autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
    Director of Training Mike Phillips's Avatar

Requirements to host an Autogeek's Roadshow Class

Requirements to host an Autogeek's Roadshow Class

I have been teaching roadshow classes since 2006 when I started the Meguiar's Roadshow Detailing Classes. I've taught classes all over America and other countries. While there's nothing wrong with a get-together at someone's house in their driveway or car garage, OUR classes are NOT casual get-togethers. These classes are the real-deal. They are intensely hands-on training as I know people learn by doing, not sitting in a chair listening to someone talk.

Training Certificate
    After attending a class, there is a signed Certification Awarded to those that complete the training.

In order to put on a 5 Star class, we need a facility that offers the below minimum requirements.

Need to have:

Clean facility - A shop or garage with a large enough bay to hold two large passenger cars plus ample room for 10 people to work around each car at the same time.

Electrical power - 110v plug-ins in the facility to enable at least 10 polishers to be plugged-in and operated at the same time, 20 plug-ins is best.

Good lighting - Overhead florescent lights are perfectly fine as long as there are enough to provide a well-lit working environment.

Space for 20 chairs - While these classes are the most hands-on training classes in the industry there is a brief Power Point Presentation so a nearby bay or room for the class to assemble.

Bathroom facilities - These classes start at 7:30am and go to 5:30pm. We normally have both male and female attendees.

Parking for students - 20 students typically means 20 parking space plus parking spaces for your normal business staff.

15 people minimum - We aim for 20 people for each class and the minimum is 15. No worries though, historically all our classes SELL OUT! And as a result we end up turning people away until the next class.

Nice to have:

Tables, counter space or carts in the bay to hold tools, pads and products.

A table or two for coffee and donuts in the morning and pizza and cold drinks in the afternoon.

Right to cancel

If at least 15 people have not signed up and paid for the class by 30 days before the date of the class, Autogeek reserves the right to cancel the class.

The good news is historically all our classes sell out. So this is just a precaution as there are a lot of logistics involved with shipping and travel in order to put on a first class event.

Other information needed

Nearby airports
    Nearby hotels
    Nearby restaurants - On Saturday night we hold an casual Meet-n-Greet for everyone to share their car guy/girl story and what they thought of the first day of the class.

Frequently asked questions?

Can my staff, my employees or myself attend the class?
    The other benefit to hosting a class is that 2 of your staff are invited to take the class at no charge. The two free tuitions go to whomever you the host chooses. That's a $2,000.00 savings plus the all of the great public relations obtained from hosting the event.

What does it cost the company that hosts a class?
    There is no charge to host one of our classes. I get asked this all the time and there is no charge. We are thankful for anyone that opens their doors so we can bring our class and the education and training that it provides to people across the United States and in other countries.

What does it cost to attend the class?
    The price of our 2-day Roadshow class is $995.00 per person, paid in advance via the Autogeek.com store or over the phone with Autogeek's Customer Care Staff.

What's in it for the hosting facility?
    Great question. I've been teaching these types of offsite classes for over 11 years and here's what I've seen. The hosting facility gets massive public relations out of the class with their local car enthusiast market. For detail shop owners you'll get an increase in high caliber customers.

For car dealership owners you'll reach new customers for cars sales and for your in-house detail shop and even maintenance shop. All the response I've ever received from the people that have hosted one of our classes is always overwhelmingly positive.

There is no downside except we come in and take over a portion of your facility for three days. (Friday is set-up day). We are also very respectful of your time and your property and we make sure to clean up afterwards to restore your facility to the condition it was in before the class and usually even cleaner, we are detailers...

What to do next?

If your facility fits the requirements described above, here's what you can do next,

Call Mike Phillips at 1-800-869-3011 x206 or e-mail at Mike.Phillips@autogeek.net

I'm more than happy to hear from anyone that wants to hold one of our Autogeek Roadshow Classes in their home town and I can either e-mail you more information or even send you the complete information via U.S. Postal Mail, just let me know which form you would like the information.

Mike Phillips
    Host - Competition Ready on Velocity Channel
    Director of Training Autogeek & Marine 31
    IDA Board Member
    CD-SV, RT
    Competition Ready Facebook Page
    Mike Phillips Facebook Page
    Twitter
    Instagram

Click on a book to get your own copy.

Re: Requirements to host an Autogeek's Roadshow Class

Continued....

More information about the class itself simply click the link below for the class outline and topics covered.

Autogeek's 2-Day Roadshow Detailing Classes with Mike Phillips

Mike Phillips
    IDA Board Member
    CD-SV, RT
    Twitter
    Instagram

Re: Requirements to host an Autogeek's Roadshow Class

Continued...

What about International Roadshow Classes?

Great question and the answer is YES!

The requirements are the same as described for hosting a class in the United States, so scroll up and read-up and if you think you have a facility that meets the requirements then get a hold of me.

One sticking point - Electrical Voltage
    In the United States, we use 110 volts for our electric tools. In many other countries 220 volts is the norm. In the past I've been able to successfully teach classes by either using native tools supplied by manufactures or hosting companies and even attending students or electric power converters.

Don't let this stop you from contacting me if you have a facility and you have car enthusiasts and detailers that you now would love to take this class.

Due to the logistics of shipping we should plan on a 4 month lead time instead of a 3 month lead time.

My preferred method of contact is via phone or normal e-mail which I'll list below. If it's easier to use Skype then I've included it below...

Work Phone: 1-800-869-3011 x206

Work e-mail: mike.phillips@autogeek.net

Mike Phillips
    IDA Board Member
    CD-SV, RT
    Twitter
    Instagram