autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures and Comments from the Wisconsin Roadshow Class - 2017

Wow, great job on photo-documenting everything. I've noticed that photographing my work is difficult, I think it requires a conscious effort ahead of time. I've noticed I get so caught up in the project that I forget to document with photos. I really appreciate all the great photos and write-ups that you and others post on AGO.

Just got a new iMac two days ago so I will hopefully post some of my summer detailing projects soon. 99% of my 800 posts on AGO are from an iPhone and not even the plus size

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post

Wow, great job on photo-documenting everything.

Thank you.

My goal for all my classes is to document the cars, the people the tools the procedures so others can see what they get to do when they attend one of our classes.

I can't really find this volume of pictures both before and after for other classes I see being marketed. At least I can't find them?

Our classes here at Autogeek are $1,795.00 we can just call that $1,800.00 and I know if I was thinking about taking this class I would want to know,

What do I get for my money?

Words help... you can read words and see a few pictures on the sign-up page on the Autogeek store here,

Mike Phillips Competition Ready Detailing Classes

And I helped to craft the words on that store page and I think they do as good as job as possible at sharing what a person gets to do and what they can learn when they take the class.

But my theory is, and it's only a theory so I could be wrong, but I think that when people start doing research on taking a detailing class it's the pictures taken at our classes and shared on this forum and facebook that gives people the confidence that they're going to get a GREAT value for their hard earned money.

Testimonies help too...

Testimonies for Autogeek's Detailing Classes with Mike Phillips

But what I know is people don't read. They'll look at pictures and watch videos though...

So while I or one of my colleagues here at Autogeek takes pictures at all our classes it is very time consuming to make them magically appear on a forum.

It's easy on Facebook, all it takes is your thumb and a press of a button. But on a forum it takes a little more time and effort. The difference is everything posted to Facebook disappears in about 15 minutes as new content is added. It's also more difficult for search engines to index, locate and then present the link to anyone doing any searching.

Not so with the forum. Google indexes and shares links to this kind of content exceptionally well.

So what I did with this class is take pictures with my phone, (or have someone take pictures as I was kind of busy), and then I share them on the forum first and then also to Facebook.

Now moving forward if someone asks,

What do I get to do if I take the class in Maine? Or Colorado,

All they have to do is somehow find this thread and look at the pictures to get a pretty good idea about what they get to do.

I can also share the link to this thread very easily. Can't share a link to the MULTIPLE posts on my FB page and by the time next week rolls around everything I've posted to my FB page will have sunk into oblivion as I add new content for new projects.

And above I stated

I can't really find this volume of pictures both before and after for other classes I see being marketed. At least I can't find them?

This thread you're reading is the "after" pictures.

Here's the before pictures that again, you cannot find these types of pictures for other classes, no one else does this.

Packing up for the Autogeek Roadshow Class in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin - August 12th & 13th

How to pack for an Autogeek Roadshow Class - Does anyone know what it takes?

I've noticed that photographing my work is difficult, I think it requires a conscious effort ahead of time. I've noticed I get so caught up in the project that I forget to document with photos. I really appreciate all the great photos and write-ups that you and others post on AGO.
    If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it - did it make a sound?

If a class takes place but no one documents it - what took place?

Just got a new iMac two days ago so I will hopefully post some of my summer detailing projects soon. 99% of my 800 posts on AGO are from an iPhone and not even the plus size

Congrats on the new iMac, I'm hoping to make the switch to a MacBook Pro in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

I recommend the apple products just on ease of use alone. I know you have mentioned in posts before that you have an iPad, if you have an iPhone too, the compatibility is amazing. I can use the iPhone messenger app on the Mac same as the iphone and can text just like on my iPhone. Get a phone call on my iPhone, dismiss the telemarketers right from the my mac's desktop.

Oh, and the 4k/5k resolution of the Retina display is awesome. Makes you want to go buy a 4k video camera! I cannot recommend high resolution displays enough. Even the text on this forum is 100% crisper compared to my previous monitor.

Bob

Mike Phillips

1982 Jaguar Convertible

Super High Quality One-Step Detailing!

After the class has used all of the other tools learning high-end show car detailing - now they learn how to turn out high quality results using a one-step cleaner/wax also called an AIO or All-in-One.

Because they have used all of the tools up to this point - during this segment of the 2-day class they get to choose which tool they want to spend more time with to apply and work the cleaner/wax.

For me?

I like to watch and see which tools are picked for this type of work.

Check out the choices in the pictures below.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

awesome, looks like everyone was having a great time!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post

awesome, looks like everyone was having a great time!

I agree.

And a good class is both fun and educational.

Anyone that's ever interested in taking one of our classes and is wondering what a class is like... the pictures tell the story.

And there's not pictures for everything that we did, this is just a snapshot.

Mike Phillips

More from Wisconsin!

All the pictures so far show hundreds of tools, pads, products and techniques and there's still more...

Mike Phillips

Thank you Chris West for sponsoring our Roadshow Class!

Mike Phillips

More pictures from the Wisconsin Roadshow Class

Mike Phillips

Students get to choose the tool the want more time with during the class on high quality one-step detailing.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast