autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Autogeek's 2 Day Roadshow Detailing Class at Lake Country Pads in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin - August 12th & 13th

Autogeek's 2 Day Roadshow Detailing Class at Lake Country Pads in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin - August 12th & 13th

Price - $995.00

Click here to register online

Or for more information call Autogeek at

1-800-869-3011 ext. 244

Autogeek and Mike Phillips are coming to you!

Have you ever wished you could go to one of the classes at Autogeek with Mike Phillips? If you've ever wanted to go to Autogeek in Stuart, Florida to attend one of Mike Phillips's Competition Ready Detailing Class but the airline, hotel and rental car costs plus the cost of the class was out of your budget, then there's good news!

We're coming to you!
    While there is no class in the world that can compare to Mike Phillips' Competition Ready Detailing Classes, the Autogeek's 2 Day Roadshow Detailing Classes with Mike Phillips comes close! You'll be able to study with the master detailer himself and learn the tricks of the trade - all in a location near you!

2-Day Class Outline

Saturday: Show Car Detailing
    (also called multiple-step paint polishing)

The first day Mike teaches you how to take a diamond in the rough and turn it into a glistening gemstone. The first day covers multiple tools, pads and products on multiple cars. Depending on who's hosting the Autogeek Roadshow Detailing Classes, you'll have an opportunity to try all sorts of different detailing tools and supplies!

Topics covered
    1. Cosmetic engine detailing
    2. Exterior glass polishing
    3. The proper way to use a waterless wash
    4. The proper way to use a rinseless wash
    5. How to inspect for above surface contamination
    6. How to mechanically decontaminate a car including using detailing clay and clay replacements like Nanoskin towels, pads and wash mitts
    7. How to inspect paint for below surface defects and determine the problem and the solution
    8. How to prep a for machine compounding and polishing

Tools covered
    1. Entry level orbital polisher with an 8mm orbit stroke length
    2. Long stroke orbital polishers
    3. Forced rotation dual action polishers
    4. Rotary polishers

Pads covered
    Specialized pads ranging from long-stroke specific pads to forced-rotation specific pads in sizes ranging from 3 to 7 inches.

Compound & Polishes covered
    A variety of different compounds and polishes will be covered - everything from a heavy cut compound to a ultra-fine finishing polish!

LSPs or Last Step Products covered
    1. Waxes
    2. Synthetic Sealants
    3. Ceramic Paint Coatings

Misc topics
    1. Chrome, aluminum and stainless steel polishing
    2. Custom wheel polishing
    3. Tire dressings and tire coatings
    4. How to tape-off a car
    5. How to a paint thickness gauge
    6. How to do the baggie test
    7. How to cover-up and protect non-detailed areas and components
    8. How to use the VIF form or App
    9. How to match your services to your customer

Final inspection techniques

Sunday: Production Detailing

The second day of class Mike covers how to do high quality production detailing. There's a specific reason production detailing is taught AFTER show car detailing and you'll learn why in the class.

Production detailing is the bread and butter of the detailing business because there is a larger population of people that want their daily driver washed and waxed as compared to the number of people that want a show car finish on a special toy. You'll learn how to do both styles in Mike's class and you'll learn how to reduce steps and time while maintaining pro-grade results.

Topics covered

The order of steps and how to do each step

1. Traditional engine detailing
    2. Headlight correction
    3. Exterior glass polishing
    4. Wheel and tire cleaning
    5. Chemical decontamination
    6. Jamb cleaning - doors, hood and trunk lids
    7. Car washing including how to use foam guns, the 1, 2 and 3 bucket methods
    8. Canvas and vinyl top cleaning and protecting
    9. Mechanical decontamination during the washing step
    10. Drying methods for speed
    11. How to properly and correctly use a one-step cleaner/wax i.e. production detailing
    12. How to under promise and over deliver
    13. Interior glass cleaning
    14. Rock Chip Repair with Dr. Color Chip
    15. Tire dressings and tire coatings

Misc. topics
    1. How to tape-off a car
    2. How to a paint thickness gauge
    3. How to do the baggie test
    4. How to cover-up and protect non-detailed areas and components
    5. How to use the VIF form or App
    6. How to match your services to your customer

Final inspection techniques

End of class
    Certificate Award Ceremony
    Book signing

If you're signed up and attending the Autogeek 2-day Roadshow Class in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin, here's all the information you need.

Lake Country's Address
    Lake Country Mfg., Inc.
    950 Blue Ribbon Circle North
    Oconomowoc, WI 53066

Office: 262-367-8395

Class Schedule for Saturday and Sunday

Class starts at 7:30am sharp and goes to approximately 5:30pm

Please arrive at least 20 minutes early to sign-in, get your name tag, pick up your class manual and books, meet your fellow classmates, the hosts and the instructor

• Hot coffee and fresh donuts are provided
    • Pizza lunch is provided with cold soft drinks and water at noon
    • The course manual is provided and there are blank pages included for you to take your own notes. You are welcome bring your own notebook.
    • All the tools, pads, products and microfiber towels are provided
    • All you need to bring is an energetic attitude and be ready to learn and fully participate both days.

