autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Pictures with Dennis Gage at the Evansville Detailing Class

Pictures with Dennis Gage at the Evansville Detailing Class

Had a blast tonight and learned a lot! Thanks again Mike! Also thanks to Dennis for coming by and Scott for opening his shop!

Great time with some real detailing guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mini Detailing Clinic in Evansville, Indiana

Thanks again Mike we had a great time and really appreciate everything from you, Dennis, and Scott for lending the space and time.

Post Thanks / Like

Had a great time last night. It was good to meet some old friends and put some faces to a lot of new ones. Was really nice of Scott to open up his shop to us and for Dennis Gauge and Mike to be there after a long day of shooting under the hot lights. Thanks again I really enjoyed it.

Mike Phillips

Pictures: Evansville GTG

Pictures: Evansville GTG

Had a GREAT time at the Evansville GTG last night. I'd like to thank Scott for opening the doors at his shop and hosting this event. I'd also like to thank everyone that attended and especially Dennis Gage from "My Classic Car" for coming by and hanging out while we went over tools and techniques for creating a show car finish.

I'm in route back to Florida and I'll post some more pictures as I get a chance...

Evansville GTG

If you attended last night and had a good time and learned a lot then keep in mind this is just a taste of what my classes are like and the next one is coming up in January...

Mike Phillips's Detailing Boot Camp January, 26th & 27th

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures: Evansville GTG

My first time at something like this and I learned a lot! Thanks for the chance to get hands-on with the prep towel and the flex. Now I think I have the 'nerve' to use mine that is still new in the box!

I realized I didn't have my username on my nametag, I was the one with the Autogeek racing shirt FWIW!

Post Thanks / Like

Great time at the GTG, nice to get all the tips and tricks from a Master. I was the one with the Autogeek Racing shirt BTW.

Thanks for looking at my Infiniti!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll just echo what everyone else has said: THANK YOU Mike, and Scott for hosting us!

I learned alot, as did my 15 yr old son!!

Thanks Again,

Rod

Post Thanks / Like

Great to meet everyone. Makes me really want to get to Florida and check out a full fledged class. Thanks for taking the time Mike.

Post Thanks / Like

My uncle and I had a great day. Our day started out earlier in the day looking at a slough of Chevy Impala's, from totally restored 62-64, to full body parts and engines (409's) on stands that could be started up on the engine stands. How cool is that? Real cool!!!

Big shout out to Mr. Scott Molden for opening his shop and allowing this get-together to take place. I would also like to thank him for offering up his beautiful black camaro as a demo vehicle for Mr. Phillips to use.

Big thanks to Max at Autogeek for allowing Mr. Phillips to be with us. Without Max, none of this would have been possible. Thank you, sir!!

The surprise guest was an awesome treat, as well as getting to put some faces with the names of other guests and forum members, Rod, 2old2change (forgot your name), and Devin aka Anarchy.

Last, but certainly not least, I'd like to say thanks to Mr. Mike Phillips for being so generous with his knowledge and time. It was evident that Mr. Phillips was very tired at the start of the event, but he stayed the course with his passion to teach others and made the class extremely entertaining, interesting, and very worth while in attending. Thanks for all that extra effort Mr. Phillips!

I found it very refreshing to see, live and in person, the same Mr. Mike Phillips we see on camera so often, and not some person who is just acting for the camera. A person can really see and understand that Mr. Phillips really wants people to learn and enjoy what they're doing.

Mr. Phillips,
    You really made a lasting impression upon my uncle with your knowledge of how to care for cars, your delivery style in teaching, and with you're "down home" personality. My uncle not being involved with our forum, but still being a "car guy", I don't really think he knew what to expect of the event. Having attended I think I can honestly say that he left impressed, more educated, and that he thoroughly enjoyed the event, just as I enjoyed it. It was nice getting to spend some time with my uncle on this level (a first for me).

I had a great time at the event. My uncle even had a great time and we both learned quite a bit more about what it takes to reach a show car finish and about detailing knowledge in general.

I left the event anxious to sign-up for one of Mr. Phillips' two day classes and feel the money and time would be well spent.

Loved that blue Chevy II!!

This event was worth the 4 1/2 hour drive for me, for sure.
    Bill

Mike Phillips

The first thing I did was share some tips and techniques how to inspect paint for contamination and swirls and scratches and then how to use the Speedy Prep Towel as well as the Nanoskin Autoscrub pads.

We were in a large shop and I'm not sure why but everyone spaced themselves out far from each other? Normally everyone gets in close to watch and learn? Anyway... here's some shots from the first part of the clinic that Dennis hung around and watched as we progressed through multiple topics...

In these first photos I shared how the Speedy Prep Towel worked and how to inspect the paint with both your hand and by doing the baggie test.

Dennis hung out in the background and seem to just observe the clinic as it moved along...

Tonya stepped up to inspect the paint before and after using the Speedy Prep Towel and also tried out the baggie test...

Next up I taped off a section of the hood on this black Camaro and demonstrated how to use the 3" Griot's Polisher to dampsand and also the Meguiar's G110v2 to dampsand using the 3M #5000 Finishing Discs.

Shortly after the sanding demonstration Dennis had to leave for a dinner date with his wife. It was really nice for him to attend and hang out and talk with everyone as it had been a long day at the studio and I think we we're both dragging a little by the time the clinic started...

So a shout out to Dennis to say "thank you" as I know Sheila the Vice President of Sales at Madstache will see this thread...

I'd also like to say thank you to Sheila for all her help and hospitality. Here's a picture of Sheila from our work there last year... in this picture she's pointing to where the air comes out of the air conditioner so I cool down in-between takes...

Sheila, (President of Sales for MCC), me, Dennis Gage and Max on the set getting reading to shoot a new feature

Autogeek is the Title Sponsor for My Classic Car...

Autogeek is now the Title Sponsor for My Classic Car with Dennis Gage

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast