autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

4 New Autogeek TV Episodes with Dennis Gage for My Classic Car

4 New Autogeek TV Episodes with Dennis Gage for My Classic Car

On Tuesday, October 11th, Max and I flew to Evansville, Indiana to shoot 4 new episodes for My Classic Car with Dennis Gage. The last time we worked with Dennis the focus was on detailing products as in polishes and waxes, this time the focus was on the different tools Autogeek offers and showing how each tool works when machine polishing paint.

The My Classic Car studio is tucked away in the rolling hills of Evansville and when we first arrived Dennis was filming with a representative from Corvette Central and then after that from Flaming River Products. So we quietly entered the set and then watched as they filmed these two segments featuring products from both companies.

Jerry from Corvette Central is working with Dennis who you can't see as a camera man is standing in front of him.

Ron from Flaming River working with Dennis

Autogeek is now the Title Sponsor for My Classic Car and this is why each time you watch the show you'll see our new Autogeek Garage sign on the wall in the background.

Mike Phillips

Re: 4 New Autogeek TV Episodes with Dennis Gage for My Classic Car

This is just a portion of the crew that I snapped a picture of after the day was over...

From left to right...

Brian, Jon, Mike and Chad

Mike is a "Grip" and that basically means anything that's gripped or positioned on the set he's in charge of, in this shot you see him adding a clamp to a beam to add more light for the Opel GT work.

There are a lot of lights on the set and it can get a little warm and this will tend to make you sweat. High Definition Cameras show everything so Dennis has an Make-up Artist on staff and she's in charge of making sure Dennis looks his best as well as taking care of all the guests on the show.

This is just part of what you have to do if you're working on TV...

This shot was taken right before we started the rotary buffer segment in which we shared just two of the rotary buffers we carry here at Autogeek, the DeWALT 849X and the Flex PE14

Dennis Gage and me ready to start filming...

Here's Max and me...

Next to me pointing to where the cool air comes out of the air conditioning vents is Sheila who is the Vice President of Sales and also the most wonderful host to all the guests that visit the My Classic Car TV Studio including Max and me. After we finished for the day she took us out to dinner to a local favorite place to dine, the Haub Steak House.

Mike Phillips

We featured three categories of tools for three TV episodes,

The first how-to segment was using the Cyclo Polisher to remove oxidation on a 1973 Opel GT

Poor Man's Corvette - 1973 Opel GT on My Classic Car with Dennis Gage

A 1973 Opel GT also known as the Poor Man's Corvette.

This was a really cool car in great overall shape with the period correct, aluminum slotted mags. Here's a shot of the interior...

Mike Phillips

The second episode we shot was about the improvements and refinements in rotary buffers and the variety of pad sizes and types that are now available plus that Autogeek.net carries a huge selection of pads and backing plates for every project imaginable...

1966 Corvette on My Classic Car with Dennis Gage - Rotary Buffer Video

Mike Phillips

The third episode we shot was on the benefits and features of the Flex 3401 Forced Rotation Dual Action Polisher and for this we used another of Dennis's car a Ford Taurus SHO

Ford Taurus SHO on My Classic Car with Dennis Gage - Flex 3401 Video

This Ford Taurus SHO is a survivor and in really great condition...

Mike Phillips

Just a heads-up, we have a Pinnacle XMT how-to segment with Dennis Gage and myself airing this Sunday, February 5th on My Classic Car on Speed Channel.

The time is 9:30am Eastern Time

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips
    "There are a lot of lights on the set and it can get a little warm and this will tend to make you sweat. High Definition Cameras show everything so Dennis has an Make-up Artist on staff and she's in charge of making sure Dennis looks his best as well as taking care of all the guests on the show."

That is why I am heavily invested in Kini Flo lights and am just getting started in high power LED lamphousings. NO HEAT!

And you know how loud studio AC units can be. And that the directors demand that they be shut off during shooting. At least Kinos are much cooler than incandescent lamps and the LEDs are much cooler than even Kinos

The only problem is that HD cameras demand even more light than the older NTSC studio cameras did.

The more things change the more expensive it gets!