autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mike Phillips

Re: Indy Motor Speedway - June 8th & 9th - Roadshow Detail Class with Mike Phillips at Autogeek

Quote Originally Posted by RChicago View Post

Well its finally happening....I have been wanting to go to a detailing class forever and I finally got into one that will be a heck of a lot closer and (Sorry Mike...) cooler. If its true, and were at the track doing this...from this Indiana boy who has been at numerous 500's what a dream. I will be bringing a camera also!!!

I am signed up for both days and can't wait!

I am offering a vehicle but I don't know how useful it will be. Its a 2006 Mustang GT convertible. I will admit its a garage queen but it is the reason for my detailing class. 21,000 miles and has seen 3.5 rainstorms. I have attached a photo after it was just washed for the season but this is also why I need to learn properly again as there are "care"marks in the paint. Hairline fibers are there from an angle. UGH. Don't know if you need it.

Tom Quinn

YES - I would love to have this Convertible for the class!

This will probably be a Saturday car as we cover traditional washing on Saturday and I need 2 convertibles, one with a canvas top and one with a vinyl top to show the correct procedures for cleaning and protecting canvas and vinyl. I've packed both 303 and RaggTopp products just for these portions of the class.

Which type of material does your top have?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Indy Motor Speedway - June 8th & 9th - Roadshow Detail Class with Mike Phillips at Autogeek

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    YES - I would love to have this Convertible for the class!

This will probably be a Saturday car as we cover traditional washing on Saturday and I need 2 convertibles, one with a canvas top and one with a vinyl top to show the correct procedures for cleaning and protecting canvas and vinyl. I've packed both 303 and RaggTopp products just for these portions of the class.

Which type of material does your top have?

This is the Vinyl Top.

I have a beat to heck Jeep Liberty I could bring for Friday. This car has only seen wax from the car washes and live outside. Paint is well, DEAD! I will post a photo if you'd like.

Mike Phillips

This is the Vinyl Top.
    Perfect. I'm working on a car with a canvas top.

I have a beat to heck Jeep Liberty I could bring for Friday. This car has only seen wax from the car washes and live outside.

Paint is well, DEAD!

I will post a photo if you'd like
    Yes, please do.

Post Thanks / Like

Perfect. I'm working on a car with a canvas top.

Yes, please do.

Corner photo, Condition of Paint, Condition of Trim, Condition of Headlights.

Indy Motor Speedway - June 8th & 9th - Roadshow Detail Class with Mike Phillips at Autogeek-img_7822-jpgIndy Motor Speedway - June 8th & 9th - Roadshow Detail Class with Mike Phillips at Autogeek-img_7821-jpgIndy Motor Speedway - June 8th & 9th - Roadshow Detail Class with Mike Phillips at Autogeek-img_7823-jpgIndy Motor Speedway - June 8th & 9th - Roadshow Detail Class with Mike Phillips at Autogeek-img_7820-jpg

Mike Phillips

Corner photo, Condition of Paint, Condition of Trim, Condition of Headlights.

Here's your pictures...

The "Front Side Angle Shot" (good job)

The overhead sun swirls shot

Trim is looking weathered and oxidized...

Is that clearcoat failure on the paint next to the trim?

Give the option, I would prefer the read Mustang. It has a vinyl top and I may have a Mustang with a canvas top lined up.

Post Thanks / Like

Is that clearcoat failure on the paint next to the trim?

Give the option, I would prefer the read Mustang. It has a vinyl top and I may have a Mustang with a canvas top lined up.
    As far as the clear coat failure...hopefully thats something I will better understand after Saturday. Mustang it is!

Mike Phillips

As far as the clear coat failure...hopefully thats something I will better understand after Saturday.
    We will go over clearcoat failure plus lots of other common paint defects.

Mustang it is!
    Awesome!

Mike Phillips

***Update****

This class is SOLD OUT!

BUT

If you really want to go you can call Andre and be put on the waiting list in case anyone cancels

Andre

1-800-869-3011 x244

See everyone on Friday!

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

Do you prefer the cars be washed before the class or not? I am going to conclude "no" on the thought you may want to demonstrate waterless/rinseless wash process.

RamAirV1

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by RamAirV1 View Post
    Mike,

Do you prefer the cars be washed before the class or not? I am going to conclude "no" on the thought you may want to demonstrate waterless/rinseless wash process.

RamAirV1
    Correct - leave cars dirty.

11. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345