogeek.net

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2019 Autogeek Roadshow Calendar

Are you guys coming to the Midwest again?

STeve

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 1A1 View Post

STeve

I'm working on locations.. Confirmed 3 locations yesterday, working on 5 more this week.

Once each location is confirmed I'll make an announcement.

I will also be sharing this in my new newsletter. Anyone that want's to stay caught up with ANY class I'm teaching in 2019 should send me an e-mail and I'll add you to the newsletter database.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 1A1 View Post

Steve

Which class did you attend?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mike,

Indy. I'd like to attend again if you are somewhat close. The Chicago one just didn't work out for me.

I believe I am on your mailing list. I'll email you just to make sure.

Thanks,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

I have family and friends in Fort Myers, FL. In fact, I'm going there next week.

Just look on Google map, its only 2.5 hours driving to Stuart, FL.

I'm toying with idea of taking the 3 day class at Autogeek in May.

Is it on the website somewhere the course syllabus ? and what is the difference between the class at AutoGeek and at RoadShow, etc ?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Oz_TCH View Post

I have family and friends in Fort Myers, FL. In fact, I'm going there next week.

Just look on Google map, its only 2.5 hours driving to Stuart, FL.

I'm toying with idea of taking the 3 day class at Autogeek in May.
    May class is always great. I'm already lining up cool cars to train on.

Is it on the website somewhere the course syllabus ?

Great question!

You can find out more about all the classes taught by yours truly here at Autogeek by clicking on the graphic at the top of any form page or Autogeek.com store page.

Looks like this,

and what is the difference between the class at AutoGeek and at RoadShow, etc ?

Roadshow has been focused on exterior detailing using all the most popular tools. People LIKE to use all the different tools. I bring in full size cars so you get LOTS of hands-on time with all the tools. There simply is no sitting in ANY of my classes.

Besides using all the different tools I cover a TON of topics at both classes including,

Wet wash engine detailing
    Cosmetic engine detailing
    Glass polishing for topical road film
    Glass polishing for scratches IN the glass
    Washing with foam guns, waterless wash rinseless wash
    All types of tools to mechanically decontaminate
    Chemical decontamination
    Taping off and covering up
    Cloth tops, vinyl tops - sometime plastic polishing if we have car with plastic windows
    Wetsanding by hand and by machine demo - no time in 2 days for everyone to wetsand - this is what you get to do at the 3-day class

The 3 day class covers all of the above but you get to learn how wetsand by hand and machine plus use hot water extractors, steam machines, Tornador tools etc.

Best thing to do is to read this recent testimony from Andre aka RaptorGT

I am just about back home from taking this class! This was an awesome experience and was WAY more than I expected! To fully understand, I am going to post my review/ opinion as these pictures do not do justice of what happened at this class. As I am so proud of how these cars came out!

First, I am a hobbyist at auto detailing before I signed up. I did not know what to expect, before signing up I searched for other classes closer to NJ (where I live) and there are some. I found a fairly reviewed class in Ohio, and my Dad knew a guy that gives classes in Virginia (but there is no review on that) and only thing that I kept coming back to was this class.

Next Mike Phillips, for better words, is a legend in auto detailing when you search on information on him. This led to my next concern. Since he was so high profile, I was unsure if he was really going to teach the class or have an assistant do it and he just comes in and say hi. I will tell you, Mike is there 1st thing in the morning and NEVER leaves till the class is finished. The class is supposed to be from about 730 am until 430-5pm. There was not one day that we finished before 6pm!

We only sat at our desks for about 45 minutes each day. 30 minutes for a few things that needs to be explained from a desk area and 15 minute lunch. The rest of the time is all hands on learning. Mike himself demonstrates and teaches all the techniques, not an assistant. Mike walks around to make sure you understand each procedure and shows you if you made a mistake. Even if you did not realize you made a mistake. He does not yell or act superior, he wants you to do everything right! He genuinely cares!

On the cars, we worked on a couple cars that where worth 80K dollars each, some rental cars (nothing wrong with that!), and a few nice muscle cars still worth 30k or so each. You are not working on some rust bucket or just hoods from a junk yard. On these cars you learn proper polishing techniques, how to properly handle a buffer, and how to properly wax a car. This may sound stupid, but I was doing just about everything wrong and do not mind saying it! This is an issue for myself as a hobbyist learning from friends and YouTube. There is a ton of incorrect information out there! It's all internet hearsay.

We got to use multiple tools, about 6 different buffers from short stroke to long stroke units that widely vary in price. We learned ceramic coatings and used several different brands so you can see the differences of how they apply and wipe off. This helps allow you to make the choice as to which products you like to use, and you did not have to buy them! I'm not sure if all classes get to work on 1 stage paint cars (as there getting rarer to find) but we did 2 of them!

Mike also does his best to teach you how to apply your new knowledge in a business setting!

I VERY much enjoyed this class! If I had a chance to do it all again, I would take the class a 2nd time without even having to think about it! The cost comes into play as this class is not cheap. To that comment you need to sit back and think about it, the knowledge you are learning is invaluable and will allow you to get your money back fast! I have not decided if I am going to pursue a business yet or remain a hobbyist, however, I have booked a ceramic coating for my uncles Challenger, a friends cars for paint correction on a C5 Vette, fox body mustang, and a Pontiac G8. This is just from showing them what I learned and seeing the results of the cars we worked on during class! My education is paid for already and the knowledge is now with me forever!

All I can say is THANK YOU Mike!

-Andre

Read through all the recent testimonies in just this one thread,

My wife is thinking about signing up for a future Roadshow Detailing Class: I’m overwhelmed

Click this link and LOOK at all the pictures and watch the video showing you just how much we provide at ALL our classes for you to use.

Video - Packing for the Indy and New Jersey Roadshow Classes!

Then look through the pictures I shared here - LOOK how many different "things" you get to do over the course of 2 days. There is NO OTHER CLASS LIKE THIS. And if they ever is, they can only copy what I'm doing.

323 Pictures - Autogeek's Hands-On Roadshow Detailing Classes!

As for our 3 day classes - I have more pictures showing more tools and more cars being detailed by people than anyone else that teaches a class and it's all documented in this forum group. You can click on the below link and then just start clicking on threads and you'll see people out of their chairs work, not sitting, on cars.

Forum: Pictures from Autogeeks 3 Day Detailing Classes with Mike Phillips

Hope that helps....