The Certification Awards and Pictures Ceremony
    The class certificates will be presented at approximately 4:30pm and the class ends at approximately 5:30pm.

Book signing
    Copies of Mike's books are available.

Dress Code
    Please wear the appropriate clothes for washing and detailing cars. Tennis shoes, jeans or jean shorts, comfortable t-shirt. Please do not wear open toe shoes, flip flops, dresses or high heels.

Pictures and Video Policy
    You are welcome and encouraged to take all the pictures you like. We ask that you do not take videos without prior permission.

Lake Country Pad Manufacturing in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
    The first ever Autogeek Road Show Class will take place on August 12th & August 13th at Lake Country Manufacturing in
    Click here to register online

Or for more information call Autogeek at

1-800-869-3011 ext. 244

The $995 includes the two day class, coffee and donuts in the morning, pizza and cold drinks for lunch, and each student will leave with an official Competition Ready Detailing Certificate!

If you are in that general area and would like to sign up for the Autogeek Roadshow Class, you can register online now by clicking the link below.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Autogeek's 2 Day Roadshow Detailing Class at Lake Country Pads in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin - August 12th & 13th

Great news! Will likely sign up for this one. Summer weekends in Wisconsin are precious... so there is always something competing for your time. I think I can make this though! Woo hoo!
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Mike Phillips

Re: Autogeek's 2 Day Roadshow Detailing Class at Lake Country Pads in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin - August 12th & 13th

Airports

Mitchell International Airport Airport Code = MKE

O’Hare International Airport Airport Code = ORD

Hotels

Staybridge Suites Milwaukee West-Oconomowoc (closest)
    1141 Blue Ribbon Drive
    Oconomowoc, Wisconsin 53066
    262-200-2900

Note: The Staybridge Suits is the closest hotel to Lake Country's facilities. Dave Patterson told me it's literally directly across from Lake Country in the same business park. Yancy and I are flying in to the Mitchell International Airport and staying at the Staybridge Suits.

Hilton Garden Inn Oconomowoc
    1443 Pabst Farm Circle
    Oconomowoc, WI 53066,
    262-200-2222

Holiday Inn Express Delafield
    3030 Golf Road
    Delafield, WI 53018
    262-646-7077

Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa and Conference Center
    1350 Royale Mile Road
    Oconomowoc, WI 53066
    262-369-4999

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Delafield
    2412 Milwaukee Street
    Delafield, WI 53018
    262-646-3300

Directions from the airport to Lake Country's facilities

Directions from Mitchell International Airport:

• Take I-41/I-894 W and I-94 W to WI-67 S/Summit Ave in Oconomowoc.
    • Take exit 282 from I-94 W
    • Take a left on WI-67 S/Summit Ave.
    • Turn right on Blue Ribbon Blvd/Blue Ribbon Cir N.

Directions from O’Hare International Airport:

• Get on I-190 E
    • Take the I-90 ramp to I-90/I-294/Chicago Loop
    • Take I-294 N, I-94 W, 1-41/I-894 W and I-94 W to WI-67 S/Summit Ave in Oconomowoc
    • Take exit 282 from I-94 W
    • Take a left on WI-67 S/Summit Ave.
    • Turn right onto Blue Ribbon Blvd/Blue Ribbon Circle N.

If you have any questions, please contact Mike Phillips

Mike.Phillips@Autogeek.net

1-800-869-3011 x206

Mike Phillips

Just to add...

The classes here at Autogeek always sell out and usually we have people that want to get in at the last minute and if the class if full we have ask that they sign-up for the next class. The class coming up next weekend sold-out a month ahead of time.

The class in England last year sold out as did the Roadshow class at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. So if you want to attend the class at Lake Country Pads shop then clear your schedule, make your plans and get signed-up.

It will be fun and educational and like all my classes you'll get the most hands-on time out of any class on planet Earth. I guarantee it.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow.. I never thought you guys would venture up to WI. But joining up with LC makes a lot of sense. Oconomowoc (pronounced Oh-CON-Ah-Ma-Walk) is a very nice area. I won't be able to attend but it would be great to meet everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

How cool! I'm in WI and would love to attend. Gotta convince the wife first...tall order. How many can attend the class?

David

Post Thanks / Like

I 100% want to do this. I just have to see if I can dig up a grand. I'm only 20 minutes from where you're hosting!

Post Thanks / Like

I convinced the wife! Woot, woot! I am officially registered. Can't wait for August and am super excited to learn from the best - Mike Phillips.

David

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post

I convinced the wife! Woot, woot!

I am officially registered.

Can't wait for August and am super excited to learn from the best - Mike Phillips.

David

Congratulations David for getting the wife's approval!

Looking forward to meeting and working with you!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Wisconsin Mike. I'm a little over an hour away from there. Do you need any cars for the class? I could supply you with a 67 GTO, and/or a 70 Monte Carlo. If so, I won't do much with them this summer. Otherwise I was going to polish/coat them starting next week. This is COOL!

EDIT: Let me know if you need any help with the class. I can be a go-fer!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast