autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New! Autogeek's Show Car Garage TV Segments!

Mike, first got to watch you work at the NXT institute and have followed your posts and advice for a number of years now... You've worked hard and paid your dues, so now all that is left if singing ZZ Tops old song.... Nation Wide... "I'm bad I'm bad, I'm nation wide" congrats nice to see your hard work and dedication to craft paying off....

Next it will be time to limber up that autograph signature!

Bill P.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Prentice View Post
    Mike, first got to watch you work at the NXT institute and have followed your posts and advice for a number of years now... You've worked hard and paid your dues, so now all that is left if singing ZZ Tops old song.... Nation Wide... "I'm bad I'm bad, I'm nation wide" congrats nice to see your hard work and dedication to craft paying off....

Next it will be time to limber up that autograph signature!

Bill P.

Hi Bill,

I was searching through this forum for an article and found your post and just wanted to say thank you for your kind words and it's been a pleasure posting with you on the forums all these years...

It's hard to believe the first NXT Tech Institute class was back in 2004 and the second NXT Tech Institute was back in 2005, Kevin Brown and Jason Rose were both the key people that created and coordinated these two classes and I've always appreciated their hard work putting these two classes together as well as including me as one of the Instructors along with a LOT of very talented other people. And of course, Joe aka Superior Shine was there too and that's where myself and so many others learned about the Xenon Flashlights.

For those of you reading this that don't know what these classes were, here's the links to the threads... these were Advanced Paint Polishing classes set up with a high Instructor to Student Ratio and were hugely successful.

TWO THUMBS UP !!--Meguiar’s NXT Tech Institute

NXT TECH CLASS II, these guys are CAR CRAZY

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, any chance of seeing an entire 30-minute Showcar Garage show? I know, I'm getting greedy.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by mcpp66 View Post
    Mike, any chance of seeing an entire 30-minute Showcar Garage show? I know, I'm getting greedy.
    To be honest, I don't have any idea in what's involved in starting a show from scratch.

One thing I know for sure and that's making a short video that's not "Voice Over" is a lot harder than it looks on both sides of the camera.

The first video script I ever wrote was the script for this video

"How to remove paint defects"

This was all done using the Voice Over format and even doing it using VO it still took a long time to shoot and edit...

No voice at all is the easiest type of video to shoot, simply take footage and add music. Next would be Voice Over, take footage and add audio after the fact. The hardest is "live" and the second hardest is ad lib dialog.

One thing for sure... it's a lot harder than it looks... a 10 minute video can easily take a half day to set-up and shoot and another half day or longer to edit.

Post Thanks / Like

JUST got done watching one of the segments!! Great job Mike!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    One thing for sure... it's a lot harder than it looks... a 10 minute video can easily take a half day to set-up and shoot and another half day or longer to edit.

I can vouch for the difficulty behind the scenes. I do video recording and editing for a living. Even though I don't do much commercial work, I have put together a few instructional videos. From an editing stand point, the Voice Over format (in my case it would be a highlight reel or back stage footage) is a dream to edit. I can only imagine the level of difficulty involved with a full TV production... which I don't plan to experience.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123