autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Windsor, New Jersey - June 22nd & 23rd - Roadshow Detail Class with Mike Phillips at Autogeek

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post

Hey Mike,

Just a heads up. On the promo to sign up early and get $100 store credit there are multiple dates listed, you might want to correct them. I saw May 8, May 21, July 10 (which is past the class).

Fixed it.

This is what happens when you're your own proofreader.

What I normally do is create ONE thread, that would be this one, and then when I create a new thread I copy and paste all the text from each post to create a "new" thread and then go back and change things like,city, state, address, airports, hotels and dates, etc.

What happens is I can and will tend to miss a needed change somewhere.

Fixed now, thanks for the heads-up, I'll try to be more careful in the future although I already try to be more careful in the future...

2. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: Windsor, New Jersey - June 22nd & 23rd - Roadshow Detail Class with Mike Phillips at Autogeek

***Update***

Store links have now been added to the first page so you can sign-up on line...

Click here to sign up for Friday, June 22nd - $495.00 - $100.00 store credit if you sign up before May 21st

Click here to sign up for Saturday, June 23rd - $495.00 - $100.00 store credit if you sign up before May 21st

Link to sign up for both days - $990.00 - $200.00 store credit if you sign up before May 21st

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool! Happy to see a class taking place up my way for a change

5. Likes Dan Tran liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike, what will be the cost to just attend the skills verification for IDA on Sunday?
    Cherry on Top Auto Detailing, Fishkill NY

https://www.facebook.com/CherryOnTopDetailing

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@CherryOnTop View Post
    Mike, what will be the cost to just attend the skills verification for IDA on Sunday?
    We don’t charge anything, the charge from the IDA is $200.00 and you can pry them directly.

Are you alumni of my 3-day class!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    Very cool! Happy to see a class taking place up my way for a change
    amen to this....I looked...it's only about 1.5 hours from me...now to convince the wife.....

Post Thanks / Like

Nice only hour drive away from my house..
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Ran

Mike Phillips

Just to comment....

People have been asking for us to bring our class out onto the road for years. A LOT of work and planning went into our Roadshow Class program the last couple of years before we launched it. After the first two classes we learned where we could improve and that is the current format of single day classes.

You can choose to attend one day, or both days. The topics and tools, pads and products are different on both days, this gives people incentive to sign up for both days. That said, if a person has a limited budget or a wife with a tight controls on the budget, then no matter which class you sign-up for - you're going to learn a LOT. On the first page, while it's a tick difficult to type about yourself, I listed some of my credentials to separate me from all the other guys that want to call themselves and "instructor". Try to find as single page anywhere for anyone that lists their credentials that also calls themselves an "instructor". I'm telling you straight-up... my classes are the real-deal and you're going to learn a LOT and have a lot of fun, plus meet cool people.

But at the end of the day... it's up to you to get with the program, figure out your schedule and then make it happen.

Most of the people that attend my big 3-day classes here invest,

$1,800.00 for the 3-day class
    $$$$$ - For their airline tickets
    $$$$$ - For their hotel
    $$$$$ - For their meals away from home (adds up)
    $$$$$ - Rental car - have to get from the airport to Stuart and then from the hotel to Autogeek's Show Car Garage!

Then there's what people spend AFTER taking the class for all the cool tools, pads and products they just experienced. I'm not going to share what the average sale it but it reflects, (no pun intended), what they learned.

In reality, our Roadshow Classes are a better deal for you than they are for us when you include all the time others behind the scenes help me to pack up for a Roadshow Class and the lost time I'm out of the office not working on other projects, (and in fact getting behind on other projects).

I would say from the comments I've seen over the years, most people don't have a clue as to what it takes to put on a REAL class "on the road", they just want something for free and these types of people are the worst investment for any company.

Anything for FREE has NO VALUE. Think about it. When you pay for something... you value it, you appreciate it and in my case, you pay attention in my class and when I clap my hands and shout "Go! - you go to work --> learning and having fun.

For everyone that will read this thread into the future, to try to give you just a glimpse of what it takes to put on a REAL class on the road, I took the pictures to show you and created this thread. And again, TRY to find ANYONE --> anywhere that has a pictures like this showing just how much stuff they pack up and ship out just so YOU have a GREAT experience for the money you spend and the trust you put into Autogeek's name as well as my name.

How to pack for an Autogeek Roadshow Class - Does anyone know what it takes?

First, we ordered 40 storage totes - just the totes were $900.00

Then we filled them to the top...

Here's just a few pictures showing the mass volume of just the tools....

Even more pics here,

Packing up for the Autogeek Roadshow Class in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin - August 12th & 13th

Putting on a REAL class offsite from our facility is a huge undertaking.

We also added an incentive for people to sign up early and there's a very important reason why.

We're not going to ship out 2 full pallets of tools, pads, towels and products if the class is not full. So "people" can't wait to sign-up a day or two before the class. It doesn't work that way.

People been asking me directly to bring our class out on the road because they can't afford to fly here, get a hotel room, rent a car etc. so I pushed for this program real hard and I'm happy to say I have the company's backing. But now that we've stepped up to the table it's time for all the people that have been wanting us to bring our class out on the road to step up to the table. If there's not enough sign-ups BEFORE 30 days out from the class we'll cancel the class.

I will not get permission to ship out 2 FULL PALLETS at a coast of $1,600.00 to $2,000.00 (depending upon how far the class is from Stuart, Florida), if the classes are not filled.

So After working behind the scenes to get ANY shop to open their doors and let us hold a class in their facility, and then doing all the behind the scenes work just to make threads like this one on the forum, I hope people take advantage of the ability to take a class in or near their hometown.

Just thought I'd share the above because I know the average person doesn't know the above, they want to learn and attend a great class, but they simply don't know all of this behind the scenes information. So there it is.

Hope to see a lot of enthusiastic people at ALL our roadshow classes.

Post Thanks / Like

One of these days...

I highly regret not going when it was local to me one time.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mike im seriously thinking about attending this class..
    just curious about how many students attend this class.
    actually how many before it gets sold out?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast