autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Roadshow Class - Canyon Country, California - July 13th, 14th at the 3D Training Center with Mike Phillips at Autogeek

Quote Originally Posted by Powerman View Post

As I’m 63 and haven’t been able to find a job in the last two years because of back problems and people not wanting to hire older workers I don’t know if I’ll be able to afford a class in 2019.

Perhaps I can work out with my family to send my nephew who has been helping me when he has time.

It’s been difficult when I have over $2000 worth of rupes gear and autogeek products, not to be able to work on my cares much anymore.

Sorry to hear this...

Back problems are MAJOR problems and also why I try to always stay physically fit by exercising with both free weights and lap swimming.

Detailing is a very strenuous and physically demanding type of work and a person must be physically fit to do it day-in and day-out.

It may not be the best option for you. Also, while I world love to have your nephew attend a class if he's genuinely a "car guy" and/or interested in car detailing, but if his passion lies somewhere else then I'd say let it go...

Hoping for the best for you Powerman. The economy appears to be strong and I see job listings everywhere I go now days so hang in there and try to find something you both enjoy and work for you.

Mike Phillips

Re: Roadshow Class - Canyon Country, California - July 13th, 14th at the 3D Training Center with Mike Phillips at Autogeek

***Update***

This class is coming up real fast, there are still spaces open for Friday and Saturday and spaces for anyone that wants to take the IDA Skill Validation tests on Sunday.

Like all our classes, this is going to be very hands-on and also very fun.

3D makes exceptional products, so click the below link to sign-up online

Click here to sign-up online for the Autogeek Roadshow Class at 3D in California!

Or call Andre and sign-up over the phone...

800-869-3011 x244

Mike Phillips

Watch this short video to find out more about the 3D Roadshow Car Detailing Classes!

Mike Phillips

***Update***

There are still spaces available for both Friday and Saturday's classes and also IDA SV testing on Sunday.

For those of you "wondering" what this class will be like, here's three testimonies from actual people that just took the New Jersey Roadshow Class.

Here's a link to the thread where they posted their feedback.

Pictures & Comments - 2018 New Jersey Roadshow Detailing Class

These are posts #9, #10 and #22

(I have more testimonies but they are hand written, sometimes it's hard to get people to join a forum)

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac3317 View Post

Great class, if you've ever wanted to learn from the best and have ever even considered taking the class you do it, you won't regret it.

Learned a ton, wish I stayed for both days. As soon as I got home I went to work on my daily driver, clayed it, used the Blackfire one step compound and had no concerns over what to do. Result came out great. Thanks again. Really enjoyed it.

BTW Mike wasn't kidding about time sitting in the chair. My feet were killing me the next day. A lot of time in the shop...working!

But I'm sure Mike wrote an "article" about it. (take the class-you'll know what I mean).

Thanks again to the entire crew.

Quote Originally Posted by m3nt0s View Post

The Roadshow Detailing Class was absolutely fantastic. I've been waiting for one of these to come to my area, and within 15 minutes of getting the email that it was happening, I signed up for both days without hesitation.

I have been an enthusiast detailer for a number of years, and have learned what I know about the detailing craft through various YouTube videos (many featuring Mike Phillips) and through these very forums (also, through Mike). While my skills have gotten better over time, I've had a great deal of trepidation when it came to abrasive detailing or anything that involved picking up an orbital machine spinning faster than my eye can see. Among my group of friends I am the "resident detailer" - they trust me with their cars, and I knew that I would have to expand my skill set at some point to make all of our cars better than ever.

Before the class even started, I received roughly a half dozen emails from Mike himself about a week in advance, informing the class of everything we would need to be ready the first morning. I was about 5 minutes early on day one, and could already tell this was going to be serious because I was pretty much the last person to arrive. The garage setup was incredible, with beautifully laid out products that looked like a detailer's shop dream (at least my dreams, anyway!)

Mike promised us from the get-go that we would get an incredible amount of hands-on time using tools and chemicals on cars. With approximately 22 hours of class time across both days, I can honestly say - when Mike says you get to be hands-on, he means you will get HANDS-ON!!! I learned more in the 2 days of this class than I have in the last 2 years of scouring the internet. Tips, tricks, methodology, fundamental skills, advanced techniques - Mike shares ALL of it with the class. He is 100% genuine, accessible, and open to any question. If you've seen Mike in his videos on YouTube or on Competition Ready, I can say that the guy you see online and on TV is the SAME guy you'll meet in person. The other class participants are also real enthusiasts - everyone is highly motivated and incredibly careful with the cars that are volunteered for the class. I would absolutely trust everyone with the surface of my car if another class were to come to my area!

