autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures & Comments - 2018 Indy Roadshow Class

I think Tom Q. covered it well, but I wanted to include some additional insight on the class.

Background: Business guy, but own a high-line detail business (8+ yrs). Cars, boats, RV's, planes...

Why I chose to attend: As I told Mike when he asked at the beginning of the class, gain more tips, methods, product diversity, and experience from one of the best known and trusted guys in the business. Just like in my daily role, I am always looking for ways to do things better, more efficiently, offer alternatives, and customize services better to my clients. Deliver and differentiate!

The one liner summary: Mike and the Autogeek crew, (along with Sonax and FLEX) delivered one of the top detailing sessions I have ever attended.

More Thoughts: The assortment of cars and product was hands down the BEST I have ever witnessed during any training of this kind. I have taken both public and private lessons over the past several years and early on starting up, and Mike + Autogeeek ensured an opportunity to see more detailing items all under one roof, and the time and tasks to see how they perform. The addition of product support directly from the manufacturers (Sonax and FLEX) ensured we saw how products were designed to be used, while their application folks along with Mike provided an even deeper level understanding of capabilities and unique hints to utilizing them best. As an attendee we could see how both equipment and product systems from FLEX, Griots, Rupes, Lake Country, Sonax, and others performed on differing paint systems, vehicles, and conditions.

I did enjoy how Mike didn't do the work, he thoroughly explained each processes, while conducting in person demonstrations, and then put the class to work! Definitely no sitting around in his class!

In addition to the well prepared material, Mike was keen to ensure that we had extras tools/products for those "special" processes along the way, ie faded trim, scratched glass, and trashed tires.

As a guy who has done this for a bit (not nearly as long as Mike), I still managed to have a ton of key takeaways. I would explicitly recommend a class from Mike whether you are a DIY detailer, or someone who makes their living in one way or another doing so.

To Mike, Autogeek, Sonax, and FLEX: Thank you again for setting up and running these sessions. I will definitely be sure to attend another in the future.

Also, thank you for helping grow the IDA...was glad to finally become Skills Validated on Sunday (shout out to Clint Hintz at Buff and Shine)!

BMW @ XC TECH
    "Let up for a second, and that is just where you will finish"

Pictures & Comments - 2018 Indy Roadshow Class-xc-tech-logo-fat-tech-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pictures & Comments - 2018 Indy Roadshow Class-img_2549-jpg   Pictures & Comments - 2018 Indy Roadshow Class-img_2550-1-jpg   Pictures & Comments - 2018 Indy Roadshow Class-img_2564-1-jpg   Pictures & Comments - 2018 Indy Roadshow Class-b9264d2c-f2e9-4155-80ab-23f6968b818a-jpg   Pictures & Comments - 2018 Indy Roadshow Class-img_2578-jpg   Pictures & Comments - 2018 Indy Roadshow Class-img_2590-jpg   Pictures & Comments - 2018 Indy Roadshow Class-img_2594-jpg   Pictures & Comments - 2018 Indy Roadshow Class-img_2538-jpg   Pictures & Comments - 2018 Indy Roadshow Class-img_2563-jpg   Pictures & Comments - 2018 Indy Roadshow Class-b9e33085-ff75-4b75-bd4e-a75dc32a8949-jpg  

Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures & Comments - 2018 Indy Roadshow Class

Quote Originally Posted by XC TECH View Post

I did enjoy how Mike didn't do the work, he thoroughly explained each processes, while conducting in person demonstrations, and then put the class to work!

Definitely no sitting around in his class!

Thank Ben!

I can't tell you how much I appreciate you're taking the time to join the forum and share you feedback and experience from the Indy Roadshow Class.

Thank you so much for your feedback and you know if there's ever anything I can do for you please reach out and let me know.

3. Likes RamAirV1 liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123