autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures and Comments from the Wisconsin Roadshow Class - 2017

Going through some withdrawals this AM, absolutely loved the class! I loved seeing the incredible paint restore on the '69 Chrysler convertible (my family is astounded at the transformation, and grateful to our wonderful team!) but my favorite car is the '67 GTO. �� Thanks to everyone involved in the class, and ladies GET OUT THERE and detail! The tools and machines are easy to handle, and everyone is an equal in this class. Kudos to Mike and Yancy, and everyone involved who made this class available. Incredible opportunity!

Post Thanks / Like

Had an amazing weekend, this class was so much fun to be a part of! Thank you to Autogeek, Lake Country, Mike Phillips, Yancy and if the car owners are on the forums, an extra big thanks to you all!

The cars were awesome, I mean ridiculously cool! A GTO Judge, beautiful 67 GTO, menacing big block Chevelle, lime green Dodge Dart, Scooby Doo Ford Econoline, gorgeous 39(?) Chevy street rod, 2011 mustang and swirled to heck Jaguar XJS!

Mike even managed to surprise us with boat detailing! There was a Cadillac Eldorado and Chrysler Newport in terrible condition, but it was brought back to life with Megs M07 and 2 step correction! The final one was a monster, a massive Ford King Ranch truck, I think this had its own zip code.

I met a lot of very nice genuine people.
    -George is a beast(man holding two polishers) and was helpful to anyone and everyone. MVP right here!
    -Al was extremely helpful, my partner for the end of the first day and all the second. I'm 29 and was the second shortest person there, almost outdone by Mikey who's 12! Al was the second tallest man there and a whole foot taller than me, but I digress. Awesome person and want to send a thanks to him as I believe he's on the forums.
    -Randy and Mikey, how cool is it for a father and son to do this together!? There was a plan there, as there was only two spots left for the class and the father son duo made it!
    -Jesse(hope I'm spelling it right, also an Alumni) and Denise for bringing the Newport
    -Really all of the students were a great group of people.

Only one person, a bit of a know it all, kind of rubbed me the wrong way. He kept bossing us around, grab this, bring me that, detail these cars, compound this and polish that! Believe it or not he even wanted to instruct the class!! I'm not into shaming others but I'll just say his name is Mike P. Or wait that's to obvious, it's M. Phillips..

In all honestly, this class allowed me the opportunity to meet one of the best people in the business, one of the best instructors, Mike Phillips! Meet a ton of car people and detailers who share the same passion and love for clean paint and badass cars! A chance to use multiple different compound, polish and LSP systems, some 10 different polishers, large mix of pads and endless microfiber towels! All available at Autogeek of course!

If you get a chance, take it, don't wait or think too long. The classes fill up quickly, but I believe Mike announced this on the forums almost 6 months in advance, save for a couple months and do it!

-David(the shortest of the 3 there!)

Post Thanks / Like

Can't believe I forgot to mention this in my wall of text! Can't really choose a favorite, but a top three maybe and in no particular order. The two GTO's and the Econoline!

Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to say thank you to Mike for letting me hang out and help, and bringing our cars down to detail. Being an alumni of the Competition Ready class this was a good refresher for me as I haven't done everything yet.
    Also a big thanks to you all for detailing the cars. They all look great. Even though I was a little apprehensive seeing a bunch of strangers working on my car. I knew it would turn out great. Thanks.
    My wife had a great time trying everything out. Now she knows why I'm a product wh#%e. She was so pumped she wanted to head out to our garage and start on her car when we got home!
    And then there's Yancey. What can you say about Yancey, except "you da man"!
    Oh, I almost forgot, my favorite car was the 67 GTO. But I'm biased.
    And I can't forget Lake Country. They have a great facility and knowledgeable/experienced people working there. Thanks for hosting.
    In the famous words of Grand Funk Railroad, (kind of) "keep on shinin on"!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post

If you're really good... you can compare two polishers at the same time! Pictures and Comments from the Wisconsin Roadshow Class - 2017Pictures and Comments from the Wisconsin Roadshow Class - 2017Pictures and Comments from the Wisconsin Roadshow Class - 2017

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Dual wielding

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Mike Phillips

We covered hundreds of topics like how to use the VIF App and or the VIF paper form to identify and document pre-existing damage.

This educates the customer, shows you're a true professional and protects you.

Here's an example - pre-existing burn- through on the rear spoiler on the 1969 GTO Judge.

This first picture FRAMES-UP the shot to the location of the damage and the component that is already damaged.

Here's the damage. I use my finger to point it out.

And a close-up...

Here's a chip in the paint at the drivers front corner of the hood.

First frame-up the shot so that anyone could understand the location you're referencing.

Then document the damage with a good picture.

Next 3-day class is here at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida.

Next Roadshow Classes are in Maine and Colorado.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

3M Blue Vinyl Tape is shown to use as visual indicator or reminder that there is an area to be careful around.

For example the fragile thin vinyl lettering an this authentic 1969 GTO Judge valued over $100.000.00

The paint on this GTO was covered with marring from being covered with a car cover for extended time.

The students in the Wisconsin Roadshow Class removed the scratched and restored a show car finish using Pinnacle Advanced Compound, Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish and Pinnacle Souveran Wax using Griot's 6" Orbital Polisher.

Post Thanks / Like

As a former student, I really enjoy reading this. I can smell the products while reading! Grin...

Loved the class and miss not being there.

Tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

Mike Phillips

Here's Randy, Mikey's Dad and Denise helping Miley to machine polish next to the rear deck spoiler on the trunk lid of the 1969 GTO Judge without touching the side of the spoiler on this $1000.000.00+ muscle car.

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool
    Nathan Doering CD-SV

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast