Bruno Massel give us a report on Team Autogeek drag racing-3-jpgBruno Massel give us a report on Team Autogeek drag racing-5-jpgBruno Massel give us a report on Team Autogeek drag racing-6-jpg

"Last season we started off by pretty much winning everywhere we went. Unfortunately this season hasn’t started on such a hi note. We have really struggled with parts attrition. To date we’ve had five engine failures, two of them of catastrophic proportions, completely leveling those engines. It took some time to get to the root of the problem, but it seems to be bad batch of crankshafts that we got this winter. The resulting carnage has left us scrambling to catch back up.

We were though able to piece together a solid bullet for this past weekend at the NHRA Summit Racing nationals in Norwalk, OH where we came in as the defending champ. The car ran strong as we advanced to the quarterfinals, only to drop a cylinder ending our day. The chips just haven’t fallen our way thus far, but now that the problem has been addressed and parts starting to come back in, I know we can run as well in the second half of this season, as we did the first half of last.

Bruno Massel give us a report on Team Autogeek drag racing-4-jpg

The COPO Camaro is really starting to show the form it did when it won on its maiden voyage out last year. Crashing the car late last season put us a bit behind, but in rebuilding it, we decided to go outside the box on some things and it is starting to pay off. The category in which that car competes (The Factory Stock Showdown) pairs us head to head with the Cobra Jet Mustangs and Drag Pak Challengers and is the hottest class in all of NHRA drag racing right now. Detroit has really gone all in on it. So much so that it Don Schumacher Racing, which fields 8 NHRA Nitro teams now competes in the class with Mopar backing fielding 3 cars!

Bruno Massel give us a report on Team Autogeek drag racing-1-jpg

Although we haven’t been piling up wins, we have been able to keep Autogeek in the public eye. I’ve been able to shoot some technical segments for the FOX broadcasts from my own pit on my “weekends off”. Those segments have been very well received by the fans. As a result, for the NHRA fall races in St Louis and Dallas they will wire up my cars with in car cams and mics and follow me throughout the weekend as I race. The idea is to give the fans a first-hand perspective. Not only will it offer great branding on the cars, and racing peripherals, but a great way for us to brand myself as an Autogeek representative to the people who primarily know me as a TV commentator!

Bruno Massel give us a report on Team Autogeek drag racing-2-jpg

Outside of the racing world, I’m currently in mid-season form on my Weekday jobs, cohosting both TruckU and Garage Squad on Velocity. For those of you that aren’t aware, my role on the NHRA FOX broadcasts has grown this year. I have been moved up to an analyst position in the booth for the Mello Yellow series broadcasts and am the Play-by-Play host for both the NHRA Pro Mod and Lucas Oil Series shows that we produce for FS1. Coming up in July we get the opportunity to once again air our “Western swing” of Denver, Seattle and Sonoma races on the FOX Broadcast network, so looking forward to that as well!"

- Bruno Massel