autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Competition Ready Roadshow Detailing Class in London! - Products, Pads & Tools for the class!

As promised.... more tools, pads and products for the London Roadshow Class!

I shipped over an Autogeek one quart Foam Gun for the class session on car washing to prep cars for machine polishing

Here's another box that was shipped over.... what's in the box?

Wheel Woolies Black Boar's Hair Brushes and Microfiber Chenille Wash Miits!

Also sent are some products from Nanoskin including,

Nanoskin Autoscrub Wash Mitts and Nanoskin Autoscrub Towels - For mechanically decontaminating paint during the washing step to save time when prepping a car for machine polishing.

I also sent some Nanoskin Autoscrub Pads to show how to mechanically decontaminate paint by machine!

This class is going to be a blast!

And like all my classes, his class is going to be full bore HANDS-ON!

There won't be any sitting around in chairs listening to someone drone on and on about car detailing - nope... those attending will be working!

Mike Phillips

Re: Competition Ready Roadshow Detailing Class in London! - Products, Pads & Tools for the class!

MORE PICTURES!

I teach both hand sanding and machine sanding techniques in my classes.

This is a Griot's Garage 3" Mini Polisher and I show guys how to turn this mini polisher into a precision 3" machine sander!

I sent over Mirka Abralon Sanding Discs and 3M Trizact Sanding Discs!

Mike Phillips

Hand sanding techniques using Meguiar's Nikken Finishing Papers!

Hand sanding techniques are important skills you can use for a lifetime when the need arises like leveling orange peel and removing other surface texture issues in the paint. For this class I sent over a box that includes,

Meguiar's E7200 Sanding Backing Pads

Thank you to everyone that signed up to attend this first full day, hardcore detailing class!

Mike Phillips

More cool tools!

Oh yeah!!!!

Mike Phillips

3M Trizact #3000 and #5000 finishing discs for machine sanding!

After you finish out with #5000 Trizact you can remove the sanding marks without even trying... even a first time can do it!

Mike Phillips

HighLine Meter II & PosiTest DFT

Now this will be educational - measuring paint thickness with two different Paint Thickness Gauges!

Mike Phillips

Wool pads for the FLEX PE14 Rotary Polisher

Every detailer needs to know how to correctly use a wool pad on a rotary buffer for those times when you need to cut fast or remove 100% of your sanding marks - especially around edges and raised body lines and in convex and concave curves!

Lake Country 7.5" Electrified Wool Polishing pad

Electrified?

The word electrified means Lake Country has taken the extra step to electrify the wool which removes the natural sharp barbs found in wool creating a pad that cuts fast but finishes with less scouring of the paint. This is a real benefit when buffing thin, scratch-sensitive clearcoat finishes.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Mike, you've got a lot of awesome stuff going to that class!

Oh, and by the way, the class is now going to be held at my house so you might want to get all that stuff over to the new location
    Currently: 2014 Jet Black Mica Mazda 6

Previously: 2004 Milano Red Acura TSX

Mike Phillips

How to jewel paint with only a rotary polisher

For the class session on jeweling I shipped over the best jeweling pads on the market, which are the Lake Country 6.5" Gold Hybrid Jeweling Pads!

Lake Country 6.5" Gold Hybrid Jeweling Pads

We'll be using these on the FLEX PE14 Rotary Polishers provided to us by FLEX!

Mike Phillips

Top quality microfiber towels and microfiber gloves!

We're so thankful to Aki and the guys at the Buff Monkey Garage for allowing us to use their shop. It would be too much to ask them to supply all the microfiber towels needed for a class so I've shipped over both Microfiber Towels and Microfiber Gloves!

I love the glove!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast