autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

Saturday, February 20th at 10:30am EASTERN Time - Porter Cable Video Segment on Two Guys Garage

Saturday, February 20th at 10:30am EASTERN Time - Porter Cable Video Segment on Two Guys Garage on the Speed Channel.

Here's a screen shot form the video segment on Two Guys Garage...

It can also be watched on our new video library..

Autogeek's Show Car Garage!

Check it out!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Saturday, February 20th at 10:30am EASTERN Time - Porter Cable Video Segment on Two Guys Garage

a good 2 minute segment Mike. One small criticism, the inflection of your voice in the intro seems kind of forced and un-natural. I would venture to guess the director wanted the first few lines delivered like that and it's not how you would normally speak.

Mike Phillips

Re: Saturday, February 20th at 10:30am EASTERN Time - Porter Cable Video Segment on Two Guys Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fullcollapse40 View Post
    a good 2 minute segment Mike. One small criticism, the inflection of your voice in the intro seems kind of forced and un-natural. I would venture to guess the director wanted the first few lines delivered like that and it's not how you would normally speak.
    All I can say is that when you stand behind the camera and it sinks in that you're being filmed... it's kind of nerve-wracking...

I hope everyone gets a chance to make a video and then share it for the world do see!

One thing for sure, I'm my own best critic...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have watched you other videos, thats the only reason I noticed. In your other videos you are very natural, it feels like I'm just sitting in your garage, talking cars...very natural and comfortable.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by fullcollapse40 View Post
    I have watched you other videos, thats the only reason I noticed. In your other videos you are very natural, it feels like I'm just sitting in your garage, talking cars...very natural and comfortable.
    Being natural is the goal mostly because detailing cars and teaching others how to detail cars is very natural.

All I can say is there's a certain amount of stress or anxiety in environments like filming on a real studio set with professionals in this industry.

One thing for sure, the more you do this kind of work, the greater the comfort level.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up Mike.
    Just happened to see this post at 7:31. Really worth watching. (A confidence booster.)
    TV voice sounded focused and swirl free for the amount of info in such a short amount of time. How many "takes" for the segment?
    Liked the demo of using the PC on the back of the hand. Noticed they used the word "clutch".... Your ideas?