Ultimately I came away from the class with a plethora of new skills that I can't wait to try out. Now I feel confident that I know how to detect and identify issues on the surface of a car, the proper way to safely and effectively handle serious tools, how to work on a variety of surfaces and materials, and how to appropriately communicate these skills to perspective clientele.

I was fortunate that Mike selected my friend's 2010 BMW 128i (white with black vinyl graphics) for one of the final 12 cars to be detailed over the weekend. The reception from the owner and his family has been outstanding - the car has gone quite some time since its last wash (much less wax or sealant). The owners and class participants were equally shocked upon seeing the car literally changing color after removing that heavy layer of road film!

Big thanks to Pete, Christy, Axel, and Andre for helping me with literally every question I came up with across both days. Working side by side with these folks is seriously fantastic! I hope anyone who takes these classes in the future has the chance to work with them.

Huge thanks to Autogeek, I'm loving the RUPES detailing belt and the swag from the #AGroadshowNJ contest. These tools are being put to the test this coming weekend!

Finally, special thanks to Rahul at Shield & Sheen for opening the doors to us so we could use (and hopefully not abuse!) his shop for the weekend. It's a great facility and he has a wealth of knowledge.

Looking forward to attending my next class, hopefully a 3-day class next time!

- John Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Feldman View Post
    It was a real pleasure to attend the Autogeek NJ Roadshow!

I was somewhat nervous as I approached the facility. My business is a part time home based business where I clean between 3 and 4 dozen cars a year, sometimes more. I started to wonder if the class would be made up of highly skilled full timers looking to raise their skills to the "Ninja" level like Mike. I thought maybe people would think I was just "playing" with the business and not take me seriously. BOY WAS I WRONG! The class was made up of people with varying skill levels looking to increase their abilities to clean their own cars all the way up to the "Ninja" guys! I was happy to be in the middle!

My point is: Nobody should ever be intimidated to attend this class. Everybody on every level is welcome and will go home with skills and knowledge you won't get anywhere else. Mike and the staff treat everybody the same. If you want to learn, they are going out of their way to help you.

Like John Lee said in his post, Rahul at Shield and Shine has a beautiful facility. When I walked into the shop and saw all the different brands of polishing tools lined up for us, as well as all the supplies to go with it, I was smiling ear to ear because I knew I would never be able to experience anything like this any place else. The class is extremely well structured and help is available to you at every step.

Mike Phillips is the REAL DEAL. He is down to earth and genuinely concerned about every student in the class. You won't find anyone more knowledgeable and fun to be around. I always wanted to attend Detailfest but it was out of my reach.

This class was priced so reasonably that you would be crazy to miss it if Mike is anywhere near you in the future. Everybody received a "swag bag" with valuable goodies and three of Mike's books. There was a raffle and some people got even more valuable free stuff!

If you are serious about properly maintaining cars on any level, you need to be here!

All our classes are intensely hands-on and fun and you learn a TON!

See you there!

Mike Phillips

***Update***

Those attending this class will be the first to use a brand new product from 3D

Stay tuned for more information...

Mike Phillips

Even more!

Someone attending the Roadshow Class at 3D in Santa Clarita will win this prize!

Mike Phillips

***Update***

I think there are 3-4 spaces left for Friday's class and 1-2 spaces left for Saturday's class.

Also - there are still time slots for anyone that wants to take their IDA Skills Validation tests administered by your truly.

Call Andre to both sign up for the class or to reserve your time slot for SV testing.

1-800-869-3011 x244

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Even more!

Someone attending the Roadshow Class at 3D in Santa Clarita will win this prize!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by nickyreno View Post

Mine!

I'll take a wild guess that you're taking the class?

If so - looking forward to meeting you!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I'll take a wild guess that you're taking the class?

If so - looking forward to meeting you!

Yes Sir, I'm looking forward as well! I'll try to get in touch with Andre, or you again today to get a time slot for the IDA SV testing on Sunday. See you then!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast