autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Autogeek Racing!

Quote Originally Posted by Perfections View Post
    6 second quarter mile at nearly 200 mph in 130 cubic inch motor...who would've ever thought. Amazing driving, engineering, and tuning! Or is it a special wax, cutting down your drag coefficient??
    That is a race shop secret, If we were to tell you how we managed to wax up his car so well it sucks him down the track we would have to shoot you. LOL!

No seriously, Bruno and his father have a great thing going, was at the track with them last year and truly amazing to watch. Precision at its best! That motor/turbo combo that they have is amazing!

Yancy Martinez - MNKYHead Car Care

Bruno Massel Racing Bruno Massel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's the wax, its gotta be the wax!! When everything is right, it is a lot of fun to drive that turbocharged little beast!

The only problem right now is the Cobalt is running so well, I don't have the time to switch to the dragster, lol! We're going to run both cars at the NHRA Full Throttle event in MN, next month...which will be cool. There are alot of people anxious to see what that same little 4-cylinder turbo engine can do in a dragster that is 600lbs lighter, I'm pretty stoked!

Thanks again to everyone at Autogeek.net and Detailer's Pro Series for the support!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck with that! I'll be on the lookout, and my guess is 6.50's in the dragster
    A passion for perfection!

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to share a link to a feature article we had in this month's Drag Illustrated magazine...

Drag Illustrated - July 2012 - Issue 67

Have a great weekend!

Post Thanks / Like

Great article! Do you make one of your Bruno's Automotive Converter Drives for a 95 Maxima with a VQ35 swap? I want a Pro Stock shifter in my car.

Ray@AutoGeek.net
    800-869-3011 x245

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a quick update on Bruno. Getting closer to winning the championship this year!

Per Bruno -

It has been a grueling past two months, with seven straight weeks of racing! Since winning the NHRA Full Throttle event in Brainerd, MN the car(s) have run strong as we’ve notched three #1 qualifying spots and a 2nd over the past four events. On race day we’ve continued to go deep into eliminations but for the fourth straight week, lady luck has somehow managed to end our day with bizarre miscellaneous part failures (air line fitting, broken converter, failed air sensor, etc). Its honestly really tough to swallow, but unfortunately part of racing.

This past weekend’s event in Dallas was our last points earning opportunity, but we still maintain a large lead in the National Points standings. As it stands right now, there are two competitors with a mathematical chance to pass us for the championship, but it would take them running the table at their final three events for it to happen. So, we’ll head to St. Louis this weekend looking to not only win our fourth NHRA National event of the season, but to block one of our Championship competitors.

Wish us luck, we could use some of the “good” variety!

Thanks again for your support!
    Bruno

Yancy Martinez - MNKYHead Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Guys,
    We are down the homes stretch and I've got my fingers crossed that we can hold on and bring home the NHRA World Championship for Max and everyone at Detailer's Pro Series and Autogeek.net!

Here is an article from last week that sums up the Championship chase...

Thu, 27 Sep 2012, 18:57 PM

It's Going To Be An Interesting Couple Of Weeks
    By Bob Frey
    Photo copyright 2012 Auto Imagery, Inc.

Jim Whiteley
    As I have done for more years than I care to remember, every season about this time I try to take a look at the racers in the Lucas Oil classes and see who, if anyone, has the upper hand in the battle for the Lucas Oil World Championship. Jim Whiteley was crowned the champ last week with his win in Dallas and Tony Bartone picked up some points, although he would like to have had more, with his runner-up finish in the Top Alcohol Funny Car class. Tony and Mickey Ferro will now look to the Maple Grove race in an attempt to stop Frank Manzo and his bid for a record sixteenth national title. Frank still has a lot of points that he can add to his total by going rounds at national events, so the only hope the others may have is to get him out early at the Grove. Good luck with that! But, as we always say, it's not over until it's over, and until Tony and Mickey have been mathematically eliminated I'm sure they'll keep racing and hoping. As I say that, as of this moment neither Tony nor Mickey are on the entry list that I have for Reading, but I'm sure they will be..or should be.

Bruno Massel
    The battle for the Competition Eliminator title is all but over. The 2009 champ, Bruno Massel, has put up 644 points, and based on the criteria for earning points in the sportsman classes, that's all he'll get. Still, he has a huge lead over the second place driver, another former champ, Frank Aragona Jr., but Frank doesn't have enough races remaining to catch Bruno, but David Billingsley does. David, who is a former U.S. Nationals champ has three top ten finishes and whose best finish to date has been fourth place in 1994, won the Sportsnationals this past week and jumped right into title contention. Ok, so he has 556 points and that's a long way from Bruno, but the Division 3 standout has only been to three national races so he can claim three more. With a first and a third round to replace he has the potential to add a whole pile of points, and since he is entered this weekend in St. Louis and next weekend in Maple Grove, we should get a better idea of where he stands in the next ten days. Arnie Martel has 527 points but just doesn't have enough races or rounds to replace to catch Bruno, while Justin Lamb, with his 516 points, is also a long way back.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you win! Good Luck!!!!!!

Some very nice atricles in the above post also!
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Good Luck!!!
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789